Economy Class Breakfast

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Economy Class Breakfast

Am I the only who is sick of the typical Omelette with sausage/tomato that is usually the default Western option for breakfast?

More often than not, their oriental selection is some braised noodles.

I wish they would feature some local breakfast fare like chee cheong fun with charsiew or glutinous rice or even fried bee hoon. Is dim sum ever featured in YCL?

Originally posted by bent View Post
    Am I the only who is sick of the typical Omelette with sausage/tomato that is usually the default Western option for breakfast?

More often than not, their oriental selection is some braised noodles.

I wish they would feature some local breakfast fare like chee cheong fun with charsiew or glutinous rice or even fried bee hoon. Is dim sum ever featured in YCL?
    I think glutinous rice is available from SFO->HKG sometime.

Comment

CX had some congee for breakfast, but I'm not sure if SQ does... (and it was surprisingly good)

Comment

Nobody cooks better congee than the Hong Kongers!

Comment

Originally posted by CarbonMan View Post
          Nobody cooks better congee than the Hong Kongers!
          nobody cooks congee better then my late grandmother, not even the hongkongers!
          This is a computer generated message, no signature required....

Comment

Originally posted by kapitan View Post
            Soon we'll have SQflyergirl claiming better congee cooking prowess

Comment

i think SQ does congee on certain North Asian flights. Wish they could extend it to more destinations.

and maybe pancakes for the Western choice - less the fancy berry compote and cream that the premium pax enjoy. Good old pancakes with maple syrup will satisfy me.

Comment

Originally posted by bent View Post
                I have family members who fly SIN-LHR a few times a year and they're tired of the lack of variety for breakfast in SQ Y - always the standard omelette with sausage/tomato.

Comment

Originally posted by kapitan View Post
                  Ooops did I press a raw nerve somewhere.

Comment

Originally posted by Jumbojet Lover View Post
                    I have family members who fly SIN-LHR a few times a year and they're tired of the lack of variety for breakfast in SQ Y - always the standard omelette with sausage/tomato.
                    actually i think most other airlines serve this as well right? what other examples of breakfast besides noodles, congee and omelettes?

Comment

Tell me about it! I had quite a number of morning flights with SQ this year. I'm not fond of Asian food so that leaves me with the always-the-same omelette-sausage-tomato "Western" option. So now I usually have breakfast at the airport and not eat anything onboard.

Come on SQ, will it really hurt you to change the menu once in awhile!

Comment

For the western option it's rare to find something other than omelettes, sausages and hash browns, and i'm not just talking about SQ. It's pretty a standard option even in premium classes.
                        Last edited by SilverChris; 25 October 2013, 02:58 PM.

Comment

Pancakes option next time?

Comment

western dish ,
                            I want to have sunny side up or egg Benedict's with bacons and beans.. yeah i wish..

oriental wise,
                            Dumpling such as Gyoza will be great

Comment

Well, the last time I took SQ Y SIN-HKG, my SO had the omelette less sausage and tomatoes while I had the noodles option. Cabin crew was apologetic about the missing sausage and tomatoes. They took the original omelette set away and returned with what looked like J class breakfast.

I should have gone for the western option too!

Comment

Working...
                              X