• Show
Clear All

anyone know the reg of this B747?

Comment

there are another 3 cases of people infected with the H1N1 virus
      one was on SQ917 from manila, seat on the 33th row
      one was on UA895 from hong kong, seat on the 33th row
      one was on UA803 from tokyo, seat on the 55th row

anyone sitting +-3 rows from these seats on 26th may 2009 should inform the authorities
      the number is 1800-333-9999
      Last edited by LOWJHG; 29 May 2009, 01:19 PM. Reason: wrong info
      I know when you airline bling, that could only mean one thing

Comment

What's that about tempting fate ?!?

From the BusinessMirror newspaper yesterday:

“The current economic situation is an advantage to create value-for-money offerings and give people a chance to travel,” explains Lynelle Seow, Philippines area director of [Singapore Tourism Board]. “Singapore is even H1N1-free, so there’s nothing to be worried about.”

Comment

UA895 is from Hong Kong, UA803 is from Tokyo.

Comment

yes corrected thank you yongchau

Comment

its now 5 people that have gotten the H1N1 - and it seems all were returning from the US.

Comment

I was reading that the first H1N1 carrier in Singapore was flamed for bringing back the flu. Is it true?!?

Comment

its now upped to 7 persons who r tested positive for H1N1 - of which 6 are from US and one who flew in from Manila (but unsure at this time whether he was in transit or been to the US).

Comment

now its 8 people with the eighth person coming back to singapore on SQ421

Comment

Sigh all coming from US

Special Report

• Flu Outbreak
                      SINGAPORE : The Ministry of Health has confirmed Singapore's eighth case of the H1N1 virus.

The patient is a 15-year-old Singaporean student studying in India.

He had travelled to Orlando and Atlanta in the US on a school trip from May 17 to 31.

He returned to Singapore from Atlanta via Mumbai on Singapore Airlines flight SQ 421 (Seat 39K) on June 1 at 7.36pm.

The patient was feverish during the flight, and was picked up by thermal scanners at Changi Airport.

He was sent to Tan Tock Seng Hospital, and subsequently warded at KK Women's and Children's Hospital in the early hours on Tuesday.

Laboratory results confirmed his infection on Tuesday afternoon.

The health ministry is tracing his close contacts. - CNA /

Comment

its now up to 11 cases - perhaps the govt should do extra precautions in screening individually all passengers on inbound US flights and on those who flew in on other flights but who are coming back from the US - this is more detailed screening is necessary as as many as 9 of the 11 pax who got the flu are returning or coming from the US.

Comment

Since this has spread beyond the first case, I propose this thread be re-titled "H1N1 in Singapore" or something to that effect

Comment

Ouch +1
                            Special Report

• Flu Outbreak
                            SINGAPORE: Singapore has confirmed its 12th case of Influenza A (H1N1). The patient is an 18-year-old Singaporean.

He went to Melbourne on May 16 and returned on June 1 on Emirates EK405 at 11.50pm. He was seated at row 18.

Comment

I don't get all the paranoia in this thread. In the same time period I bet there are many many times 12 people arriving in Singapore with regular flu. Heck the flight I took last week alone would have had more.

Comment

Originally posted by Kiwi View Post
                                I don't get all the paranoia in this thread. In the same time period I bet there are many many times 12 people arriving in Singapore with regular flu. Heck the flight I took last week alone would have had more.
                                I guess the initial outbreak (and deaths) in Mexico spooked everyone, including the WHO and Singapore's Ministry of Health.
                                Singapore also has painful memories of the deaths from SARS in 2003, so it's right to be extra careful.
                                Let's hope this H1N1 virus remains less deadly than SARS.
                                J. my own dear wife J.

Comment

Working...
                                X