Window seats - do you prefer A or K?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Window seats - do you prefer A or K?

Just wondered which side of the aircraft you like. I figure I always enjoyed places on the right ... so obviously K. Dunno what's best to pick though if I wanted to take some good airport pictures out of a plane or so. Which side do you prefer?
    Home is where your heart is.

I normally go for aisle seats, especially on long-haul flights. Makes for easier getting to and from the lavatory. I'm also the sort who likes to hang around the galleys for a chat.

That said, I don't mind the odd window seat, like on my trip tomorrow. I'm booked on an A seat, because I'm expecting the aircraft to depart on Runway 02C -- I want to take a video of the scenery outside, ie. Changi Coast Road and the emergency gate where yours truly got caught twice by police.

Another consideration for me is the position of the sun during my flight. If I were flying up north, say to Bangkok or Taipei, in the morning, the sun is to the east, so I would choose a seat on the left. The reverse is true for other times and destinations.
    My Cafe Adventures
    Be Among The First To Savour Aromatic Vietnamese Coffee
    http://www.mycafeadventures.com/

Comment

Ah right that seems logical. I was just wondering because I am looking forward to my first flight alone without any parents or friends and I just love looking out of the window. Additionally I somehow can't pee aboard ... I'm still a bit afraid of the sound the toilet flush makes.

I like taking pictures of aircrafts, so I just wondered where I should sit when flying with KLM from AMS (6.20 pm departure) to YYZ (8.25 pm arrival) and on the return flight (10.20 pm departure from YYZ to 11.30 am arrival at AMS). I have no clue whatsoever which runways face which direction etc :/ Anybody couls share any experiences?

Comment

My choice depends on where the sun is. On flights back from Australia to Asia that leave in the afternoon - I prefer K seats for example

Comment

Right side for me. Its the right choice

Comment

Any chance I'll be able to sit in front? Nah, that'll only happen after touchdown.
            My Cafe Adventures
            Be Among The First To Savour Aromatic Vietnamese Coffee
            http://www.mycafeadventures.com/

Comment

I always choose A, no matter which direction I am flying or the time.

Comment

Originally posted by SuperJonJon View Post
                I always choose A, no matter which direction I am flying or the time.
                Same here, I choose A for every flight I go on.
                "Singapore Girl, You're A Great Way To Fly"

-Singapore Airlines

Comment

I just got off flights in 1A and 11A and will be getting on a flight in 1A later tonight. Only reason I chose A over K in each of those flights is so that I'd be the first name on the pax manifest each time

Comment

Originally posted by florianwagner View Post
                    Additionally I somehow can't pee aboard ... I'm still a bit afraid of the sound the toilet flush
                    Ah, same here! You found a partner!
                    We put labels on people and fight wars over them. If we truly want harmony, we have to get past the labels.

Comment

Originally posted by florianwagner View Post
                      Additionally I somehow can't pee aboard ...
                      How do you do that on longhaul flights??? You can't just sit there on a 9-houer flight waiting for the plane to land...
                      Capslock is cruise control for cool... not!

See you at W:O:A 2010- rain or shine!

Comment

I even stand 14h flights from FRA/ZRH to SIN without peeing but you can probably figure the first place I visit at the airport ...

Comment

I like F/K (right hand side).

Comment

Originally posted by up and away View Post
                            How do you do that on longhaul flights??? You can't just sit there on a 9-houer flight waiting for the plane to land...
                            OT: Watched 'Airport' documentary: There was once a Alsation which travelled on the normal cabin section on a earthquake rescue mission returning on Air India to Heathrow..12 hrs without peeing. The next scene shows the LHR animal quarantine letting the dog and what a sight....that poor dog was relieved. he he he

Back to topic : I prefer the Aisle on long haul and windows on short haul. Prefer the right hand side over left as for some bizzare reason. Assumed the carpet is less trampled on and thus cleaner.

Comment

I always prefer whichever side that is away from the sun.. I find that usually the sun facing side gets too hot, plus the glare is sometimes too much to look out of the window....

So for example, an afternoon flight HKG-SIN, I would prefer the A side, since the sun is to the west... but SIN-HKG afternoon flight, would prefer the K side....

Comment

Working...
                              X