SQTalk 10th anniversary get together 11 November

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

On my way to SIN!
    Thanks for sending SVB to pick me up, SQ...
    Your oldest plane, really???

Comment

Would really love to join , but sorry I cant , wife is sick.
      Have a funtastic night guys.. Happy Anniversary to SQTALK, keep rocking ppl !

Comment

I hope you all have fun. Again, Happy 10th SQT. I wish I was there instead of dealing with what has happened after the election Tuesday night in the US (Trump's winning that has led to protests, even a few at my college. Very sad day).

Comment

Have fun all! Sorry can't be there.

Comment

Apologies, but I cannot be there, as I was unable to shift my trip to Singapore and SE Asia to now. Have fun, and hopefully I can be there for a future get together!

Originally posted by SQ228 View Post
            On my way to SIN!
            Thanks for sending SVB to pick me up, SQ...
            Your oldest plane, really???
            Seeing that one of you locations is MEL, it sounds par for the course for it to get ancient aircraft, especially when you look back at late 2011 to early 2012.

Comment

Originally posted by SQGamespeed View Post
              Seeing that one of you locations is MEL, it sounds par for the course for it to get ancient aircraft, especially when you look back at late 2011 to early 2012.
              The flight was awful. The seat was like a park bench, the covers were filthy, the audio jack didn't work and it was evident that the crew were struggling with the galley. I hate these planes so much!

Comment

Originally posted by MAN Flyer View Post
                Right, all confirmed for 8pm at 1 Altitide.

Those attending or who have expressed an intention to attempt to be there are:

MAN Flyer
                StarG
                StarG + 1
                Lobster
                SQflyergirl
                9V-JKL
                9V-SIA
                HUGE AL
                yflyer
                Kyo
                Pinkfloyd
                milehighj
                UMD
                SQ228
                demue
                kapitan
                Nick C
                Dent@SUB
                SQGamespeed
                alian
                b777jubilee
                Scooby5

Have I missed anybody ?.

Look forward to seeing everyone tomorrow.
                Savage25 still coming? He said so earlier? Come on if I can come so can you

BTW, if one comes a bit later (got a conference call till 8PM and then have to come from the East to CBD ) is it just queue and wait to head up or any "priority lane" privileges?

Comment

Great night guys!! Thanks MAN Flyer for organising!
                  God must have been a ship owner, he placed the raw materials far from where they are needed and covered two-thirds of the earth with water...

Comment

I had a great time.

Enjoyed the crowd and the stunning location.

Thank you for organizing MAN Flyer
                    Last edited by Lobster; 12 November 2016, 03:27 PM.

Comment

Thanks for a wonderful meet-up last night! It was great to meet so many folks face to face! Thanks, MAN Flyer (And everyone else who contributed...) for organising this!

Comment

Definitely a wonderful time last night! It was good to see a lot of SQ enthusiasts and to meet again some good old friends. The bubbles were top notch and the ambiance literally put us on cloud 9. Thank you so so much to MAN Flyer for being such a good organizer.

Here is to another DO soon!

Comment

Thanks for coordinating everything MAN Flyer. Great location. Great meet up. (and of course great bottles of bubbly!!!)

Comment

Greetings from a very quiet Private Room... new MAN departure time of course...

Thank you to everyone who was there yesterday. As others have said it was a superb night and fantastic to catch up with many old friends and some people I haven't met before, like 9V-SIA and yflyer.

I think yflyer may have realised how much his fantastic TR's are appreciated going off how many times he was told this by everyone.

Thanks again for everyone for their contributions to the site over the last ten years.

Comment

Well worth the trip to Singapore from MEL to meet up and put names to faces and discover how diverse the group is! My trip back on 9V-SKL was much nicer.

Biggest thanks to MAN Flyer for the great arrangements and generosity and to everyone I had a chance to meet. Great photos yflyer!

Now I know there's a Singapore that exists beyond the delightful carpet of T3... (Just need to visit BNE more often to train myself for the climate!)

Anyone heading to MEL, let me know.

Comment

Sorry for not making it, hope you guys had fun......certainly sounds like you did.

Well, I landed back from Germany at lunchtime and had the plan to visit my son's concert from 6-8pm at Orchard before heading to see you guys........only it was 7.30-9.30pm at Bukit Timah - his Ngee Ann City concert is this coming Wednesday so, oops. By the time we were all finished at Bkt. Timah it would have been too late to join you guys and I was beginning to flag, having forgotten to switch a sleeping pill from my suitcase to my carry on so sleep was not as good as it should have been - alcohol, the usual cure, didn't help so maybe I'm getting old.

As an aside, got my first segment on A350 and I was a bit disappointed that I felt it wasn't as quiet as I thought it should/would be given its hype - certainly after stepping off 11hrs aboard a A380 upper deck.

Comment

Working...
                                X