Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

2 hour SIN transit; possible to get coffee outside transit area?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 2 hour SIN transit; possible to get coffee outside transit area?

hi guys, i'm transiting in Singapore Changi arriving 15:15, and then departing again at 17:30. My luggage would be checked in through to final destination.

Would it be possible to meet up with my Singaporean friend at one of the airport cafes (outside the transit area) and get back in in time for my flight?

Originally posted by uglymale View Post
    hi guys, i'm transiting in Singapore Changi arriving 15:15, and then departing again at 17:30. My luggage would be checked in through to final destination.

Would it be possible to meet up with my Singaporean friend at one of the airport cafes (outside the transit area) and get back in in time for my flight?
    You'd need a lot to go right for that. If your flight arrives on time or early, if the queue for immigration is short, you might get out for a half hour. It also depends on how far the gates assigned in each direction are from immigration. I'm pretty cautious on these things- you need to go back through immigration which will probably be quick, but then get to your gate, go through security and board your flight on time. If you miss it, you'll get zero sympathy and they'll also have to offload your luggage.

Comment

So long as your flight arrives on time, and so long as neither flight involves T4, this is very doable. Just agree to meet at your departure terminal and make sure to leave to clear immigration at least 30 mins before departure. Also be familiar with the fastest way to get from one terminal to another (sometimes it may be pre immigration, eg T2 to T3). If you can post your arrival and departure terminals, others can advise. You may not get a full hour with your friend though.

Comment

sounds great! just to clarify, there is no special procedure?

in my mind,
        1. arrive and deplane
        2. clear immigration
        3. meet friend at airport cafe for a coffee and selfie. maybe buy a green sponge cake.
        4. don't need to check in, just use boarding pass in hand to get to immigration
        5. clear immigration and security checks
        6. board and depart

Comment

in my mind,
          1. arrive and deplane
          2. clear immigration
          3. meet friend at airport cafe for a coffee and selfie. maybe buy a green sponge cake.
          4. don't need to check in, just use boarding pass in hand to get to immigration
          6. board and depart
          Yes, that sounds correct to me.

Comment

6. board and depart

Remember that Security Checks are "usually" done at the gate and not centralised so this should be quicker than many other airports, getting to the gate latest 15-20min before departure - you also need to doublecheck with your airline what time gate closes, not all are 10min.

Comment

Working...
            X