Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by HUGE AL View Post
    Scary Scary!
    Not really. In WT, BA isn't that remarkable. When I travel on AA, I tend to miss the comedy channel from BA's radio offering and now the T5 lounge experience, but otherwise, IME, AA matches BA in Y.
    ‘Lean into the sharp points’

Comment

Originally posted by jjpb3 View Post
      Not really. In WT, BA isn't that remarkable. When I travel on AA, I tend to miss the comedy channel from BA's radio offering and now the T5 lounge experience, but otherwise, IME, AA matches BA in Y.
      Or even surpasses BA in Y in some areas - our flights departed within 5 minutes of each other on Friday evening and I got a cold sandwich box prior to landing (around 11pm NYC time) whilst phaleesy got a hot pizza. One drinks service on BA before the meal after takeoff whilst AA made several rounds.

Comment

Originally posted by jhm View Post
        Or even surpasses BA in Y in some areas - our flights departed within 5 minutes of each other on Friday evening and I got a cold sandwich box prior to landing (around 11pm NYC time) whilst phaleesy got a hot pizza. One drinks service on BA before the meal after takeoff whilst AA made several rounds.
        Now what were you two doing flying whY???
        HUGE AL

Comment

I may know the answer. jhm aka Mr. BA Gold Hush Hush Plus did not get the op-up! And phaleesy is thinking of following the steps of OneWorld supporters here. And oh don't forget those special bonus miles offer!

Comment

Originally posted by SQ LPP View Post
            I may know the answer. jhm aka Mr. BA Gold Hush Hush Plus did not get the op-up! And phaleesy is thinking of following the steps of OneWorld supporters here. And oh don't forget those special bonus miles offer!
            Right, but wasn't the bonus bigger in C or F?
            HUGE AL

Comment

Well, there aren't that many choices flying from JFK to my small local airport, LHR. And we're cash and miles poor so whY it had to be.

phaleesy is perfectly happy with whY and was gushing about waking up to find an AAngel tucking a blanket in place.

I'm less hardy so flew whY+ on the way out - daytime flight, solo emex seat (28J) and pre-flight lounge dining so not worth it to upgrade - and a miles upgrade to CW on the night flight back for the flat bed (a very private UD emex seat (62K); sleep until 30-40 mins before landing; shower and English breakfast in the arrivals lounge). Total cost - whY+ ticket in the BA sale plus 12,500 miles for the oneway upgrade (and get back 12,104 miles for the flights).

Comment

I would never pay £££ for premium classes on a 6 to 7 hour flight!

And phaleesy is thinking of following the steps of OneWorld supporters here. And oh don't forget those special bonus miles offer!
                Can't help not flying OW when your local airport is LHR. Bonus miles offer on AA but not BA. 100% miles with AA but only 25% with BA.

Comment

Originally posted by phaleesy View Post
                  We're really going to have to sit down over dessert and talk.
                  HUGE AL

Comment

Originally posted by phaleesy View Post
                    I'm beginning to agree with you now that redemptions are less available / more expensive to redeem.

If I fly Y within Asia( pay the US$100 for Emex seat), instant redemption!

The money I save on the flight will pay for the hotel at destination

Long haul is a different matter. I'll pay!!!

Comment

• I agree that I'd never pony up the $$$ to pay for premium for an under 8 hr flight if I'm buying a simple point to point (ie not part of a RTW for instance). whY is v survivable in such instances (whY not! ), especially daytime flights. I won't even pay the amount QF wants for their whY+ product. BA WT+ used to be v good value and was a great compromise Oz-Asia but became 25% more expensive since QF launched their cabin due to JSA - good thing T and W are now excluded from the JSA so I'm looking out for cheap BA T fares to Asia once again.
                      Last edited by KeithMEL; 11 December 2008, 05:33 PM.
                      All opinions shared are my own, and are not necessarily those of my employer or any other organisation of which I'm affiliated to.

Comment

• Originally posted by jhm View Post
                        I've had those pizzas several times...IMO, you definitely got the better meal with the cold sandwich box. Hope you're enjoying your trip to NYC.
                        Last edited by cawhite; 11 December 2008, 09:57 PM.

Comment

• Originally posted by cawhite View Post
                          I've had those pizzas several times...IMO, you definitely got the better meal with the cold sandwich box.
                          I'd agree with that assessment, except I'm tired of those sandwich boxes from my intra-Europe trips. Ceteris paribus, though, I agree the sandwiches would be the better-tasting option.
                          Last edited by jjpb3; 12 December 2008, 12:09 AM. Reason: clarity
                          ‘Lean into the sharp points’

Comment

• Originally posted by cawhite View Post
                            Hope you're enjoying your trip to NYC.
                            NYC was great! Awesome food, good shopping and the people are friendly (in a NY sort of way). Definitely somewhere to hopefully go back again soon.

Comment

• Hmm shopping? Anything special?

Comment

• Originally posted by SQ LPP View Post
                                Hmm shopping? Anything special?
                                I just bought a geek toy (partly made of orange rubber) but phaleesy came back with 2 extra cases!

Comment

Working...
                                X