No announcement yet.

SQ to move to T3 at Jakarta

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Spoke to a check-in agent at CGK. She said the lounge situation at T3U is still uncertain (or perhaps not communicated to them yet). SIA will be among the last international airlines to move to T3U, along with Emirates and Qatar. There's a possibility that there won't be any lounge for SIA passengers initially.

Not sure how credible her info is.

Comment

Originally posted by Boy View Post
      SIA will be among the last international airlines to move to T3U, along with Emirates and Qatar.
      They are towards the end of the move (18 July officially) but not in the last batch. The official list was:

9 APR: MH (did this happen ?)

21 APR: TK, WY

1 MAY: TG, UL

7 MAY: 3K

15 MAY: KL

20 MAY : CA

1 JUN : PR

1 JUL : EK, QF, OZ,

5 JUL : 5J

18 JUL : SQ

20 JUL : QR

31 JUL : EY, NH, BR, KU, JL, BI, MU CX

Comment

Originally posted by MAN Flyer View Post
        They are towards the end of the move (18 July officially) but not in the last batch. The official list was:

9 APR: MH (did this happen ?)

21 APR: TK, WY

1 MAY: TG, UL

7 MAY: 3K

15 MAY: KL

20 MAY : CA

1 JUN : PR

1 JUL : EK, QF, OZ,

5 JUL : 5J

18 JUL : SQ

20 JUL : QR

31 JUL : EY, NH, BR, KU, JL, BI, MU CX
        So far, MH and TG did happen. TK, WY, and UL still in T2 as of today. QF and 3K will move on 11 May according to AUSBT. I don't think all airlines will follow that schedule.

Comment

If 18 Jul is correct, that's good as I have a trip down there the week before(!). I shall miss T2: I moved to Jakarta in 1995 and it was the first Asian airport I had ever seen...

Comment

Originally posted by maxc_20 View Post
            So far, MH and TG did happen. TK, WY, and UL still in T2 as of today. QF and 3K will move on 11 May according to AUSBT. I don't think all airlines will follow that schedule.
            Here is the list of airlines based on the Departure "Gate" for checkin.

Gate 1 - Garuda International
            Gate 2 - Korean Air, Saudia, China Airlines, Xiamen Air, Thai
            Gate 3 - China Southern, Vietnam Airlines, Air Asia, Scoot, Citilink (domestic?), Malaysian Airlines
            Gate 4 - Garuda domestic

Indeed, TG just moved to T3U yesterday (1-May), I saw a billboard sign but did not manage to take picture as it "rotates"

I also saw MH plane park on the other terminal. It is kind of L shape where the longer leg is T3U and the shorter leg is some other terminal which MH plane park. I saw incoming Air Asia plane (not sure QZ/AK/FD) was about to park next to it. I heard the announcement calling MH pax to board through gate 4 though. So I guess they will be ferried to the plane.

Airside I did not notice any significant increase of traffic. I did notice higher traffic in Public area, but I guess this due to many Umroh (pilgrimage to Mecca) passenger, as many of their families will send them off. Also I was told there are increasingly Umroh groups, as fasting month is coming soon (no trip during fasting month).

I spent most of the time in Garuda lounge. It is good lounge but I do expect more as this should be their flagship lounge. The most important thing, the aircon in this are is much cooler than the normal waiting area.

I also notice some kind of construction in T3U. I guess it will be sometimes before SQ really moves to T3U.
            visit my blog

Comment

Originally posted by maxc_20 View Post

My friend who has Jetstar booking out of CGK has received an email from Jetstar saying they will move to T3U from 11-May. So this is confirmed.
              visit my blog

Comment

Originally posted by lingua101 View Post
                I also saw MH plane park on the other terminal. It is kind of L shape where the longer leg is T3U and the shorter leg is some other terminal which MH plane park. I saw incoming Air Asia plane (not sure QZ/AK/FD) was about to park next to it. I heard the announcement calling MH pax to board through gate 4 though. So I guess they will be ferried to the plane.
                This “other terminal” where the MH plane parked, is actually the West Pier and is part of T3U as well. Basically T3U has 10 departure gates. Gates 1-4 are located in West Pier and gates 5-10 are located in the main building (‘the longer leg’, as you mentioned).

