Best airline livery

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Best airline livery

While most people tend to pay attention to the aircraft interiors, I tend to pay more attention to the aircraft's livery. IMHO, I think that these are my favourite liveries:

TOP 5
    Korean Air (Very soothing colours)
    Singapore Airlines (Nice goose)
    Lufthansa (Very clean looking)
    ANA (Very sharp and cool)
    Qantas (Pretty timeless)
    We put labels on people and fight wars over them. If we truly want harmony, we have to get past the labels.

TOP5
    - Thai (the new livery as the tails are so damn sexy...)
    - Cathay Pacific (very clean and modern)
    - Singapore Airline (the thing with good designs is: they are timeless ... and SQ's livery has proven to be)
    - United (I actually really love the new blue-in-blue livery as it looks just very modern and some kind of classy)
    - Oasis Hong Kong (one of the best I've seen ...)

liveries i can't see anymore: MH (boring), KLM (dated), Austrian (the lightblue is not really representing Austria), American Airlines (I hate this metallic look), Emirates (it just has nothing to say)
    Home is where your heart is.

Comment

when Thai came out with its wrap around tail in its purplish color hues, that is the most beautiful airline livery. SQ's kinda dated now.

Comment

Originally posted by florianwagner View Post
        TOP5
        - Thai (the new livery as the tails are so damn sexy...)
        - Cathay Pacific (very clean and modern)
        - Singapore Airline (the thing with good designs is: they are timeless ... and SQ's livery has proven to be)
        - United (I actually really love the new blue-in-blue livery as it looks just very modern and some kind of classy)
        - Oasis Hong Kong (one of the best I've seen ...)

liveries i can't see anymore: MH (boring), KLM (dated), Austrian (the lightblue is not really representing Austria), American Airlines (I hate this metallic look), Emirates (it just has nothing to say)
        I kind of like Oasis Hong Kong's livery too. Oh my god, don't remind me of AA. It looks like a giant A-bomb in the air. Especially on the A300s.
        We put labels on people and fight wars over them. If we truly want harmony, we have to get past the labels.

Comment

I really like THAI new color. It look so goddamn elegant. The purple wraped around the tail and the nice font for "THAI". Smooth as silk as they would say it. I wish SQ could have done it before thai. Dark blue wraped aroung the tail with a hint of gold and orange. Of course keeping the famouse SQ logo. sighsss
          Last edited by singaporeairlinesboi; 3 September 2007, 04:38 PM.

Comment

Slightly OT...........I used to enjoy it when BA used to paint their planes with different types of tails.

Comment

For me, my top 5 is:
              1)Aeroflot,The Russian Airlines(New silvery painting, very sexy and dazzling)
              2)United Airlines(Former grey painting,very very cool, super American feeling)
              3)Eva Airways(Very modern, and because of its green grass colour, make your eyes
              comfortable)
              4)British Airways old livery(Very elegant and high class, typical British style)
              5)Korean Air(Sky Blue colour, very sharp)

Comment

I like SQ's updated livery the best, although the SINGAPORE AIRLINES title is way too big on the A380.

Comment

Freedom Air
                  Virgin Blue
                  Grey United colours
                  the old QANTAS colours, around the time of the introduction of the 747SP

Comment

Originally posted by 9V-JKL View Post
                    Slightly OT...........I used to enjoy it when BA used to paint their planes with different types of tails.
                    I agree with you on this. To me it really summed up a global airline. I was so ashamed to be British when all the small minded people in this country started to complain about them.

Comment

Originally posted by 9V-JKL View Post
                      Some highlights:
                      http://www.airliners.net/open.file/1101104/L/
                      http://www.airliners.net/open.file/0383027/L/
                      http://www.airliners.net/open.file/0472294/L/

Comment

i really do not like the A380 livery of Singapore Airlines. Imo, it would have been nice if SQ had kept (really) the 50th anniversary livery (the golden one)

some other highlights:
                        Boeing 777-212ER
                        Airbus A340-300X
                        Boeing 747-412
                        Last edited by flo; 4 September 2007, 11:56 PM.
                        Home is where your heart is.

Comment

Working...
                        X