Re-animation of SQ601 SFO-SIN

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re-animation of SQ601 SFO-SIN

Just booked on this flight from SFO-SIN via HKG. Funny thing is this flight has not existed since Feb 2016 only appears on the schedule from 2018. It looks like its a re-timed flight from SQ1 which departs at 00:05 whereas SQ601 is at 23:15.

The good thing is since this is a "new" flight the J redemptions seem to be wide open.

But was wondering what is the rational for this? Anybody knows?

Originally posted by lowd1 View Post
    Just booked on this flight from SFO-SIN via HKG. Funny thing is this flight has not existed since Feb 2016 only appears on the schedule from 2018. It looks like its a re-timed flight from SQ1 which departs at 00:05 whereas SQ601 is at 23:15.

The good thing is since this is a "new" flight the J redemptions seem to be wide open.

But was wondering what is the rational for this? Anybody knows?
    On SQ's side I am not sure but about retimed flights, for example, when CX switches to the Winter schedule at the end of October, because these flights depart at midnight, 872 will go back as CX2873 meaning 873 is operates the same evening (past midnight maybe about 23 hours ago). I think when the Summer schedule at the end of March begins one day is omitted for 873 meaning a midnight departure.

I heard of SQ601 operating at one point but not sure what the rational really is. What's mentioned above is the best of my knowledge.

Comment

My assumption is that the databases and IT systems that manage flights and airports are predicated upon the rule that you can only have one flight using each number on each day- a day being from 0:00 to 23:59. To have a second departure, partcularly to the same destination, in that same period, with the same flight number would cause a data error. If a schedule change causes more than one within this period due to winter-summer time shift, the second flight could not be assigned the same number.

Comment

Reason: Singapore Airshow

Comment

Ok. Makes sense

Comment

Working...
          X