[ZRH] Suites lounge?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• [ZRH] Suites lounge?

I just watched Sam Chui’s cool latest trip report on Swiss Air F class from ZRH to HKG and at one point he features an amazing looking Swiss Air F lounge E, complete with a swanky plane spotters terrace, whisky bar and day beds. I’ll be flying Suites ZRH-SIN, anyone know which lounges SQ uses and whether or not I’d have access to the Swiss lounge in that video?

Here’s the video: https://youtu.be/f9CheoANbHY skip to 0:46 for the lounge.
    Last edited by Short Final; 9 June 2018, 06:45 PM.

Sorry I don’t have the answer to your question.
    However, the last time I was in ZRH, there was rooftop area for plane spotting which was - in plane spotting terms, not in luxury or amenities - even better than the LX lounge balcony seen in the video.

It is worth checking out!

Comment

Originally posted by Short Final View Post
      I just watched Sam Chui’s cool latest trip report on Swiss Air F class from ZRH to HKG and at one point he features an amazing looking Swiss Air F lounge E, complete with a swanky plane spotters terrace, whisky bar and day beds. I’ll be flying Suites ZRH-SIN, anyone know which lounges SQ uses and whether or not I’d have access to the Swiss lounge in that video?

Here’s the video: https://youtu.be/f9CheoANbHY skip to 0:46 for the lounge.
      Not sure which lounge SQ uses in Zurich, however the Swiss lounge is apparently only accessible to SWISS First, First Class Lufthansa, and HON Circle members.

https://www.swiss.com/US/EN/fly/airp...es-zurich.html

Comment

SQ pax uses the Swiss lounge at E piers which is also their flagship. There are live cooking stations within the lounge and a nice outdoor verandah for smokers & spotters. A new FCL should already be operational however I didn’t had the chance to step in yet

Comment

Originally posted by Tonitan View Post
          SQ pax uses the Swiss lounge at E piers which is also their flagship. There are live cooking stations within the lounge and a nice outdoor verandah for smokers & spotters. A new FCL should already be operational however I didn’t had the chance to step in yet
          the new FCL in A is operational, but the OP won't have access on SQ F unless he is HON. also, A is in schengen so not practical for that matter.

Same for the FCL in E - no access, unless HON.

But he'll have access to the Senator Lounge E.

Comment

Originally posted by Tonitan View Post
            When I was there two years ago, it was unimpressive. To the best of my recollection there was no special area for R pax.

Comment

Originally posted by CarbonMan View Post
              When I was there two years ago, it was unimpressive. To the best of my recollection there was no special area for R pax.
              the impressive part is the F Lounge which, again, SQ PAX won't have access to. It's reserved for LH/LX First Class Customers and HON Circle members.

Comment

Originally posted by CarbonMan View Post
                Agreed. I've only left from ZRH once since I've had lounge access and I remember being told I could only have one hour of wifi. The Swiss guard their data like gold...

Comment

Thanks to all who responded. Indeed, as an SQ R pax, I was not given access to the Swiss F lounge. However, I thoroughly enjoyed the Senator E lounge that I did have access too. A massive long terrace from which to watch the departures (right abeam one of the runways). The whiskey bar was impressive, the space was very inviting and stylish. The food options were almost all vegetarian, which is maybe the one thing I didn’t like. But, this lounge was cool and fresh and a fun stop for an avgeek before getting on the plane.

Comment

Thanks to all who responded. Indeed, as an SQ R pax, I was not given access to the Swiss F lounge. However, I thoroughly enjoyed the Senator E lounge to which I did have access. A massive long terrace from which to watch the departures (right abeam one of the runways). The whiskey bar was impressive, the space was very inviting and stylish. The food options were almost all vegetarian, which is maybe the one thing I didn’t like. But, this lounge was cool and fresh and a fun stop for an avgeek before getting on a long flight.

Comment

Working...
                    X