Grand Hyatt Shanghai

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Grand Hyatt Shanghai

Just posted a TR which includes a segment on the Grand Hyatt Shanghai.

You can read about it here.

A couple of pics from the TR:

looks lovely! my kind of accommodation. haha.

The last time i was in Shanghai, i stayed at the MO, which is gorgeous too! but a little far out from the action.

Comment

I quite like the GH in Shanghai. It's clearly not as good as the PH across the street but I don't think the PH is that much better that the price usually suggests.

Comment

The convenience of the hotel situated next to a good shopping area is a huge plus.

Comment

Originally posted by CarbonMan View Post
          The convenience of the hotel situated next to a good shopping area is a huge plus.
          It's a great hotel in the Pudong area, especially after its recent refurbishment. I stay there whenever I have meetings in Pudong. But for entertainment and even shopping, Puxi has a lot more to offer. Crossing from one side of the river to another during rush hour is a hassle. There are lots of hotels to choose from on the Puxi side....in terms of neighborhood, the French Concession area for me is the most worth exploring.

That said, the Shanghai Metro is actually quite good these days, after the opening of multiple new lines (if you travel outside peak times). So now the criteria for a good hotel have to include proximity to a Metro Station, especially one on Line 2. GH is close to the Lujiazui station, but there is a short stretch of the walk that's unsheltered. Can be totally vexing - especially during a downpour, when taxis are impossible to find, as happened to me last Thursday!
          Last edited by 259850; 27 July 2015, 10:11 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by 259850 View Post
            That said, the Shanghai Metro is actually quite good these days, after the opening of multiple new lines (if you travel outside peak times).
            Yes, the Lujiazui metro station is a short walk (Yes, exposed to the elements) from the Grand Hyatt, and we used it a lot during our stay. We found the Shanghai Metro very convenient, and fairly easy to navigate. Better during off-peak hours, of course...

Comment

Working...
            X