Comment

Gate 3 - China Southern, Vietnam Airlines, Air Asia, Scoot, Citilink (domestic?), Malaysian Airlines
                  Gate 4 - Garuda domestic

Indeed, TG just moved to T3U yesterday (1-May), I saw a billboard sign but did not manage to take picture as it "rotates"

Airside I did not notice any significant increase of traffic. I did notice higher traffic in Public area, but I guess this due to many Umroh (pilgrimage to Mecca) passenger, as many of their families will send them off. Also I was told there are increasingly Umroh groups, as fasting month is coming soon (no trip during fasting month).

I spent most of the time in Garuda lounge. It is good lounge but I do expect more as this should be their flagship lounge. The most important thing, the aircon in this are is much cooler than the normal waiting area.

I also notice some kind of construction in T3U. I guess it will be sometimes before SQ really moves to T3U.
                  I flew Garuda, on the return to SIN recently, my flight was assigned to Gate 5 and a 77W was parked there, my flight was supposed to be a 738, during boarding process, we were directed to Gate 14 (Super long walk) via the 1st floor corridor where disembarking passenger uses, where the 738 was parked..

Comment

Originally posted by ninervictor View Post
                    I flew Garuda, on the return to SIN recently, my flight was assigned to Gate 5 and a 77W was parked there, my flight was supposed to be a 738, during boarding process, we were directed to Gate 14 (Super long walk) via the 1st floor corridor where disembarking passenger uses, where the 738 was parked..

Whatever way it's mixed, the whole thing/process is/has not been handled well at all.

Comment

Originally posted by SQ968 View Post
                      This “other terminal” where the MH plane parked, is actually the West Pier and is part of T3U as well. Basically T3U has 10 departure gates. Gates 1-4 are located in West Pier and gates 5-10 are located in the main building (‘the longer leg’, as you mentioned).
                      oh ok... I did not bother to find out where is gate 4, as I was too lazy to walk, as it was so damn hot.

I think I kind of remember previously I notice that gate 5 is the "last" gate few months ago.
                      visit my blog

Comment

Originally posted by ninervictor View Post
                        I think this kind of thing will happen quite often. What time was your flight?

Personally, I rather that the plan park at remote and they ferry the pax using bus.

I thought Gate 14 is domestic?
                        visit my blog

Comment

Was informed by SQ that the move won't happen so fast - T3 is simply not ready.
                          But then again, this is Indonesia we are talking about ...

Comment

Gate 4 - Garuda domestic
                            Citilink domestic flight departs from T1C. Citilink International flight departs from T3. It has started CGK-PEN flight on 25 Mar 2018. This Skytrax 4-star Low cost airline is to start CGK-SIN service soon with 2 daily service, according to a recent Centre For Aviation (CAPA) analysis. So QG (Citilink) and GA (Garuda Indonesia) is going to mimic what TR and SQ is doing now, serving the same route with LCC and FSC options.

Comment

I think this kind of thing will happen quite often. What time was your flight?

Personally, I rather that the plan park at remote and they ferry the pax using bus.

I thought Gate 14 is domestic?
                              It was a 7+ pm departure flight, yes it was a domestic gate with security standing at the door to prevent people from going out mistakenly

Comment

Originally posted by davidfusq View Post
                                Citilink domestic flight departs from T1C. Citilink International flight departs from T3. It has started CGK-PEN flight on 25 Mar 2018. This Skytrax 4-star Low cost airline is to start CGK-SIN service soon with 2 daily service, according to a recent Centre For Aviation (CAPA) analysis. So QG (Citilink) and GA (Garuda Indonesia) is going to mimic what TR and SQ is doing now, serving the same route with LCC and FSC options.
                                Ohhh I did not know the QG starts international route now. Is it why GA824/825 is downgraded to B738? I tried to make a booking in Aug and I notice GA825 is no longer using A330.
                                visit my blog

Comment

Working...
                                X