No announcement yet.

A little teardrop falls from one eye...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• A little teardrop falls from one eye...

SQT Virgin here.

My love affair with SQ and aviation started early. I remember my first SQ flight when I was around 4 or 5, and my parents bought me this very retro SQ polo t shirt. Hmm actually I think the crew gave it to us. I still remember the perfume....And I still have a picture of that of chubby me in that shirt.

At 16, a nice BA FA gave me a C Amenity Kit when naively thinking airlines fulfill wide eyed dreams, I asked for a memento of the flight. I was a lowly cattle class kid, no FFP membership then, and I was treated so nicely. I actually thought everyone could get one if they asked. Still have that till today too. These days, I always tell my friends working in airlines that they will never know who they will touch with small kind gestures and how impactful they can be.

I've always loved watching and being on planes as they take to the air. Always look forward to try new flight products, collecting amenity kits and model planes, checking on every minute detail of every flight, checking out lounges and airports, cruising trip reports, and getting to know airline management etc. My friends, even those who travel a lot, think I am losing my marbles for actually liking long haul travel.

Reading all the posts on SQT and seeing how you guys even meet up for gatherings (!) is both surprising and comforting. I can't believe you even have a diary of members' travels and that guys here help members gain access to lounges!

I have heard from other friends of frequent flier groups that meet and travel together but I thought they were isolated little clubs for the 'in' and well to do boys.

So this may sound weird to vets like you guys, but I am glad I found SQT. Spent the past week reading up on the posts. At least you guys don't charge for membership like A.net...hmmm.

Now if only I can fly every two days I would be even happier...
    Have Passport Will Travel!

Glad you enjoy it here emperorsr.

Comment

welcome to sqtslk. Greetings from Apple store at Oxford Circus.

Comment

Thanks for the welcome! Question: what does SQLPP stand for? Doesn't LPP have some derogatory meaning in some local dialect? haha just kidding.

Mac Oxford Circus eh? Er...excuse my ignorance, is that in the UK? Good to know there are other Applets out there. MAC RULEZ!!

In any case, I sd have held back from sending this thread out. Apparently it's premature hwahwahwa....sigh...now a tear shall fall from the other eye kekekeke

Comment

LPP in this case refers to Lifetime Solitaire; which sadly is no longer achievable on SQ but is awarded at 2,000post on SQT.

As for that other meaning......well...

Comment

Originally posted by 9V-JKL View Post
            LPP in this case refers to Lifetime Solitaire; which sadly is no longer achievable on SQ but is awarded at 2,000post on SQT.

As for that other meaning......well...
            WHAT? Lifetime? So SQ LPP has that status?? Shall we get married? MMM lifetime of lounge access....MMMM....HWAHWAHWA

Comment

welcome emperorsr. hope to see you around often.

Comment

Hi Emperorsr!

Very nice story about your history of flight. I understand how you feel about the craze in planes as I do share the same sentiments.

Anyway, I'm grateful of finding SQT as it doesn't charge unlike Airliners.net, with all the First Class Memberships, etc!

Comment

Working...
                X