This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by uglymale View Post
    hi guys, quick question related to KF G.

i am currently qualified as a KF-S, and the current window ends this coming Aug'09. i have already re-qualified for next year to Aug'10.

i am just short of about 2,000 miles to KF-G. when the current window expires (i.e. after aug), does that mean i need to accumulate another 50000 miles for KF-G?
    Yup. A MR to Bali will clear the last 2k miles.

Comment

• whats an MR?

approximately how many hours flight is 2000 miles? i need to estimate because i'm not currently in Singapore but in NYC. i need to gauge what kind of domestic flight i need to take to clear that requirement.

Comment

• MR = mileage run, an act of taking a paid flight in order to achieve quicker an elite status, which usually is done without a stopover, just a connection or a turn around.

2000 miles from NYC is not that difficult to achieve. EWR to ORD is about 719 miles.
        Why not flying to the westcoast for the weekend? It's almost 5000 miles roundtrip.

Comment

• Originally posted by uglymale View Post
          whats an MR?

approximately how many hours flight is 2000 miles? i need to estimate because i'm not currently in Singapore but in NYC. i need to gauge what kind of domestic flight i need to take to clear that requirement.
          A RTN trip down to FLL will see you clear that 2K mile requirement..

Comment

• How many points actually required to get GOLD status?

Dear ALL,
            In the krisflyer homepage, it is stated that we need 50,000 miles to get Gold status. I think it is less accurate, since actually we need 75,000 miles.

Let say our membership period for 12-months is from January to December 2009. On May 2009, we have collected 27,000 miles. Realtime at that time, KF will upgrade our status to silver and RESET our tier mileages to zero regardless how many tier miles we have at that time. The membership period will change to May09-May10.

So, actually we require 75,000 miles to get GOLD status. Is that correct?

Thanks
            Budi

Comment

• Welcome to SQTalk, budi4rto!

I believe your question is answered here:

http://www.sqtalk.com/forums/showthread.php?t=4337
              Last edited by HUGE AL; 18 August 2009, 12:04 PM.
              HUGE AL

Comment

• Thanks for your welcoming, Huge Al
                Reading the thread link you sent, and it is really a good news for you.

Last April'09 I also got the bad experience. I just need to have 1000 miles to reach ES, and suddenly they reset my tier mileage. They dont display our KF period in the website, unless for ES and EG.

Hope the hidden period still can work positively for me, and it needs only additional 25,000 miles to reach EG.

Comment

• Originally posted by Nick C View Post
                  matt_will_fix_it,

This has been brought up many times. One will only need 50000 miles in a 12 month period regardless whether he/she is a new member or existing member. You have had poor experience dealing with krisflyer over that issue but it has passed so lets move on. There's no such thing has 75000 miles to achieve Gold in a 12 month period.
                  Hi Nick

I would love to support that view but sadly I have been told by the #@!$ Krisflyer folks that I need an ADDITIONAL 50000 miles in a 12 month period simply because I am an existing member. I have achieved 50000 within a 12-month period but basically they threw the rule book (on Date of Joining) at me and said "that's how the system works".
                  So for me and matt will fix it, i guess the 75000 miles rule applies

Comment

• Originally posted by blueb View Post
                    Hi Nick

I would love to support that view but sadly I have been told by the #@!$ Krisflyer folks that I need an ADDITIONAL 50000 miles in a 12 month period simply because I am an existing member. I have achieved 50000 within a 12-month period but basically they threw the rule book (on Date of Joining) at me and said "that's how the system works".
                    So for me and matt will fix it, i guess the 75000 miles rule applies
                    Welcome to SQtalk, blueb.
                    50,000 within your membership year, not within any 12 month period, and never has been.
                    75,000 is just incorrect. Many will attest to this.
                    F all the way. Settle for J. Usually whY. Sigh.

Comment

• yeah i went from blue to silver to gold with just 50k elite miles in under a year.

Comment

• Originally posted by ginkoka View Post
                        yeah i went from blue to silver to gold with just 50k elite miles in under a year.
                        Originally posted by budi4rto
                        Last April'09 I also got the bad experience. I just need to have 1000 miles to reach ES, and suddenly they reset my tier mileage. They dont display our KF period in the website, unless for ES and EG.
                        +1, just received my EG card yesterday
                        Was really surprised by its arrival, since it's not my first membership year, then It was also reset to 0 last April (coincidence?) when I had 24k elite miles and flying on the next day!

Went on to get 25k miles in Aug and was told that I need 50k more before Aug 2010 to get EG! How did it happened and what actually is the rule?

(I certainly ain't complaining though!)

Comment

• Hi all,

I'm in a predicament here. I just took a flight on a Star Alliance airline, which is Air China. The miles from this flight will push me over the 50k mark, as i am at 49k, with 1k more to go. But the miles have not been updated to my KF account yet, though i made the flight yesterday.

I've another long flight to Melbourne next week and i intend to use those miles to start requalifying for KG Gold, based on the assumption that i'll cross 50k before this weekend. It doesn't look like happening now and i don't want to "waste" my Melbourne sector just to push past 50k. I called KF and the officer told me it takes 6-8 weeks to update miles from partner airlines.

The other thing she told me is that my KF status won't be updated to Gold upon 50k, it will have to wait until the end of my membership year in Jul 2010. I told her it's not like that and she insisted so.

Does anyone know anyone in KF that i can talk to??

Comment

• Just call KF back and speak to someone else (for the membership year thingo).

For the CA miles, luck of the draw really... best you can do is hope! And try to explain later to someone at KF who will hear your plea if it goes in the non-chronological way around.

Comment

• Originally posted by Kyo View Post
                              Just call KF back and speak to someone else (for the membership year thingo).

For the CA miles, luck of the draw really... best you can do is hope! And try to explain later to someone at KF who will hear your plea if it goes in the non-chronological way around.
                              kyo, time is short and the chance looks slim...

if it really turns out the wrong way, then this is the 2nd time i've wasted a long sector just to make up some miles.

Comment

• Hobbes,

If you are already Gold at the moment. Re-qualification will only start in Jul 2010.

Comment

Working...
                                X