ANA New cabin products

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• ANA New cabin products

I must say, their new Business Class looks really impressive. Its like an upgraded version of the current SQ JCL seat. A shame SQ didnt come up with this product first. However, it looks like the seat has limited "lounging positions"- since there isnt really much room for a recline.

https://www.ana.co.jp/group/en/pr/201907/20190711.html

Youtube: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QXGRW2oyl7Y
    Last edited by Avenger777; 12 July 2019, 12:06 AM.

This looks really good. It does look similar to the SQ J seat, although the innovation here is having pairs forward/backward facing.

I expect we will hear the usual howls of dismay from those who don't like sleeping at an angle, although I've personally never had problems sleeping at an angle on SQ's J seat.

Comment

Actually, I daresay BA, then QR did the forward-backward arrangement first.

But it looks like an interesting solution to the cubby hole issue on the SQ seats.
      an infrastructure geek

Comment

Wow, ANA’s new J-class “Room” looks amazing, almost no need for First. Also love the entrance lobby/refreshment bar concept.

Comment

Originally posted by yflyer View Post
          I expect we will hear the usual howls of dismay from those who don't like sleeping at an angle, although I've personally never had problems sleeping at an angle on SQ's J seat.
          I would rather sleep at an angle than fly backwards.

Comment

Originally posted by yflyer View Post
            This looks really good. It does look similar to the SQ J seat, although the innovation here is having pairs forward/backward facing.

The irony is that many who complained about sq angled sleep position also praised other herringbone configuration which is angled. Sq and now ANA Solution actually gives me space and flexibility which I appreciate. The concept of forward n reverse seating seems to address the small foot well problem. Having sat in qsuites in reverse before I don’t find it an issue and only noticed differences in take off n landing but really it just preferential

I actually prefer the concept of flipping the seat for bed mode as this allows for leather seats and fabric bed only wish sq used a slight thicker mattress but overall good. I actually dislike reclining to flat bed as the seat belt goes off position and hard to get a good adjustment.

Comment

Originally posted by alian View Post
              The irony is that many who complained about sq angled sleep position also praised other herringbone configuration which is angled. Sq and now ANA Solution actually gives me space and flexibility which I appreciate. The concept of forward n reverse seating seems to address the small foot well problem. Having sat in qsuites in reverse before I don’t find it an issue and only noticed differences in take off n landing but really it just preferential

I actually prefer the concept of flipping the seat for bed mode as this allows for leather seats and fabric bed only wish sq used a slight thicker mattress but overall good. I actually dislike reclining to flat bed as the seat belt goes off position and hard to get a good adjustment.
              Good points, I think the wide+angled, SQ/ANA style, may psychologically give a sense of "small footwell" but that's in comparison to the width of the seat, whereas herringbone the seat faces the footwell directly, so it's not as "weird".

From some photos online, it does seem that the ANA seat reclines into the flat bed, not flips over as in the original SQ design.

Comment

Originally posted by FN-GM View Post
                I would rather sleep at an angle than fly backwards.
                I find it quite interesting that people seem to be divided into two camps on whether they are ok travelling forwards or backwards, whether this is on buses, trains or planes, with more people not liking it that those who are ok with it.

I personally am fine travelling backwards on buses or trains, and planes as well, but I know some friends who absolutely refuse to do so.

As another data point, on the one occasion I flew BA J on the 77W, as one of a pair of rearward facing J seats, there was no perceptible difference between being forward facing or backward facing. Once the plane took off, I had no idea which was forward or backward. In fact, BA has a piece of decor on the front bulkhead of the cabin, which I had to keep referring to, in order to determine which was the front, and which was the back of the J cabin.

Comment

Originally posted by Stratoliner777 View Post
                  Good points, I think the wide+angled, SQ/ANA style, may psychologically give a sense of "small footwell" but that's in comparison to the width of the seat, whereas herringbone the seat faces the footwell directly, so it's not as "weird".

From some photos online, it does seem that the ANA seat reclines into the flat bed, not flips over as in the original SQ design.
                  Because this literally is the ANA version of QSuite which I believe is a different product from SQ's one.

Michael

Comment

That makes sense! To add, it seems that the J class seat is wider than F, at least based on the seatmap.
                    Last edited by Stratoliner777; 17 July 2019, 02:23 PM.

Comment

Working...
                    X