Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by TerryK View Post
    That's more than one year away.

That makes sense now. IMHO, one way simply won't work. Is there a rumored start date? SQ probably won't have spare 77Ws for this route until more 773s gets retrofitted to 73As. Assuming one FRA flight gets upgauged to A388; the current 77Ws for SQ325/326 can be used for this route; SQ still needs 3 additional 77Ws.
    From memory, it will be Northern summer 2011.

Comment

Originally posted by solitaire View Post
      That's March 2011, pretty soon. Hope it is more than just rumor.
      Last edited by TerryK; 24 October 2010, 12:05 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by B727 View Post
        I think SQ should consider using TPE as a stopover for flights to the Americas again. With direct flights between mainland China and TPE, it would make for a good alternative to HKG for mainland Chinese passengers who might want to fly SQ to the Americas.
        Those passengers have ICN & NRT as alternatives to HKG.
        My Past, Present, Future Flights (Flights from March 2007 to Present to Future)

Comment

An update on the original rumour:

SIN-AKL-SIN (SQ 286/285) will go to A380 in Northern winter 2011.
          A newbie question - how far in advance would SQ announce an equipment change? I fly 286/285 every 6 weeks or so.

Comment

SIN-FRA-JFK-TPE-SIN
            sounds soooo un-real!

Comment

Originally posted by vincent0720 View Post
              SIN-FRA-JFK-TPE-SIN
              sounds soooo un-real!
              I am skeptical too, yet it was from a pretty reliable source.

March 2011 is not far away. SQ would need to announce it very soon if they plan start a new route in March.

Comment

Originally posted by Wan1dap View Post
                A newbie question - how far in advance would SQ announce an equipment change? I fly 286/285 every 6 weeks or so.
                It really depends. It may be weeks or days prior to the flight or even a last minute change.

Comment

Originally posted by SilverChris View Post
                  It really depends. It may be weeks or days prior to the flight or even a last minute change.
                  Mine was last minute change....A380 to B744...nicey..nicey.

Comment

Originally posted by Wan1dap View Post
                    For mine.

I was given a letter by SQ in the holding area.

After the service crew scan your ticket and give you back your piece of boarding pass , they will give you a letter. On random of course.
                    Thank You For Flying With Singapore Airlines , A Member Of Star Alliance.

Comment

Originally posted by PI66341 View Post
                      For mine.

I was given a letter by SQ in the holding area.

After the service crew scan your ticket and give you back your piece of boarding pass , they will give you a letter. On random of course.
                      Mine at check in....the check in staff felt so sorry for those travelling these few days. Apparently no changes to flight itinerary can be made for SQ238 flight till 17th Dec. Sydney flight as well.

As a gesture of compensation, she allowed me to check in all my luggages including hand carry...way over 20kg limit...Lolx...

Comment

Originally posted by jul247 View Post
                        Mine at check in....the check in staff felt so sorry for those travelling these few days. Apparently no changes to flight itinerary can be made for SQ238 flight till 17th Dec. Sydney flight as well.

As a gesture of compensation, she allowed me to check in all my luggages including hand carry...way over 20kg limit...Lolx...

Kinda suck at this. I might wanna try premium economy on qantas to MEL the next round.
                        Thank You For Flying With Singapore Airlines , A Member Of Star Alliance.

Comment

Singapore Airlines is reportedly considering extending A380 services to Beijing, Frankfurt, Los Angeles (confirmed from 27th March 2011), New York and Shanghai.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Singapore_Airlines_fleet

Comment

Are you having a laugh ?.

Comment

Is this SIN-FRA-JFK-TPE-SIN-TPE-JFK-FRA-SIN rumour still alive?

How would SQ get enough 77W's to operate this by Summer? Even if they refit 773's and deploy them on current 77W routes then which aircraft will replace the 773's on their previous routes. Or will the SQ11/12 747's be put on Australian routes in order to free up 77W's?
                              Last edited by pogonation; 4 January 2011, 05:26 AM.
                              Summer holiday plans: Asia 09

Comment

Originally posted by vincent0720 View Post
                                SIN-FRA-JFK-TPE-SIN
                                sounds soooo un-real!
                                Well it would be SIN-FRA-JFK and SIN-TPE-JFK ... the round-the-world routing would come about to maximize aircraft utilization and get decent departure / arrival times.

IMHO, if SQ had gotten A380 rights for SYD-LAX, the actual routing flown would have been SIN-SYD-LAX-NRT-SIN ... not sure if the current planned A380 LAX-NRT-SIN operates at ideal times, especially the NRT-SIN portion. Coming in from SYD would allow an earlier departure from LAX to NRT.

Comment

Working...
                                X