No announcement yet.

Coronavirus : Flight cancellations and contingencies

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Can’t book any flight to China for SQ right now for flights up to 16 feb. SQ have zeroed out the inventory.

For 17 feb till 31 March onwards, only the highest booking class available.

Comment

I wonder if it a policy to minimise the spread of the coronavirus or service reduction on short flight but on a SQ flight from Jakarta to Singapore I took yesterday, hot towels were not distributed prior to departure in economy class. On disembarking, I saw some linen towels in the business class cabin though.

Airlines take away hot towels, pillows, blankets and more to contain spread of coronavirus
      https://www.businesstraveller.com/bu...f-coronavirus/

Comment

Perhaps someone with medical training can contribute further but I’m guessing the hot towel issue is when it has cooled and is being handed back?

If given the choice of contact with the seat fabric itself which is never laundered after every flight, or a hot towel that’s just been heated to the temperature of steam, my brain is telling me I’d rather have the hot towel.

Comment

SQ/MI has put out a press release yesterday announcing changes for flights to/from China in Feb 2020:

https://www.singaporeair.com/en_UK/s...t/?id=jgnw1vsv

Comment

Originally posted by 9V-SML View Post
            SQ/MI has put out a press release yesterday announcing changes for flights to/from China in Feb 2020:

https://www.singaporeair.com/en_UK/s...t/?id=jgnw1vsv
            We can expect further cancellations following Singapore's announcement of drastic measures restricting entry of PRC passport holders and visitors who have visited PRC. Transit through Singapore, which forms a bulk of SQ's passengers, is apparently also not allowed.
            My past and future travels

My Travel Map

Comment

Doesn’t this mean that all flights between Singapore and mainland China have to be suspended?

Comment

Are any HKG flights affected?

Comment

Originally posted by kevin-sg View Post
                  Doesn’t this mean that all flights between Singapore and mainland China have to be suspended?
                  SQ have further reduced the no of flights. N actually flights from now to 16/feb are not bookable as well (although there is still flights between SIN/CHINA during this period)

Comment

Originally posted by SQ002 View Post
                    Are any HKG flights affected?
                    A search on SQ website still shows 5-6 daily flights to HK from now till mid-feb and there dont seem any reduction except for downguaging of aircraft like from the daily A380 service to a 773.

Comment

Originally posted by sbs2716g View Post
                      SQ have further reduced the no of flights. N actually flights from now to 16/feb are not bookable as well (although there is still flights between SIN/CHINA during this period)
                      SQ seems to reduce its flights to PEK drastically to one flight 3 -4 times a week - however there are some days when one can book through SQ site but the flight is operated by Air China. Similiarly for PVG, there are not even bookable till late feb.

Comment

Originally posted by sbs2716g View Post
                        I think his question was more on whether there's any point for SQ to do so as opposed to cancellations with immediate effect, seeing as transit and entry is now largely prohibited to Chinese nationals.
                        an infrastructure geek

Comment

There will be quite a number of SQ planes parked in Changi by the end of next week, including at least 3 A380s sitting on the tarmac for the whole day which something we dont usually see at all.
                          Last edited by flyguy; 1 February 2020, 09:47 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by yuuka_miya View Post
                            I think his question was more on whether there's any point for SQ to do so as opposed to cancellations with immediate effect, seeing as transit and entry is now largely prohibited to Chinese nationals.
                            I think SQ have not outright cancelled all flights as situations are very fluid. So they just keep it first (but restrict the sale to highest booking class) n see how it go n they can cancel as the day get nearer

Comment

Sq001

Anyone knows what will happen with sq001. Its impossible to get through to sq now. That flight stops in hk but it’s considered a flight to Singapore from San Francisco. I am schedule to go to Thailand via another connection in changhi via sq as awell. I am not cancelling as yet but wondering if the hk connection will be an issue. I am not returning through sq01.

Comment

Originally posted by Triniflyer View Post
                                Anyone knows what will happen with sq001. Its impossible to get through to sq now. That flight stops in hk but it’s considered a flight to Singapore from San Francisco. I am schedule to go to Thailand via another connection in changhi via sq as awell. I am not cancelling as yet but wondering if the hk connection will be an issue. I am not returning through sq01.
                                I’m not sure SQ1 will be affected. HKG is not part of “Mainland China”. I’m going off Australian information here, but we have no travel ban to/from HKG and HKG closed their border to the rest of China many days ago.

Comment

Working...
                                X