• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• August schedule

Dear all,

The August schedule can now be found here:

https://www.singaporeair.com/en_UK/s...t/?id=k88gnin9

It makes pretty grim reading when you think about what the schedule used to look like, and how long we have been into this thing now. It's going to be a long way back...

Comment

Agreed!

I have to make my way from Sydney to Rome in the coming fortnight. This will be first time in a very long time that I haven't flown Singapore Airlines.

The fact that Qatar status-matched me for 12-months, gave a discounted incentive to re-qualify after that, threw in a free upgrade and are currently flying the SYD-FCO route also should be a worry for SQ going forward. Absolutely not because of insignificant me, but in the larger scheme of things in how many others Qatar has targeted who can, want, or need (in my case) to travel at present.

Comment

Originally posted by maestro View Post
        Dear all,

The August schedule can now be found here:

https://www.singaporeair.com/en_UK/s...t/?id=k88gnin9
        The increase is only 7% of all SIA flights. In other aviation news its stated that airlines will now focus on smaller and medium sized aircrafts for the next 2 years due to the low passenger take up expected. Believed that the A380s will be the most affected and many will not see any flights for at almost 2 years and many will be retired.

Comment

Maybe SQ should just operate using Silkair’s A320/738s for as Long as their range allows 😂 unless cargo space take up is really that worthwhile

Comment

Originally posted by ell3 View Post
            Maybe SQ should just operate using Silkair’s A320/738s for as Long as their range allows 😂 unless cargo space take up is really that worthwhile
            SIA uses the widebody planes more so for its belly cargo capacity, as SIA have been using these planes for just cargo purposes for some time now, and now will just carry some passengers.

Comment

Interested to see Paris is back on the menu, maybe my October dream is still flickering...

Comment

Originally posted by Bytor View Post
                Interested to see Paris is back on the menu, maybe my October dream is still flickering...
                That is if Singapore doesn't impose a 14 days quarantine/SHN after returning from overseas, assuming you live in Singapore.

Comment

Originally posted by zilchster View Post
                  That is if Singapore doesn't impose a 14 days quarantine/SHN after returning from overseas, assuming you live in Singapore.
                  and if they remove the restriction on insurance covering covid-19 treatment if you choose to travel overseas

Comment

Originally posted by zilchster View Post
                    As I do live in Singapore, that is the key question(!)

Comment

Any chance SFO (either direct flight or via HKG) will come back soon? LAX has the most confirmed cases in the last month out of SQ's US destinations, and it's interesting to see that SQ keeps LAX.

Comment

Originally posted by SQ002 View Post
                        Any chance SFO (either direct flight or via HKG) will come back soon? LAX has the most confirmed cases in the last month out of SQ's US destinations, and it's interesting to see that SQ keeps LAX.
                        i think its less of cases, but rather which is a more popular route

Comment

Working...
                        X