Question on PPS Requalification

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Question on PPS Requalification

I am a QPP and have 23,300 PPSV in my account now. I need another 1,700 PPSV by end July to requalify and I had booked a trip to BOM in J class for the last week of July, which would have allowed me to meet the target. At the last moment, my trip to BOM had to be postponed to the first week of August as my counterparties had to reschedule our meetings. Is there any way I can get the powers that be to extend my current PPS membership by just 1 week (actually just 3 days would do as just one segment of the trip would get me enough PPSV to requalify - it is Z class ticket so that I can fly the 77W night glights)?

Originally posted by 259850 View Post
    I am a QPP and have 23,300 PPSV in my account now. I need another 1,700 PPSV by end July to requalify and I had booked a trip to BOM in J class for the last week of July, which would have allowed me to meet the target. At the last moment, my trip to BOM had to be postponed to the first week of August as my counterparties had to reschedule our meetings. Is there any way I can get the powers that be to extend my current PPS membership by just 1 week (actually just 3 days would do as just one segment of the trip would get me enough PPSV to requalify - it is Z class ticket so that I can fly the 77W night glights)?
    your best bet is to contact your local PPS coordinator and see if she can make an exemption for you. good luck!

Comment

I think call SQ and explain - I've heard of the re-qualification deadline been extended for other passengers... fingers crossed they'll extend it for you too.
      matt_will_fix_it

Comment

If it is ticketed, you have a good chance by contacting SQ.

Comment

I think it should not be a problem. But as taipeiflyer said, you should talk to your PPS coordinator soon to arrange it.
          Good luck, 259850.

Comment

Thanks for the advice. Got my PPS club membership extended to Aug 31, and hence, should requalify for another year. Now that my corporate travel policy limits travel <3 hrs to Economy class, I doubt I can requalify beyond that, as most of my travel is to CGK. It is a pity though, as I'm almost there on the Solitaire front - just 35k PPSV to go. PPS club membership is very valuable to me due to the frequent Y travel I do....the Esplanade Lounge access in CGK is well worth it.

Comment

Glad to hear the good news update from you!
              Glad to hear about being QPP is valuable! A real fresh air here...

Comment

Ha ha. Yes it is valuable even in its completely devalued form only when one has frequent Y travel. The Esplanade Lounge surely beats other waiting areas in CGK. Actually, the smoking cafe/bar area next gate D2 from where the SQ flights depart is pretty nice even if you don't smoke. It is open air, with strong fans to blow out the smoke, and very nice beer.

Comment

Working...
                X