Grand Hyatt NYC

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Grand Hyatt NYC

The Grand Hyatt NYC is conveniently located next to the Grand Central Station. It is just a few paces to the left on exiting the subway station.

Check-in/check-out was a breeze. Staff on both occasions were helpful and polite. I tried checking in at 1030am on a Saturday morning and there was no issue. I asked if I could use a suite upgrade voucher even though I was on an award stay. Technicially not possible but a friend suggested I should at least try. No suites were available but was upgraded to a bigger room.

I found out later that the upgraded room was at least 2/3s bigger in size compared to a standard room. It was a little bit too dark for my liking. There was only one tiny window by the side and there was hardly any sun during my stay. Lighting in the room was not that fab either.

Tiny bathroom. Been refurbished apparently according to someone who visited the room.

Toiletries. Whitening toothpaste provided. Nice.

Comment

Free wifi for platinums. Nice comfy king sized bed. Even comes with the sausage thing. Happy girl!

Comment

I realised later that night the room had no mini-bar!!! I had to get my coke fix. What to do?!!! Had to trudge to the vending machine in my BA PJs and fluffy bunny slippers in the middle of the night.

Next, what to do with my four bottles of Peter Luger's special sauce which have been labelled 'Refrigerate before and after opening'. Think outside the 'bucket'. A trip to the ice machine to fill the bucket with ice.

Last edited by phaleesy; 13 December 2009, 02:04 AM.

Comment

The Grand Hyatt is not really grand, despite the "Grand" name, eye-catching logo at the entrance/exit, bright lights, high ceilings and golden pillars. It is a big hotel and there are too many people milling about in the lobby! It is definitely not exclusive and intimate. Big bad wolves hang out at the lobby, preying on unsuspecting innocent little Red Riding Hoods!

Big Bad Wolf: (following Red Riding Hood to the lift area) Would you like to come up with me?

Red Riding Hood: No.
          (contemplating smacking him in the face with the 5D and monopod)

Big Bad Wolf: Nice camera.

Red Riding Hood: Yes.
          (runs into the lift)

Still, it's a pretty nice and convenient hotel. But I prefer the Crowne Plaza, Hilton, W and Holiday Inn in the Times Sq area.
          Last edited by phaleesy; 13 December 2009, 02:05 AM.

Comment

Ahhh...the Not-So-Grand Hyatt... Been over 10 years since I set foot in the place. Nice to see the pseudo reno they did (sans the HVAC).

You did, however, score quite a nice room. I remember the closets they used to call suites.
            HUGE AL

Comment

Working...
            X