X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• KF Saver Awards to UK

Hi all,

I'm new to this forum.

I wish to use my KF miles to travel to Northern England by business class. Ideally, SIN-LHR via SQ would be most efficient but none of the SQ flights that fly to UK (LHR/MAN) allow the use of saver awards. Couldn't justify using twice the amount of KF miles, I was wondering if flying SIN-FRA(SQ), FRA-MAN(LH) would be the best way.

Would it cost me 60k KF miles (-15%) for the a/m itinerary as a generic SG-UK flight on all *A flights, or would I have to book SIN-FRA for 55k KF miles (-15%), then book the FRA-MAN leg separately, redeemed or otherwise?

Thanks!

Welcome!

You would need to go via Frankfurt on SQ in order to get the 15% online discount. THen book a seperate FRA-MAN. This is exactly what i am doing in the summer when i go back home. Unfortunately, there are no saver awards to the UK in Biz or First.

There is a seperate *A awards chart on sq.com somewhere.

You might find it easier to do a *A redemption on LH (SIN-FRA-MAN under the same PNR) as saver awards in J or F on SQ25/26 are quite hard to come by (although they do exist).

Good luck!

Comment

savers available via Amsterdam aswell . Then ther is always easyjet from AMS to Liverpool for a cheap hop
      Cheers Danger UXB

Comment

What are the B777-200 Business class seats like? I see from another post they are due for a refit to the same standard as the A380/777 soon so I guess they are older hence why the saver upgrades are still available.

Thanks

Comment

SQ flies B744 and B77W to FRA according to their website, but I read that they will be replacing the B744 flight with a non-saver redeemable flight soon (A380/B77W) like they have done with ZRH and MAN.

This leaves AMS, FCO and CPH if KF members want to redeem SQ flights in J to Europe at saver rates.

Comment

Originally posted by 225 View Post
            What are the B777-200 Business class seats like? I see from another post they are due for a refit to the same standard as the A380/777 soon so I guess they are older hence why the saver upgrades are still available.

Thanks
            space beds (lie flat on a tilt)
            DangerUXB

Comment

Is anyone aware when SIA is likely to upgrade the B744 FRA flight with a non-saver redeemable flight(A380/B77W)?

Seems that after FRA only Copenhagen, Amsterdam and Rome will be left for business saver rate flights to European cities.

Comment

Originally posted by Gunners View Post
                ISeems that after FRA only Copenhagen, Amsterdam and Rome will be left for business saver rate flights to European cities.
                Athens and Istanbul are also available as saver.

Comment

Originally posted by 225 View Post

Thanks
                  The ones doing Europe are the 772ER, which have spacebeds. They are not being refurbished.

The ones being refurbished are the non ER 772.

Comment

Can other *A FF members (e.g. M&M) redeem A380/B77W flights at the typical rates set by *A?

Comment

Originally posted by eriond View Post
                      Can other *A FF members (e.g. M&M) redeem A380/B77W flights at the typical rates set by *A?
                      Yes, Lufthansa Miles&More members can - at incredible rates:

A380 SIN-NRT-SIN is 60.000 miles. Flying SQ J earns 200% on M&M, flying on LH as an elite earns 225%.

A380 SIN-LHR-SIN is 120.000 miles.

However, the awards are very very rare - almost impossible to get...

Comment

Originally posted by eriond View Post
                        SQ flies B744 and B77W to FRA according to their website, but I read that they will be replacing the B744 flight with a non-saver redeemable flight soon (A380/B77W) like they have done with ZRH and MAN.
                        Hi eriond

How certain are you about that??

What happens if you have booked a confirmed upgrade for B747 from Y to J and they change to a different plane???

Cheers

SQ1

Comment

That statement is only true in the sense that SQ 25/26 will eventually be swapped to another aircraft as SQ retire the 744 fleet. When that will happen is really unknown to most people at the moment. Anyway, there are about ten million threads on SQTalk devoted to that question - keep tabs on them if you're interested.

If you have a ticketed upgrade from Y-J, and the flight upgauges, SQ will honour your booking and accomodate you on the upgauged flight.

Comment

Originally posted by kelvgoh View Post
                            That statement is only true in the sense that SQ 25/26 will eventually be swapped to another aircraft as SQ retire the 744 fleet. When that will happen is really unknown to most people at the moment. Anyway, there are about ten million threads on SQTalk devoted to that question - keep tabs on them if you're interested.

If you have a ticketed upgrade from Y-J, and the flight upgauges, SQ will honour your booking and accomodate you on the upgauged flight.
                            Cheers kelvgoh!!

SQ1

Comment

Just attempted to book SQ25/26 in J using saver awards and noticed that most of the dates that I want in Dec '10, Jan '11 and Feb '11 are either unavailable or waitlisted. Does this mean that I will get a seat only if someone cancels their booking or will SQ release more seats for redemption as the dates come closer?

Comment

Working...
                              X