2008 SPG Category Changes

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 2008 SPG Category Changes

It's that time of year again. Changes don't seem to be as drastic as last year. Anyhow changes go into effect on March 4, 2008.

http://www.spgpromos.com/categorycha...goryCode=1&EM=

Here's some of the changes that might interest those here on SQTALK.

Cat 2 ---> Cat 3
    Westin Nusa Dua, Bali
    Le Meridien Kuala Lumpur
    Le Meridien Singapore
    Royal Orchid Sheraton & Towers, Bangkok
    Sheraton Krabi
    Le Meridien Khao Lak Beach Resort

Cat 2 ---> Cat 4
    Sheraton Hanoi

Cat 3 ---> Cat 4
    Westin Chicago North Shore

Cat 4 ---> Cat 5
    Westin Whistler
    W Montreal
    The Palace, San Francisco
    Westin Michigan Avenue, Chicago
    Sheraton Stockholm
    Four Points Sihlcity - Zurich
    Westin Sydney
    Westin Melbourne
    Sheraton Saigon

Cat 5 ---> Cat 6
    W New York
    Westin Europa & Regina, Venice
    Sheraton Palace, Moscow
    Le Meridien Barcelona
    Sheraton Belgravia, London
    St. Regis Beijing
    St. Regis Singapore

Cat 6 ---> Cat 5
    Princeville Resort, Kauai

Cat 6 ---> Cat 7
    Prince de Galles, Paris
    Mystique, Greece
    St. Regis Rome
    Hotel Eden, Rome
    Hotel Danieli, Rome
    Sheraton Park Tower, London
    Le Meridien Bora Bora

Time to book those stays now or take advantage of some of the better promos now

SQflyergirl that LM promo is looking really attractive now as two of the possible redemption properties are moving up to Cat 7

There's actually a property thats going down a category? Never thought that would happen

Comment

Originally posted by kluau88 View Post

SQflyergirl that LM promo is looking really attractive now as two of the possible redemption properties are moving up to Cat 7
      erm..... there IS the added complication of getting to Bora Bora.

Been there, done that - and i'll tell you, it's further away from KUL than london is. 1 hour to SIN. 10 from the to AKL. 5 from AKL to PPT and another 1 1/2 from there to BOB. All with rather poor flight connections. :o

Comment

Originally posted by kluau88 View Post
        Cat 6 ---> Cat 5
        Princeville Resort, Kauai
        Shocker! But OUTSTANDING!
        HUGE AL

Comment

The W on Lex is now a cat 6?!?! It's not even worth a cat 5 IMO unless you get a renovated room which is far and few in between. But I suppose it's Midtown NYC...
          All opinions shared are my own, and are not necessarily those of my employer or any other organisation of which I'm affiliated to.

Comment

The "kluau88 " properties really deserved the annotation.
            ‘Lean into the sharp points’

Comment

A property going from a Cat.1 to a Cat.2 is no big deal, but going from a Cat2 to a Cat3 increases the number of pts. required for a free night by 75% - 133% (depending if it's a weekend night). Not a huge difference in pts. but big percentage wise.

Comment

Phew, just booked the Westin Berlin today for 4 nights - a cat 3 pty which turns into a cat 4 on mar 4. Thanks to SQTalk or I'd have been blissfully unaware that the changes occur on mar 4!
                All opinions shared are my own, and are not necessarily those of my employer or any other organisation of which I'm affiliated to.

Comment

Originally posted by KeithMEL View Post
                  ...hanks to SQTalk or I'd have been blissfully unaware that the changes occur on mar 4!
                  There was an email from SPG sent on or around 19Feb which outlined the changes and provided a link to all hotels which also included the changes that would be made.

Comment

Originally posted by cawhite View Post
                    There was an email from SPG sent on or around 19Feb which outlined the changes and provided a link to all hotels which also included the changes that would be made.
                    I never received that email! I also looked through my trash and spam folders and it's in neither of those.

Comment

Working...
                    X