No announcement yet.

SIN-LAX via PEK on CA?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

SQ, UA, DL etc. are $3k and above unfortunately! That's way too much when even CX is available for $1.6k! Might just go for the CX option, to be honest, despite the draw of the CA 748 or $400 price saving of the CZ.

Comment

Booked on CX! Will update with a TR for sure!

CX690 (A350-1000)

1255 SIN - 1705 HKG

CX892 (A350-900)

1900 HKG - SFO 1520

CX883 (B777-300ER)

2240 LAX - 0615 HKG

CX691 (A350-1000)

0810 HKG - SIN 1155

All first flights on these types for me!
      Last edited by shikhargpt; 7 November 2018, 05:51 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by shikhargpt View Post
        Booked on CX! Will update with a TR for sure!

CX690 (A350-1000)

1255 SIN - 1705 HKG

CX892 (A350-900)

1900 HKG - SFO 1520

CX883 (B777-300ER)

2240 LAX - 0615 HKG

CX691 (A350-1000)

0810 HKG - SIN 1155

All first flights on this type for me!
        Enjoy the flights! You won't miss transiting in PEK or CAN.
        /Desert Traveller

Comment

Originally posted by yflyer View Post
          Guangzhou airport is huge. No idea what the international transit experience is like though. If you have the mindset that this will be an adventure, then you should be fine
          I know OP has chosen CX, but just wanted to update on the CZ in CAN situation. I've transited frequently international to domestic and vice versa in this airport on CZ. The original terminal was bursting in its seams, but this was fixed when T2 opened in April or May this year. I transited in T2 sometime in August I think. Seamless and much much more relaxed, and given you don't need to clear immigration on an international-international connection, I would think it might be a smoother process.

I personally wouldn't hesitate to fly to the US on any of the mainland carriers. But then again, I'm a "cheapskate" and see S$1,300 as the upper limit for a US ticket. Last November, we managed to get the nonstop UA to LAX and back from from SFO on NH just under this budget. But if we were to fly again, I know our choices are probably limited to the mainland carriers, and PR. But PR is about where I draw the line, I suppose. Give me PVG, PEK or CAN anyday over MNL.

Comment

Originally posted by 259850 View Post
            I know OP has chosen CX, but just wanted to update on the CZ in CAN situation. I've transited frequently international to domestic and vice versa in this airport on CZ. The original terminal was bursting in its seams, but this was fixed when T2 opened in April or May this year. I transited in T2 sometime in August I think. Seamless and much much more relaxed, and given you don't need to clear immigration on an international-international connection, I would think it might be a smoother process.

I personally wouldn't hesitate to fly to the US on any of the mainland carriers. But then again, I'm a "cheapskate" and see S$1,300 as the upper limit for a US ticket. Last November, we managed to get the nonstop UA to LAX and back from from SFO on NH just under this budget. But if we were to fly again, I know our choices are probably limited to the mainland carriers, and PR. But PR is about where I draw the line, I suppose. Give me PVG, PEK or CAN anyday over MNL.
            My upper limit was $1300 too, and the best option it seemed was CZ ($1.2k). The issue was... they operate the 737 MAX 8 from SIN - CAN - SIN. That's not a risk I was willing to take in the wake of the JT610 crash, so I shelled out this one time. Oh well, time to enjoy the superior airframes, Terminal 4, and service upgrade I guess!

Comment

Working...
            X