The Final SQ Boeing 747-400 flights - 06 April 2012

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by SQflyergirl View Post
    Was about to book SQ748 in F, but then apparently some selfish gits have booked all the window seats
    Rejoice in the knowledge that the Good Gits snagged all the windows...

Comment

Nah... 1B is where the people who don't really know this layout, but THINK they do sit
      Oh, watch out, the HUGE one might bite...

Originally posted by HUGE AL View Post
      And it was good to see my rickety old 1B seat again.

Comment

Originally posted by milehighj View Post
        4hrs 45mins
        Oooh.. didn't notice that.

Comment

Originally posted by Kyo View Post
          Oh, watch out, the HUGE one might bite...
          Nah. The HUGE one is too nice for that

[/SQFG takes a bow, as in one fell swoop has disarmed the HUGE one]

Comment

$700+ for a economy return and redemption on Y/J savers/standard are not available. It's even cheaper to fly the 380 or 77W. Really disappointed. Guess i'll just save up for JL's 787 inaugural.
            Last edited by Calcjr23; 16 February 2012, 06:39 PM.

Comment

7/12 and counting...

Comment

Was about to book SQ748 in F, but then apparently some selfish gits have booked all the window seats

Members of the Cobal company ??

Comment

With 1B right in front of 2A, does this mean 2F will have the best seat pitch in the house?

Comment

I dunno.

They should've bestowed the final honor on the Grande Dame of the SQ fleet by letting it be designated as SQ 860/863. It is after all HKG where she will perform her final revenue flight. I just don't see the point of redesignating it SQ 747 even though it is a B747, cuz then what's the significance of SQ 748 for the return flight (unless somewhere down the line SQ will be belatedly leasing in 748s just like they did with A333s )?

At its peak, the 747 did represent all the best things about SQ in terms of product innovation (before they jumped the...ahem...whale with all that A380 class beyond first hogwash). For me, it would be a nostalgia flight if anything, but it's not like we'll be making a checker board approach into Kai Tak as well (which would've rendered a window seat on this final flight priceless)

April 6th is also a Full Moon Friday and as full moons denote completion, it is a fitting date for the SQ B747 to bid her legion of faithful fans adieu. By the way, I was just looking at another Asian carrier whose F-class arrangement bears an eerie resemblance to the SQ SkySuites.
                    Le jour de Saint Eugène, en traversant la Calle Mayor...

Comment

Originally posted by UMD View Post
                      With 1B right in front of 2A, does this mean 2F will have the best seat pitch in the house?
                      3D's gone now. Probably gone to someone from the Lion city....

Comment

3D's gone now. Probably gone to someone from the Lion city....
                        Why exactly, as a single traveller, would he/she choose 3D over 2D? Does he/she not like the people in 2A and 2F??

Comment

Originally posted by B727 View Post
                          ... cuz then what's the significance of SQ 748 for the return flight (unless somewhere down the line SQ will be belatedly leasing in 748s just like they did with A333s )?
                          A HK Cantonese can tell you why it's SQ748!

Comment

Originally posted by CarbonMan View Post
                            Well, in that case I should just book it one-way HKG-SIN on SQ 7-4-8!

Le jour de Saint Eugène, en traversant la Calle Mayor...

Comment

Originally posted by milehighj View Post
                              Why exactly, as a single traveller, would he/she choose 3D over 2D? Does he/she not like the people in 2A and 2F??
                              Maybe he or she just prefers the people in 4A/K

Originally posted by CarbonMan View Post
                              Originally posted by B727 View Post
                              Well, in that case I should just book it one-way HKG-SIN on SQ 7-4-8!

Better yet. I should just pay HKD7-4-8 for a seat on this flight

Comment

Maybe he or she just prefers the people in 4A/K
                                Why are the passengers in 4A / K so much more special than the passengers in 2A / K?

Comment

Working...
                                X