A Surprise Plan Gone Down The Drain

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• A Surprise Plan Gone Down The Drain

I knew that DeltaFlyingProf would be on BA 92 F YYZ-LHR on Thursday, 8 November 2007. We flew together on DL from SFO-JFK on Wednesday night. We took the A train to Manhattan. He asked me about my trip, and I said I would fly to Singapore on NW. DFP got off at the next station after Utica.
    I went to NY because of biz matters. I went to LGA with the person I had the appointment with, so that we could continue the discussions. I took AC to YYZ. And once I arrived at YYZ, took the train to Terminal 3. Checked-in for my BA92 flight. And went to BA Lounge near gare C24. Talking about F pax who complains about SKL F being full, at YYZ BA lounge, there is no F section. And the seats are all occupied. Very very crowded.
    I went to teh gat at 530pm (an hour prior to schedule departure), and heard the announcement for the delay due to the crew transport got stuck in traffic.
    I was first pax entering F cabin. Had a glass of Tattinger. Waited and waited. And just I heard the door closed, I saw a pax headed to seat 4F. It was not DeltaFlyingProf. The crew did not know when I asked what happened with DFP.
    And there you go. A plan to surprise DFP being in the same flight with him gone sour.
    Now I am in Switzerland and I am wondering where DFP is. What had happened? Anyway, hope he is fine. And I wish him the best if he missed his flight yesterday. Yes, a bad traffic in NYC and a bad weather in YYZ.

Murphy's Law in this case?

Comment

Originally posted by CGK
      I am wondering where DFP is. What had happened?
      ZZZzzz...

Comment

Originally posted by jhm View Post
        ZZZzzz...
        Really?
        Where?
        BA Lounge at YYZ was extremely crowded when I was there. All seats were occupied.

Comment

Originally posted by CGK View Post
          BA Lounge at YYZ was extremely crowded when I was there. All seats were occupied.
          ... including one F pax happily snoozing away.

Comment

Originally posted by jhm View Post
            ... including one F pax happily snoozing away.
            Did not see anyone sleeping. But of course my eyes were stick to the other blokes.
            BTW, because of the crowdedness in the lounge, many decided to have meals before aboard the plane.

Comment

Well CGK must have forgotten what I look like since he did not see me....
              Now that I saw the menu of what I missed, I am even more PISSED! The later flight I had to be downgraded to J and all I got was a sandwich. Not even any omelet for breakfast!!!

On a side note, don't you guys think that the gate should have checked with the lounge if I had come in and that the lounge lady should have looked for me? Am I asking really for too much?

Comment

Originally posted by DeltaFlyingProf View Post
                On a side note, don't you guys think that the gate should have checked with the lounge if I had come in and that the lounge lady should have looked for me? Am I asking really for too much?
                They should have, and I find it's strange they didn't. They looked frantically for a missing passenger on my EWR-LHR flight to avoid leaving without him.
                Now that I saw the menu of what I missed, I am even more PISSED!
                Was that a reason for the episode to start with? Just kidding. Sorry you missed the flight.
                Last edited by jjpb3; 11 November 2007, 06:53 PM.
                ‘Lean into the sharp points’

Comment

Well CGK must have forgotten what I look like since he did not see me....
                  True! I am erasing your image with all those hot blokes in the BA lounge.

Originally posted by jjpb3 View Post
                  They should have, and I find it's strange they didn't. They looked frantically for a missing passenger on my EWR-LHR flight to avoid leaving without him.
                  Even when I was on BA Club Europe from LHR to ZRH, BA was actively looking for me who got stucked in the security at T4. So, I don't know why BA did not look for him. It's possible that the delayed departure due to crew got caught in traffic jam making the attention to details were lacking. Or else, the sleeping pax did not hear the page in the lounge?
                  Last edited by CGK; 15 November 2007, 10:15 AM.

Comment

Working...
                  X