SQ to move to T3 at Jakarta

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by lingua101 View Post
    Ohhh I did not know the QG starts international route now. Is it why GA824/825 is downgraded to B738? I tried to make a booking in Aug and I notice GA825 is no longer using A330.
    I believe this is temporary as the A330s are used for the Haj flights. My GA825 bookings next month and in Nov are showing as A330. This also affects GA860/863 CGK-HKG vv and happened last year as well during the Haj season.

Comment

Originally posted by StarG View Post
      Was informed by SQ that the move won't happen so fast - T3 is simply not ready.
      Any hint or indication on the new date ?

Comment

Originally posted by MAN Flyer View Post
        Any hint or indication on the new date ?
        Not yet so far. Which is good news!

Comment

i'm glad SQ stays in T2 CGK for now.
          as T2 is relatively much more emptier now.

not sure how T3U will have expedited immigration tho

Comment

Originally posted by marcyeo View Post
            i'm glad SQ stays in T2 CGK for now.
            as T2 is relatively much more emptier now.

not sure how T3U will have expedited immigration tho
            T2 feels very empty now. Thai Airways has moved. CX still there. It's sad. T2 is a superior experience: it's fast to get from curbside, to check-in, to gate, and vice versa, too. Nice gardens. T3 is cavernous and takes too long to get anywhere.

Is there a chance that at T3, the SQ lounge will be fancier? I have spent lots of time in the T2 lounge and I like it a lot, even if it feels homey rather than "premium".

Comment

Originally posted by Short Final View Post
              T2 feels very empty now. Thai Airways has moved. CX still there. It's sad. T2 is a superior experience: it's fast to get from curbside, to check-in, to gate, and vice versa, too. Nice gardens. T3 is cavernous and takes too long to get anywhere.

Is there a chance that at T3, the SQ lounge will be fancier? I have spent lots of time in the T2 lounge and I like it a lot, even if it feels homey rather than "premium".
              what do you mean by "takes too long to get anywhere"?
              visit my blog

Comment

My personal experience with T3 is problem upon arrival.. its a lengthy walk after custom to car park and we need to go to level 3 for pick up . I hope it can be improved.
                Another thing I feel the luggage belt area are too dark/ gloomy ?

I personally love T2 although its old , it has its own beauty and the arrival is no hassle at all..from disembarking I can be in the car in approx 5 mins ( without luggage )

Comment

what do you mean by "takes too long to get anywhere"?
                  Distances are far. My experience at T3: deplane, walk a football field down a hallway to go down escalators and arrive at another long hallway, get to the baggage claim area and walk to the last baggage claim at the far end. Exit with bags, then go to another far end for car pickup. Lots of walking.

T3 has customer service agents on designated golf carts in the gate areas to give rides to people not up for long walks. In the check in area, the space is so vast, they have agents on rollerblades.

Comment

Originally posted by Handiman View Post

I personally love T2 although its old , it has its own beauty and the arrival is no hassle at all..from disembarking I can be in the car in approx 5 mins ( without luggage )
                    Yes! Exactly!

Comment

My personal experience with T3 is problem upon arrival.. its a lengthy walk after custom to car park and we need to go to level 3 for pick up . I hope it can be improved.

Distances are far. My experience at T3: deplane, walk a football field down a hallway to go down escalators and arrive at another long hallway, get to the baggage claim area and walk to the last baggage claim at the far end. Exit with bags, then go to another far end for car pickup. Lots of walking.

T3 has customer service agents on designated golf carts in the gate areas to give rides to people not up for long walks. In the check in area, the space is so vast, they have agents on rollerblades.
                      exactly my thoughts! T3 walk is very long. from baggage belt to exit is a 1 big round

Comment

I think this is good move to avoid congestion at carpark exit. But many people violate this and too lazy to get picked up on 3 floor. I notice they are building (has this done) a link from terminal to carpark at level 3.
                        visit my blog

Comment

I never really measure. I personally think it is not much difference. I know the pick up is still not efficient. But it is more orderly. I suppose they are building a direct link from terminal to cark park level 3.
                          visit my blog

Comment

I suppose they are building a direct link from terminal to cark park level 3.
                            There is actually a direct link already (it’s always been there). There is a travellator to go up to L2 where there is a linkbridge between the terminal building and the car park L3. It’s just a bit hidden and not well signposted. After you walk past the money changers/taxi counters, take a right turn before you reach the throngs of meeters and greeters in the arrival hall, the travellator is there through a small opening. Supposedly it’s meant for pax with a domestic connection. There is usually a guard stationed there but I have never been questioned. Much quicker than going through the car park and taking the elevator from there.

Comment

I spoke to one of the SQ Jakarta station ladies yesterday while waiting for my CGK-SIN flight to board. The target for the move to T3 is July, but she basically said there's been no real confirmation recently, so it could well be past July.

Comment

Unfortunately they might not even be given the chance to have their own lounge (even like Esplanade - not SKL branded but exclusive to SQ pax).
                                From what I heard, all ‘other’ airlines are to share one common lounge - the Plaza Premium?

Comment

Working...
                                X