A350 Deliveries and Routes

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by SQ228 View Post
    It flew to other locations first but since then is captive to BNE. It's unlikely to be due to flight timing as SQ236 arrives in SIN early enough to be assigned to any of the A350 evening flights. It's quite curious.
    I was wondering the same thing as well. Typically when an A359 is delivered it is used on short haul routes then progressively medium and then longhaul routes. A little surprised SMT hasn't even flown to Europe yet. SMS in contrast has been used on every route including SFO (captive to usually the newest birds).

Comment

• Originally posted by EKCH View Post
      and DUS, AMS, ARN/DME
      My bad forgot those cities as well. The only Australian port that the 350 has not been used to is SYD, sometimes during peak season they put some extra flights but none with the 359. I hope they'll test out SYD with that too one day.

Comment

• the A359 maybe too small for SYD

Comment

• Originally posted by flyguy View Post
          the A359 maybe too small for SYD
          The only flight they can put on will be a 6th Daily service or on SQ251/252.

But my observation is that SQ252 is very full these days, so deploying A350 seems like downsizing for me.

Comment

• Originally posted by flyguy View Post
            the A359 maybe too small for SYD
            I see, correct me if I am wrong but no 359 by any carrier flies to SYD.

Comment

• Originally posted by SQfanatic View Post
              My bad forgot those cities as well. The only Australian port that the 350 has not been used to is SYD, sometimes during peak season they put some extra flights but none with the 359. I hope they'll test out SYD with that too one day.
              ADL and CBR haven't had any A350 services. PER had a flyover one day, but I can't recall if it was a revenue flight. If it was, it was only for that day.

If they have a spare one it should be going to CBR on account of the lower fuel costs helping make the route break even. SYD is so congested, that they shouldn't be sending smaller planes an hour apart, rather more A380s. That's what the A380 was intended for.

Comment

ADL and CBR haven't had any A350 services. PER had a flyover one day, but I can't recall if it was a revenue flight. If it was, it was only for that day.

If they have a spare one it should be going to CBR on account of the lower fuel costs helping make the route break even. SYD is so congested, that they shouldn't be sending smaller planes an hour apart, rather more A380s. That's what the A380 was intended for.
                I understand. Makes sense but one of the SYD routes is served by a B772 (I think seasonally if not year round) and that 772 would benefit for a 359 upgrade unless that itself is also a downgrade.

Comment

I see, correct me if I am wrong but no 359 by any carrier flies to SYD.
                  CI recently started A359 service to SYD replacing A333.

Comment

• Originally posted by brissypete View Post
                    CI recently started A359 service to SYD replacing A333.
                    Yes, was just about to say that because i saw a CI A359 on the tarmac at SYD when my TR2 flight was taxiing to the gate on 12 Jan. Didn't manage to get photo evidence but i hope my eyewitness report is taken as reliable

Comment

I understand. Makes sense but one of the SYD routes is served by a B772 (I think seasonally if not year round) and that 772 would benefit for a 359 upgrade unless that itself is also a downgrade.
                      Anything replacing an ancient 772 is an upgrade, since they are the oldest planes in the fleet with delapidated interiors. From a Y class perspective, while an A350 is an upgrade, it is also a downgauge. So you end up with better seats but less of them, increasing competition and prices (in theory). From a non-Y perspective, everything is better with an A350. Newer seats, either with better IFE, more space/flatbed or both, as well as more seats in total, plus a whole PEY cabin, which also then increases J award ticket chances.

Comment

• 9V-SMU has rolled out onto the Flight Line fully painted and cabin fitted. She is scheduled to be delivered in February as earlier predicted.

Comment

• Originally posted by EKCH View Post
                          Why is 9V-SMT only flying on BNE?
                          It did SQ632 & 3 on the 14th and is now back to BNE only again.

Comment

Anything replacing an ancient 772 is an upgrade, since they are the oldest planes in the fleet with delapidated interiors. From a Y class perspective, while an A350 is an upgrade, it is also a downgauge. So you end up with better seats but less of them, increasing competition and prices (in theory). From a non-Y perspective, everything is better with an A350. Newer seats, either with better IFE, more space/flatbed or both, as well as more seats in total, plus a whole PEY cabin, which also then increases J award ticket chances.
                            Yeah, I definitely agree capacity wise a downgrade. I think even replacing an A333 with a 359 on the SYD route would also be a downgrade since the 333 obviously has more Y seats like the 772 compared to the 359.

Comment

Yeah they haven't. CBR is still new as of now, but so far I have not seen or heard of any talks of rumors of it going A350. ADL could be a good guess because like BNE it had all A333 until they switched some back to the 772 since the J class has a flatbed and they wanted to offer that on that route. I know what you're talking about on the PER route but I hope one day it does become a regular occurrence.

Originally posted by loldude333 View Post
                              Yes, was just about to say that because i saw a CI A359 on the tarmac at SYD when my TR2 flight was taxiing to the gate on 12 Jan. Didn't manage to get photo evidence but i hope my eyewitness report is taken as reliable
                              That's fair enough for me to know, thanks!

Comment

Yeah they haven't. CBR is still new as of now, but so far I have not seen or heard of any talks of rumors of it going A350. ADL could be a good guess because like BNE it had all A333 until they switched some back to the 772 since the J class has a flatbed and they wanted to offer that on that route. I know what you're talking about on the PER route but I hope one day it does become a regular occurrence.
                                I'm not making any guesses or predictions. You stated that A350s had been used to all Australian ports except SYD. I was pointing out to you that ADL and CBR, as well as PER on a fixed basis, are also Australian ports not to have had an A350.

Comment

Working...
                                X