The end of F Saver Awards?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• The end of F Saver Awards?

I'm just wondering seeing that the 777-300s are being re-fitted with the new First and once the 744s completely leave the fleet there really won't be anything on offer for First Saver awards?

Hopefully SQ will do something about this and maybe allow the re-fitted 773s with F as savers??

And does anyone think the Suites will ever have more realistic redemption levels?

Thanks guys!

It is a matter of time before the old F products are gone, but by then SQ may open up Savers for the new F.

Comment

Originally posted by SilverChris View Post
      It is a matter of time before the old F products are gone, but by then SQ may open up Savers for the new F.
      Or simply allow F and J savers to vanish into thin air.

Sigh... KF points are devaluating fast.

Comment

Eventually the only tangible benefits from FFP will be lounge access and priority handling.

Comment

also I guess people trying to redeem SQ F and J from other Star freq flyer programs won't be able to...

It's amazing how SQ really does what they want with its Star membership - one set of rules for all Star members and one for SQ...

Comment

FFP is more then lounge access and priority handling.....

I remember I was travelling to Italy from Bremen, via Munich,... during a winter when the weather was unpredictable.... plane was delayed such that when I arrived at Munich, my flight to Pisa had taken off.... there were other flights delayed as well and the queue at the service counter was a mile long..... I walked into the lounge, there was a service counter for *G holders, spoke with the lady, a few clicks on the computer and I was re-routed..... no queues... pity those in the line .... those without a FFP....
            This is a computer generated message, no signature required....

Comment

Originally posted by kapitan View Post
              I remember I was travelling to Italy from Bremen, via Munich,... during a winter when the weather was unpredictable.... plane was delayed such that when I arrived at Munich, my flight to Pisa had taken off.... there were other flights delayed as well and the queue at the service counter was a mile long..... I walked into the lounge, there was a service counter for *G holders, spoke with the lady, a few clicks on the computer and I was re-routed..... no queues... pity those in the line .... those without a FFP....
              +1

That's the spirit, Captain...

Comment

I agree that F awards at Saver levels maybe a thing of the past soon. Plus I'm not too hopeful that SQ will open up the new product anytime soon for anything but Standard or Full Award levels.

Comment

Does anyone know what the difference between a First saver not offered and a First saver on waitlist means? I'm getting F saver not offered on SQ 26 FRA-JFK on March 12th, which is surprising because it's a 747. If there are no F savers, wouldn't it be on waitlist rather than not offered?

Comment

I have got SIN - FRA - SIN as 1st saver on the 20th December / 2nd January. I assume they have got enough bookings on the days you want to travel. I always book the flights at Christmas as soon as they open and havent had a problem getting them for 5 or 6 years in a row.

Comment

Working...
                    X