Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Headphones - do you need to assemble them/put it together?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Headphones - do you need to assemble them/put it together?

Hi I am new to this site and have recently just completed my first Singapore Airliners flights, they were: Melbourne- Singapore- Male vv.

One thing that I notice on each flight was that when they gave out headphones, each passenger had to put it together.

My question is that why does a 5 star airline make there passengers make up the headphones themselves?
    I am not sure about other airlines but Qantas gives them out it to you ready made.

Ps sorry if this has been asked before.

Firstly, welcome to SQTalk

What do you mean by put it together? Did it come in a quite a few parts, or was it just the foam earpieces having to be attached to the headphones itself?

I've seen the latter, but never the former, i.e highly difficult and technical assembly

Comment

Originally posted by TAZ MAN View Post
      Hi I am new to this site and have recently just completed my first Singapore Airliners flights, they were: Melbourne- Singapore- Male vv.

One thing that I notice on each flight was that when they gave out headphones, each passenger had to put it together.

My question is that why does a 5 star airline make there passengers make up the headphones themselves?
      I am not sure about other airlines but Qantas gives them out it to you ready made.

Hygiene purposes. The foam bits are not reused unlike some airlines.

Comment

Originally posted by Nick C View Post
        Hygiene purposes. The foam bits are not reused unlike some airlines.
        Never reused? I hope they recycle them at least.

In any case, SQ can still attach new foam earpieces onto the headphones before handing them to the passenger?

Comment

Originally posted by TAZ MAN View Post

I've never had to do anything more than attach the foam pieces for hygiene and comfort purposes...

Comment

I prefer that it comes separate - that way I know for sure nobody else has used it. It's not that hard to put together, and hardly an inconvenience.

Comment

Originally posted by fimo View Post
              I prefer that it comes separate - that way I know for sure nobody else has used it. It's not that hard to put together, and hardly an inconvenience.
              Quite.
              All opinions shared are my own, and are not necessarily those of my employer or any other organisation of which I'm affiliated to.

Comment

Thanks for the quick replies
                I guess I am just used to them being ready to plug in.
                Not to worry though! What’s 1 min in an 8-hour flight?
                Thanks again

Comment

I use my own onboard..... of course with the adaptor plug...
                  This is a computer generated message, no signature required....

Comment

The funny thing is in J you actually don't get the 'foam' - so you are reusing someone else's headphone. That is why I bring my own...

Comment

Originally posted by andySYD View Post
                      The funny thing is in J you actually don't get the 'foam' - so you are reusing someone else's headphone. That is why I bring my own...
                      As far as I know, SQ will disinfect those headphones using disinfectant wipes.

Comment

Originally posted by andySYD View Post
                        Originally posted by singaporu_kooku View Post
                        As far as I know, SQ will disinfect those headphones using disinfectant wipes.
                        I don't know if SQ only disinfects with wipes - but the foam part of the J headphones are detachable, and maybe I'm being naive by assuming so but from the design I expect that these are detached for ease of replacement and cleaning.

Comment

Working...
                        X