Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Got my new PPS Card today!

Today I received my new PPS card. Some observations:

• The package was mailed from Zurich this time. Hmmm SQ must know that I love Zurich.
    • The card itself is the same as last year, except the lettering for KRIS FLYER SINGAPORE AIRLINES PPS CLUB SOLITAIRE LIFE MEMBER instead of gold color, it's a white one.
      The card expiry is not a year, but until 2011. In addition, years qualified is printed. And mine is 09, which is incorrect for this year. 9 years as QPP would be for 2011. make me wonder whether next year I will receive a new card. Will I get another SGD380 voucher for next year?
    • Luggage tag is the same, but the leather cover is not that yucky brown plastic leathery thingy. It's black smooth faux-leather. (?)
    • Membership Guide enclosed in the package is August 2008 edition.

With this new card expiry date for 2011, no wonder, I was told to return my supplement card since I made change after SQ renewed my membership.

Originally posted by SQ LPP View Post
    Today I received my new PPS card. Some observations:

• The package was mailed from Zurich this time. Hmmm SQ must know that I love Zurich.
    • The card itself is the same as last year, except the lettering for KRIS FLYER SINGAPORE AIRLINES PPS CLUB SOLITAIRE LIFE MEMBER instead of gold color, it's a white one.
      The card expiry is not a year, but until 2011. In addition, years qualified is printed. And mine is 09, which is incorrect for this year. 9 years as QPP would be for 2011. make me wonder whether next year I will receive a new card. Will I get another SGD380 voucher for next year?
    • Luggage tag is the same, but the leather cover is not that yucky brown plastic leathery thingy. It's black smooth faux-leather. (?)
    • Membership Guide enclosed in the package is August 2008 edition.

With this new card expiry date for 2011, no wonder, I was told to return my supplement card since I made change after SQ renewed my membership.
    Perhaps SQ is now making it a two year PPS extension instead of one year for all. Might have to do with the sudden drop in pax number of high culling rate of PPS. Is today the 1st of April?

Comment

.....With this new card expiry date for 2011....
      Maybe just for LPP members? There is no point in sending you a new card every year since you don't need to requalify. Perhaps you will receive a package without a new card next year.

You have my envy! There is no way for anyone to join the club now.

Comment

Originally posted by TerryK View Post
        Maybe just for LPP members? There is no point in sending you a new card every year since you don't need to requalify. Perhaps you will receive a package without a new card next year.

You are right TerryK! Another cost cutting measure by SQ. Save on postage, packing cost and printing cost.

Comment

SQ has sent me a card with the wrong validity information on more than one instance in the past.
          It would not be surprising if they sent you one with wrong validity info, not that it matters to you since you are a beloved Life member anyway.
          Last edited by StarG; 25 October 2008, 06:54 PM.

Comment

... There is no point in sending you a new card every year since you don't need to requalify. ...
            I thought SQ still keeps track PPSV of LPP. Being an old man, getting the card every year is a reminder how thankful that an old man is still alive and still survive another year!

I thought there is still other FFP that offers life status? QF? UA million miler gets UA 1P (aka *G) for life!

Originally posted by StarG View Post
            SQ has sent me a card with the wrong validity information on more than one instance in the past.
            It would not be surprising if they sent you one with wrong validity info, not that it matters to you since you are a beloved Life member anyway.
            It does matter to me! 9 years being QPP doesn't have a good vibe. LPP 07 gives more indication that this flyer is a crazy and insane person.

Comment

.....I thought there is still other FFP that offers life status? QF? UA million miler gets UA 1P (aka *G) for life! ...
              You are correct about QF and UA.

However, none can compare against the value and prestige of SQ LPP. Heck, you cannot even access lounge when flying within USA with UA *G.

Perhaps the economic turmoil will give an impetus to SQ to reopen LPP based on PPS Values. Yeah, wishful thinking, I know.

Comment

Perhaps the economic turmoil will give an impetus to SQ to reopen LPP based on PPS Values. Yeah, wishful thinking, I know.
                Not really wishful thinking IMHO.
                Just don't be surprised if the entry point is set at something like SGD 10,000,000.

Comment

Today I received my new PPS card.
                  Ooh, I wanna see. Any chance you might be in Europe some time soon?
                  ‘Lean into the sharp points’

Comment

Originally posted by jjpb3 View Post
                    Ooh, I wanna see. Any chance you might be in Europe some time soon?
                    I am still grounded.
                    And, I have to return the supplement card for administrative request by SQ in exchange for the new supplement. May be will send another new card for myself as well as the new supp?

Comment

The package was mailed from Zurich this time
                      So is KF statement sent from Zurich. Maybe you get a rolex through the post the next time

Comment

Originally posted by SQFM View Post
                        So is KF statement sent from Zurich.
                        Are you up to date with all Singapore Airlines stuff?
                        I thought no more statement sent via snail mail?

Maybe you get a rolex through the post the next time
                        Can't afford Rolex. And no desire to have one.

Comment

Are you up to date with all Singapore Airlines stuff?
                          I thought no more statement sent via snail mail?
                          Actually I meant correspondence from KF. Anyway, congratulation

Comment

Actually I meant correspondence from KF. Anyway, congratulation
                            As another example, the Priority magazines I received were mailed from Vancouver. In this case I guess SQ HQ couriers them on the SQ 18, and delivers them to the SQ office in Vancouver. Then, SQ YVR mails it to the PPS flyers based in Western Canada.
                            Similar procedure I think for the management diary gifted to PPS members.

Comment

I really wonder the value of PPS (besides the duty free inflight shopping discounts and fancy luggage tags)... Is it really that worthwhile?

Comment

Working...
                              X