Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Any SQtalkers schooling in UQ?

Hi all,

Just curious if any SQtalker/s used to or still studying in UQ? hmm or going to start school in this coming Feb?

My Niece is starting there this year. UQ is highly regarded, has fantasic research programs and located in magnificant grounds.

Comment

Originally posted by Gunners View Post
      My Niece is starting there this year. UQ is highly regarded, has fantasic research programs and located in magnificant grounds.
      Oic. I am starting school this yr as well. in Feb

Comment

I am sure you will have a good time there and also get a good education. I went to QUT but have lots of friends who went to UQ. Get involved in some of the student activities as they are loads of fun.

Comment

I did my postgrad at UQ Business

It didn't just get me my degree, it also got me my SO...

Comment

Originally posted by Kyo View Post
            I did my postgrad at UQ Business

It didn't just get me my degree, it also got me my SO...
            +1 ...althought it was ages ago .....myself and Mrs CHG89 were doing bachelor course...

Best time of my life... skiiing in Thredbo in winter and gold coast beaches for summer... lovely...
            Aim High

Comment

I still remember the good times at University. It certainly set me up for life.

I am now part of the university mentoring program where as an alumni I am matched with a third year bachelor student to help them with their transition from Uni to the "real world."

The mentoring process usually takes around 40 hours per year (10-15 meetings) and given for free. The purpose of the one to one meetings is to provide the final year student with advice on career, job seeking and to answer questions and concerns about the job market.

As a mentor I get a lot of satisfaction and remember when I was bright eyed and bushy tailed. The unveristy certaintly graduates some bright kids and a lot of them seem to want to change to World. I guess process keeps me young at heart.

Comment

Working...
              X