Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Where to go one night away from Singapore?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

my vote: Kuala Lumpur - sorry !

Comment

JOHOR BARU?

Still can't believe after around 130 PPS sectors this year, I've only cleared immigration and entered Singapore ONCE.
      My Past, Present, Future Flights (Flights from March 2007 to Present to Future)

Comment

Originally posted by cawhite View Post
        That was my thought. It's far enough removed from the city that perhaps it would fit the bill?
        Apparently still not far enough.

Comment

Originally posted by AJLondon View Post
          Apparently still not far enough.
          Absolutely correct. A run to London should be feasible, as long as you promise to cheer me up..

Comment

A relaxing one-day trip for me would mean getting some time away from urban crowds and enjoying a more-than-decent hotel that has a good beach/mountain, decent food, and a good spa. You might want to consider CEB (PPS sectors on MI), specifically the Mactan Shangri-La. You could saunter over to the Hilton if you prefer the restaurants / bar there; there's a private beach (very small, though, compared to that of, say, the Conrad at Bali); the Shangri-La's CHI Spa is on site; and the MI flights give you just enough time at SIN to take advantage of the SKL. Friendly natives, too.

Warning, though: the people may mistake you for a Filipino because you look like one of us so you might get a lot of Tagalog or Cebuano (Sugbuhanon) thrown at you at first. Also, CEB as an airport is sorely lacking in departure facilities (though the arrival experience is much more sane than MNL's).
            ‘Lean into the sharp points’

Comment

Hmmm ... very interesting recommendation. I was talking to J777 and was thinking to go to Conrad Bali, again. But SQ flight that morning Dec 4 is completely sold-out.
              BKK is one other option since I have my best friend who wants to get special delivery of household stuff from North America. But BKK is too busy, and again will remind me of what is going on in Singapore that day.
              Hey, J777, where would you be interested to go?
              CEB looks great in schedule.
              MI566 SIN-9:05 CEB-12:45
              MI588 CEB-15:40 SIN-19:10

StarG mentioned something about CGK and we can head back tohether with him..

More ideas?

Comment

Originally posted by 9V-JKL View Post
                I'll be honoured if you let me buy you dinner on Mon night here in SIN :-)
                I missed this post.
                Thank you! Well more options to choose from. Well, if I decide to stay in Singapore, perhaps looking for hotel other than Sheraton. Hotel 81 perhaps? Definitely will have to decide what to do soon.

Comment

Originally posted by jjpb3 View Post
                  You might want to consider CEB (PPS sectors on MI), specifically the Mactan Shangri-La. You could saunter over to the Hilton if you prefer the restaurants / bar there; there's a private beach (very small, though, compared to that of, say, the Conrad at Bali); the Shangri-La's CHI Spa is on site; and the MI flights give you just enough time at SIN to take advantage of the SKL. Friendly natives, too.

Also, CEB as an airport is sorely lacking in departure facilities (though the arrival experience is much more sane than MNL's).
                  Good call, never thought of Cebu. I stayed at the Mactan Shangri-La there about 3 years ago. Nice place indeed. The Hilton wasn't open when I was there.

CEB itself was decent enough. I flew MI back to Changi and it was quiet at that time of day so quite enjoyable. They have a small lounge there that was decent enough, again it was quiet. Fabulous views of the landscape and islands on the flight back to Changi. Would recommend a window seat.
                  Last edited by MAN Flyer; 26 November 2006, 02:46 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by CGK View Post
                    Absolutely correct. A run to London should be feasible, as long as you promise to cheer me up..
                    I do!

Promise to cheer you up that is!

Comment

I will answer I DO only for the one who broke my heart recently.

Comment

I will answer I DO only for the one who broke my heart recently.
                        What about those who supposedly broke your heart a while ago?

Comment

What is the definition of "a while ago"?

Comment

Whichever timeframe suits you the most.

Comment

Originally posted by AJLondon View Post
                              Whichever timeframe suits you the most.
                              You mean around 10 pm tonight, you made another proposal to one of the attendee of a certain gatherings? How was the meeting? Any cute one for me?

Comment

I missed this post.
                                Thank you! Well more options to choose from. Well, if I decide to stay in Singapore, perhaps looking for hotel other than Sheraton. Hotel 81 perhaps? Definitely will have to decide what to do soon.
                                Just let me what your plans is and we can always arrange somehow BTW, some Hotel 81s are really decent like Chinatown, Bencoolen; that's of course if you even want to consider in the 1st place

Comment

Working...
                                X