No announcement yet.

Coronavirus : Flight cancellations and contingencies

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• SQ have cut/suspend/cancel more flights for March/April/May today.
    Total capacity reduce by 7.1%.

https://www.singaporeair.com/saar5/p...ossNetwork.pdf

Comment

• Originally posted by sbs2716g View Post
      SQ have cut/suspend/cancel more flights for March/April/May today.

Interesting that SIN-SFO/SFO-SIN survived cuts in April and May, whereas LAX and SEA saw cuts in at least one of those 2 months. Perhaps they are still watching SFO closely.

Comment

• Originally posted by 9V-SML View Post
        Interesting that SIN-SFO/SFO-SIN survived cuts in April and May, whereas LAX and SEA saw cuts in at least one of those 2 months. Perhaps they are still watching SFO closely.
        SFO being a UA hub helped.

Comment

• Taiwan CDC have raised the travel notice level for Singapore
          Although the 14 day self health management is not quarantine, but guess they are effectively banning tourists from Singapore.

https://www.cdc.gov.tw/En/Bulletin/D...eBQ?typeid=158

Comment

Taiwan CDC have raised the travel notice level for Singapore
            Although the 14 day self health management is not quarantine, but guess they are effectively banning tourists from Singapore.

Strange though. Of all places Singapore?

Thought Korea and Italy should be on the list

Comment

• Originally posted by Avenger777 View Post
              No more hot towel service, only wet napkins will be distributed,
              On yesterdays SQ176 hot towels were distributed as normal.

Comment

• Originally posted by reddevil0728 View Post

Thought Korea and Italy should be on the list
                Korea is level 3 for Taiwan. 14 days quarantine.
                No idea for Italy.
                Guess SQ will further cut down the flight to Taipei.

Comment

Taiwan CDC have raised the travel notice level for Singapore

It has been raised to Level 2 since 11 Feb. The self-health management is probably newly added though.

Comment

SQ have cut/suspend/cancel more flights for March/April/May today.

The 7% must be averaged over the whole period of time. There's not a lot cut in April, but in May, they must be cutting easily by 20% on certain days.

Comment

• I think the cancellations are going to get worse before they get better. Bookings on some routes are shocking.

Originally posted by reddevil0728 View Post
                      Not sure why you find it strange. Singapore was one of the first places to report it outside China* and at the time of that notice had one of the highest numbers of cases outside China. Plus it has a lot of business and leisure travellers in the country and through the airport.

*I know, we can all make our own minds up about how honest certain other countries in the region are being about home many cases they have...

Comment

• Originally posted by MAN Flyer View Post
                        I think the cancellations are going to get worse before they get better. Bookings on some routes are shocking.

Not sure why you find it strange. Singapore was one of the first places to report it outside China* and at the time of that notice had one of the highest numbers of cases outside China. Plus it has a lot of business and leisure travellers in the country and through the airport.

*I know, we can all make our own minds up about how honest certain other countries in the region are being about home many cases they have...
                        strange cause I thought Korea instead of SG should be on the list but sbs2716g clarified

Comment

• With cases in Europe now increasing, guess All airlines will face reduced demands. And expect SQ to announce more cancellation.

Comment

• In relation to COVID 19, my friend took Scoot from SIN-CJU via TPE last weekend. On his way home two days ago, his flight was cancelled because he was informed "Taiwan has banned some if not all flight from South Korea". My guess is it is cancelled due to poor load factor, but who knows.

He was put on AirAsia X flight out of Jeju Island and travelled back to SIN via MH. What an adventure! Landed at KLIA2, flown to SIN via KLIA. But Jeju Island is unharmed at the moment.

Comment

• Although SQ have cut/cancelled many flights especially to Asia, the airfares for March to even May have shot up by at least 2-3 times or a little more. Before this a EY lowest fare to HKG return costs $260 but now the lowest is $860 and I was just checking flights to Haneda for early May and its $1,260 from the usual $600-700.

Comment

• I’m monitoring the flights on my schedule such as SIN-SFO/LAX to assess the likelihood of cancellations. Noticed on expert flyer that on the A350ULR all the PEY aisle seats as well as from rows 40 and beyond have been blocked. This is for April and May and not included in the current cancellations as of now. The load factor for PEY is less than 50%. Not sure if it’s lower than usual but I’m expecting the high number of blocked seats are partially to accommodate pax on the other cancelled flights.

Comment

Working...
                                X