Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• *G for 20000 miles a year?

Asiana Club Updates:

Elite status will be granted based on flight record every 24 months beginning Oct. 1, 2008.
    During this time period, a member with a frequent flight record will be able to gain Elite
    member status easily.

Diamond Status (*G Status)
    Before:
    Qualification: Accrue 100,000 on-board miles or 100 trips with Asiana Airlines
    Renewal: Must accrue 40,000 on-board miles for 3 years, or 50 trips with Asiana Airlines

New:
    Accrue 40,000 onboard miles, or 50 trips with Asiana Airlines every 24 months from ‘Reference Day’

Thanks for posting this.

I just took a quick glance at the redemption tables. Looks pretty expensive in terms of earn-burn ratio...

As a reference point, a SIN-SFO-SIN business class redemption would be 150k miles! Worse considering that F/J/Y accrue at 1.5/1.25/1.0 respectively.

Comment

Thanks for your information. SIA business class redemption is 120k (SIN-SFO-SIN). 30k difference between SIA and Asiana.

Comment

I'm really annoyed....accured 80K in less than a year as of this month and the rule's gonna change.....

Comment

Originally posted by lee_apromise View Post
          I'm really annoyed....accured 80K in less than a year as of this month and the rule's gonna change.....
          If you call them they should give you under either the new or old rules. Either 100k under lifetime accumulation of 40k under the last year accumulation?

Comment

How easy are they in terms of awards redemption?
            Can it be done online?

Comment

Originally posted by scooby5 View Post
              If you call them they should give you under either the new or old rules. Either 100k under lifetime accumulation of 40k under the last year accumulation?
              I'm not yet eligible for Diamond because I haven't accured 100K yet.
              As my 80K were accured before the effective date of the new rule, OZ said I just have to accure another 20K. Is this fair??

However somene who accures 40K in 2-year-period from the effective date, he/she will get Diamond.

To StarG, you can make a reservation of your award travel online on OZ flights only on OZ web. I believe only Korean web has this function.

Comment

Originally posted by lee_apromise View Post
                As a consolation, you'll get Diamond Plus (I think).

Comment

Thanks lee_apromise for the answer.

Comment

Working...
                  X