Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

First time in business class how does meal service work?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• First time in business class how does meal service work?

[Also Posted in menu libary in case this is the wrong place]

Hi there

This will be my wife and I fist time in buiness class we will be flying SQ317 then SQ221 on the way back it will be SQ234 and SQ322 so we will be on 3 A380 and one 77W (first time on both typre of plane) as we have only been on things like thomson and easy jet we dont know what we can and cant do as regards meal and drinks.

So can we use BTC but then deside to have a meal on the normal menu?

When do they serve dinner can we decide what time or is it set?

CAn we have as many drinks as we like.

If so does this include Champain and beer ect

Do we have to wait for them to bring drinks or can we ask for drinks when we want?

What about nibbles if we are hungry between meals?

Sorry about the lost of question but as you can see we are new to this.

Thanks Skooby

Originally posted by skooby View Post
    [Also Posted in menu libary in case this is the wrong place]

Hi there

This will be my wife and I fist time in buiness class we will be flying SQ317 then SQ221 on the way back it will be SQ234 and SQ322 so we will be on 3 A380 and one 77W (first time on both typre of plane) as we have only been on things like thomson and easy jet we dont know what we can and cant do as regards meal and drinks.

So can we use BTC but then deside to have a meal on the normal menu?

When do they serve dinner can we decide what time or is it set?

CAn we have as many drinks as we like.

If so does this include Champain and beer ect

Do we have to wait for them to bring drinks or can we ask for drinks when we want?

What about nibbles if we are hungry between meals?

Sorry about the lost of question but as you can see we are new to this.

Thanks Skooby
    Hi Skooby,

1. I have used Book the Cook and switched to one from the menu without any issue on one of the trips.

2. I usually tried to stick to their timing in order to make life easier on a long flight for the cabin crew who have to deal with the long hours and jet lag. However, I have ever asked for a different meal time and they acceded to my request.

3. I have never been stopped on the number of drinks but again I have not being drunk on a plane before.

4. Usually, they served a welcome drink when you get onboard and they take a drink order to be served after take-off. Yes, you can request for a drink anytime.

5. They have stuff like biscuits, fruits, noodles, some bakery stuff, chips etc..for the between meal snacks.

Glad you are going into the SQ experience. SQ do generally give you a good experience onboard particularly on a long flight like yours. I have not checked on your onward connection but you might want to consider having a shower between the two flights at the lounge.

Comment

LionCity thanks for the reply

I am in fact taking a 2 day stopover in SIN before going to SYD ro take in the sights so no need for a shower thans for the suggestion though

Skooby

Comment

BTW, just to congrats Skooby on your first J Flights. Enjoy it well. I'm still waiting for mine Cheers!
        Life's A Bitch,
        Love It

If GOD created me for only 1 reason. That reason would be to the love of my wife. If there was any other reasons involved, that would be for the love of Singapore Airlines

Flown with me? - http://my.flightmemory.com/inix

Comment

inix thanks

I'm very excited about it, though its not till the end of summer, my wife thinks im very sad as i keep looking a picture of the A380 online.

We saved up for a life time trip to OZZ but i think we will be spoiled when we have to go back to holidays will easy jet ect. lol

Skooby

Comment

That's awesome! Hope you have a wonderful trip.

Remember you can use the Book the Cook option to select your meal and I guess you can use the Business Class lounge at the airport

Comment

Working...
            X