Singapore Airlines Flight Delays & Disruptions

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by 9V-SPL View Post
    They were waiting for SQ208|04JUL (MEL-SIN) which was delayed. (STA/ATA: 0015/0239)
    Something went on in MEL with 9V-SMM possibly, as it landed ahead of schedule.
    SQ208 is a major feeder to LHR & ZRH flights, so the hotel bill at Changi would have been pretty steep letting those flights leave I guess.

Comment

• I flew 9V-SWE to FRA yesterday. Surprised to see it’s still here this morning while taking a bus to board a LH flight!! Wonder what happened... Must say the overhead bins squeaked quite a bit during turbulence

Comment

• Originally posted by pokfur View Post
        I flew 9V-SWE to FRA yesterday. Surprised to see it’s still here this morning while taking a bus to board a LH flight!! Wonder what happened... Must say the overhead bins squeaked quite a bit during turbulence
        The aircraft had to return to the bay as they missed the curfew time at FRA.
        Singapore Airlines - A great way to fly...

Comment

• SQ878|10JUL (SIN-TPE) is cancelled due to Super Typhoon Maria.

Comment

SQ878|10JUL (SIN-TPE) is cancelled due to Super Typhoon Maria.
            Here’s the official statement:

Taipei Flights affected by Super Typhoon Maria

Due to Super Typhoon Maria, the following Singapore Airlines flights to and from Taipei departing on 10 July 2018 will be cancelled:

SQ878 Singapore-Taipei
            SQ879 Taipei-Singapore

Customers who are affected by the cancelled flights will be reaccommodated on other SIA flights.

Customers are advised to update their contact details or subscribe to a mobile notification service to receive updates to their flight status here. Efforts will be made to contact customers who have registered their mobile phone and email details with us. As the situation remains fluid, customers may also check our website regularly for updates.

Singapore Airlines apologises for any inconvenience caused by the flight disruptions.

First updated on 9 July 2018, 2300hrs (GMT+8)

Comment

The aircraft had to return to the bay as they missed the curfew time at FRA.
              Wow that explains why.

Also, sometimes I've heard SQ319 from LHR always gets consistently delayed out of there for at least 1 hour. Sometimes it departs on time, but not always. Usually in the Summer schedule, it is the aircraft (if it arrives on time) to operate SQ2, otherwise it will usually get the aircraft off SQ325 (Though that day it got SWW off SQ238 from MEL). Anyone know why SQ319 gets delayed even though SQ318 gets to LHR on time?

Comment

• SQ2 got delayed by 1 hour out of SIN. It was supposed to be initially operated by SWW from SQ325 but instead got SNB off SQ286 from AKL. Anyone know why it got delayed? I'm guessing it might have been an equipment problem with SWW.

Comment

• Originally posted by SQfanatic View Post
                  SQ2 got delayed by 1 hour out of SIN. It was supposed to be initially operated by SWW from SQ325 but instead got SNB off SQ286 from AKL. Anyone know why it got delayed? I'm guessing it might have been an equipment problem with SWW.
                  SQ002|11JUL (SIN-HKG-SFO) originally operated by 9V-SWW was delayed due an issue with the doors.
                  A replacement aircraft was required and 9V-SNB was swapped in to operate the flight having just returned from Auckland as SQ286. As a result, the flight was retimed to depart 1hour 5mins later.

STD: 1830
                  ETD: 1935
                  ATD: 2003

Comment

• Originally posted by Not You View Post
                    SQ002|11JUL (SIN-HKG-SFO) originally operated by 9V-SWW was delayed due an issue with the doors.
                    A replacement aircraft was required and 9V-SNB was swapped in to operate the flight having just returned from Auckland as SQ286. As a result, the flight was retimed to depart 1hour 5mins later.

STD: 1830
                    ETD: 1935
                    ATD: 2003
                    Oh wow I see. Yeah SQ325 arrived having 2.5 hours of sufficient turnaround time to make it as SQ2. And the aircraft off SQ319 did SQ424. The only other aircraft I believe was on the ground was SWY, off SQ242 which they could have also used.

Comment

• SQ31|15JUL (SFO-SIN) scheduled to be operated by 9V-SMU went AOG. The aircraft was ferried as SQ9031|17JUL (SFO-SIN) and arrived in SIN today (18JUL18) at 1333 LT.

Comment

• SQ806|18JUL (SIN-PEK) operated by 9V-SWL diverted via ICN. As a result, the return flight SQ801 was retimed.

SQ801|19JUL (PEK-SIN)
                        STD: 0005
                        ATD: 0552

Comment

• SQ968 on 20-July was delayed 2155 to 2255. This was because the 9V-SRO was 1 hour late returning from MNL as SQ919.

SQ919 was indeed depart MNL more than 2 hours late 1849 instead of 1640 and arrived SIN 1.5 hours late 2152 instead of 2020
                          visit my blog

Comment

• SQ850|23JUL (SIN-CAN) operated by 9V-STU diverted to HKG this morning after holding over Guangzhou.

The return SQ851|23JUL (CAN-SIN) is re-timed to arrive into SIN at 0525 LT (24JUL), which is the scheduled same time as SQ853|24JUL.

Comment

• SQ638|23JUL (SIN-NRT) originally operating by 9V-SCE had to RTB due to a technical issue. They are now awaiting first available aircraft ex-SQ623, 9V-SCB arriving from KIX.

STD: 2355
                              ETD: 0530+1 (24JUL)

Comment

SQ638|23JUL (SIN-NRT) originally operating by 9V-SCE had to RTB due to a technical issue. They are now awaiting first available aircraft ex-SQ623, 9V-SCB arriving from KIX.

STD: 2355
                                ETD: 0530+1 (24JUL)
                                Ouch! I'm guessing for the pax that means sitting through the night in a gate lounge!

Comment

Working...
                                X