Hotels that are too sexy for themselves

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Hotels that are too sexy for themselves

Sorry for the very dated pop allusion, but I sit here fuming at the lack of conveniences in my designer / boutique CPH hotel. One socket at the desk; no mini-bar; and slooooow checkin staff. I'm dreading the checkout process. At least there's free wireless Internet, although that will not allow my corporate travel agency to escape from some disgruntled feedback.

(Sorry for the rant; aaahhh, I feel better now. )

Any hotel you've stayed in that was so chic, it didn't think enough about customer convenience?

(The hotel I'm staying at is the Hotel TwentySeven. Yes, I've called our company's emergency travel hotline to try to get another hotel, but sadly, it's another one of those periods when CPH seems to be fully booked at the more business-friendly chain hotels. )
    Last edited by jjpb3; 23 October 2007, 06:02 AM.
    ‘Lean into the sharp points’

Right Said Fred?

Comment

poor jjpb3.

OT : Nothing bad to share abt CPH hotel but have only tried Nyhavn71 - hotel food (a first for me) is very good the last time I was there.

Comment

Originally posted by jjpb3 View Post
        Any hotels you've stayed in that was so chic, it didn't think enough about customer convenience?
        The one that comes to mind first is the Paramount in New York, which sells itself as ultra-hip and chic, designed by Philippe Starck. Saying the rooms are tiny is an understatement--the one in this picture is the standard room but they have even smaller ones they call "petite," with rates nearing $400 with taxes. The elevators/lifts are purposely so dark that it is difficult to see the floor numbers on the buttons. The lobby and bar are nice (if still too dark), but that's about it. Stayed there once and never again!
        Last edited by MovieMan; 23 October 2007, 09:40 AM.

Comment

Yikes, MovieMan. That sounds awful, even by NYC hotel standards.

Comment

The W Mexico City has an open shower which basically floods the entire toilet for several hours...

Comment

1929 in SIN. Ranted about it in another post - but in a nutshell this property is understaffed, has extremely thin walls (and hence bad soundproofing), and the room is pretty cramped.
              All opinions shared are my own, and are not necessarily those of my employer or any other organisation of which I'm affiliated to.

Comment

Sorry to hear that jjpb3 but thanks for the feedback. That hotel was on my shortlist for May'08 so perhaps I should take it off.

Comment

Originally posted by SQFAN View Post
                  poor jjpb3.

OT : Nothing bad to share abt CPH hotel but have only tried Nyhavn71 - hotel food (a first for me) is very good the last time I was there.
                  Nyhavn is alright, The Hotel 27 is also okey, its a new Hotel Btw.. Next time make a reservation at Royal SAS Radisson Hotel, near Tivoli, or Skt Petri Hotel or D'Angleterre, the only three 5 star hotels in the city itself. Btw Hotel Imperial can be recommended as well. 4 star with 2 restaurants.

Comment

Originally posted by 9V-JKL View Post
                    Sorry to hear that jjpb3 but thanks for the feedback. That hotel was on my shortlist for May'08 so perhaps I should take it off.
                    If I were a leisure traveller, the hotel actually wouldn't be that bad. The location is nice, the bar selection looked awesome, and the breakfast buffet was quite nice (as buffets in Scandinavia go).

It's just that they fell short when it came to providing the services a business traveller values: e.g., quick checkin and checkout; more than one socket for electronics at the desk; some mugs and coffee/tea to go with the electric kettle provided in the room; and a phone next to the desk or bed so you're not standing away from a writing surface when you make or take a call.

Comment

Working...
                    X