Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Connecting with ET in KUL

Hi,

I am trying to do CGK-KUL on KL810 ETA 2155 then connect to KUL - SIN on ET639 ETD 23:15.

I have checked with KLM and they told me they cannot do interline as it is on separate ticket.

Does this mean I have to clear immigration, collect my luggage and go to departure hall to do ET check in?

Does ET has transferred desk at KLIA?

Am I on Mission Impossible?
    visit my blog

Originally posted by lingua101 View Post
    Hi,

I am trying to do CGK-KUL on KL810 ETA 2155 then connect to KUL - SIN on ET639 ETD 23:15.

I have checked with KLM and they told me they cannot do interline as it is on separate ticket.

Does this mean I have to clear immigration, collect my luggage and go to departure hall to do ET check in?

Does ET has transferred desk at KLIA?

Am I on Mission Impossible?
    You can try asking the staff at the check-in counter at CGK airport to see if they could assist you.

If they can't, it means you have to clear immigration, collect luggage, take a lift to departures to check in for your ET flight.

It seems like a Mission Impossible situation. If your KL flight arrives late, and you arrive into the C Gates, you have to catch a train to immigration. If the immigration queues are long, good luck, unless you have a Malaysian passport and you can use the auto-gates. It took me about 25-30 minutes to clear immigration and re-check in for a flight.

Not sure if the transfer desk can do anything for you. Can't remember if they have, probably they do.

Good luck.

Comment

Originally posted by zilchster View Post
      You can try asking the staff at the check-in counter at CGK airport to see if they could assist you.

If they can't, it means you have to clear immigration, collect luggage, take a lift to departures to check in for your ET flight.

It seems like a Mission Impossible situation. If your KL flight arrives late, and you arrive into the C Gates, you have to catch a train to immigration. If the immigration queues are long, good luck, unless you have a Malaysian passport and you can use the auto-gates. It took me about 25-30 minutes to clear immigration and re-check in for a flight.

Not sure if the transfer desk can do anything for you. Can't remember if they have, probably they do.

Good luck.
      If ET has a transfer desk will this help? Will they take my luggage and recheck in?
      visit my blog

Comment

transfer desk can only help you if you don't have checked luggage

Comment

Originally posted by lingua101 View Post
          If ET has a transfer desk will this help? Will they take my luggage and recheck in?
          They can't do that for you. At best you are only informing them about your situation and they become aware of it. Not sure if they will hold the flight for you.

Your best bet is to check with the ground agents at CGK if they can check you in all the way to Singapore. Otherwise I suggest getting travel insurance. Or be prepared to overnight in KL. Good luck.

Comment

Working...
          X