SQ is flying to CPT daily

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• SQ is flying to CPT daily

Don't see this posted anywhere but I just found out SQ is flying to CPT daily from 26 March 2018. I first learnt about it from a reschedule notice I got from SIA regarding my JNB flight. Apparently, JNB flights with no tag on to CPT on Mons, Thurs and Sats will continue on to CPT. Great for commercial customers, but repeatedly, these non tag on flights were the easiest to score premium saver awards to JNB

Originally posted by EWR View Post
    Don't see this posted anywhere but I just found out SQ is flying to CPT daily from 26 March 2018. I first learnt about it from a reschedule notice I got from SIA regarding my JNB flight. Apparently, JNB flights with no tag on to CPT on Mons, Thurs and Sats will continue on to CPT. Great for commercial customers, but repeatedly, these non tag on flights were the easiest to score premium saver awards to JNB
    Here’s the respective announcement from SIA:

Singapore Airlines To Launch Daily Services To Cape Town

21 December 2017 - Singapore Airlines (SIA) will be increasing flight frequency to Cape Town, South Africa, to meet growing travel demand.

Cape Town will be served with a daily flight via Johannesburg, up from the current four flights per week, with effect from 26 March 2018. The additional flights will complement SIA’s current daily service to Johannesburg and operate as SQ478 (Singapore—Johannesburg--Cape Town) and SQ479 (Cape Town--Johannesburg--Singapore).

SIA will operate flights to Cape Town and Johannesburg using its Airbus A350-900 aircraft. The aircraft seats 253 customers in three classes, with 42 in Business Class, 24 in Premium Economy Class and 187 in Economy Class.

The new flights are subject to regulatory approvals. Tickets will be made available for sale progressively through the various distribution channels.

Flight Schedules*

Flight Number and Routing Days of Operation Time of Departure Time of Arrival
    SQ478 Singapore-Johannesburg Tuesday, Wednesday, Friday, Sunday 01:25 06:10
    SQ478 Johannesburg-Cape Town Tuesday, Wednesday, Friday, Sunday 07:10 09:25
    SQ479 Cape Town-Johannesburg Tuesday, Wednesday, Friday, Sunday 10:40 12:40
    SQ479 Johannesburg-Singapore Tuesday, Wednesday, Friday, Sunday 13:45 06:10+1
    SQ478 Singapore-Johannesburg Monday, Thursday, Saturday 02:00 06:35
    SQ478 Johannesburg-Cape Town Monday, Thursday, Saturday 07:35 09:45
    SQ479 Cape Town-Johannesburg Monday, Thursday, Saturday 11:00 12:55
    SQ479 Johannesburg-Singapore Monday, Thursday, Saturday 13:55 06:10+1

*All times stated are local based on a launch date of 26 March 2018

Comment

Working...
    X