Singapore Airlines Flight Delays & Disruptions

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by Bon View Post
    SQ308 SIN-LHR (2JUN18) took off almost 3 hours late (9V-SKS)
    A number of flights were delayed actually.

The inclement weather (with lightning warning) really hampered operations that morning. Almost STD and only then were they able to re-position 9V-SKS to gate B2 from the remote bay. Gate was originally B7 but SQ241's aircraft was still occupying the gate and loading cargo when the gate was supposed to open for SQ308. They also had to re-position an MU A332 from B2 to B1 to make the A380 gate available.
    Singapore Airlines - A great way to fly...

Comment

• Did 9V-SYH go tech in MNL after operating SQ916 on 4th June?

Comment

• Originally posted by 9V-SPL View Post
        A number of flights were delayed actually.

The inclement weather (with lightning warning) really hampered operations that morning. Almost STD and only then were they able to re-position 9V-SKS to gate B2 from the remote bay. Gate was originally B7 but SQ241's aircraft was still occupying the gate and loading cargo when the gate was supposed to open for SQ308. They also had to re-position an MU A332 from B2 to B1 to make the A380 gate available.
        I was on 319 Saturday, SKS was already at the gate as it's the one opposite at LHR T2 at 20.20 so was it an issue there? Weather was fine in London that day.

Comment

• Originally posted by pokfur View Post
          Did 9V-SYH go tech in MNL after operating SQ916 on 4th June?
          Yes, instead of returning as SQ921 on the same day, there was technical fault and delayed till 2350hrs with arrival at 0300+1. But it was subsequently delayed and operated as SQ915 the next day. The A330 serving SQ918 operated as SQ9921 the next morning at 10am.

Comment

• Originally posted by Bytor View Post
            I was on 319 Saturday, SKS was already at the gate as it's the one opposite at LHR T2 at 20.20 so was it an issue there? Weather was fine in London that day.
            I think he meant the weather in Singapore. Weather in Singapore on Saturday morning was crazy. Flights were delayed. Someone I knew on SQ876 was stuck for slightly more than an hour on the ground as there was a huge queue of planes waiting to take off.

Comment

• Anyone know why SQ2 (Operated by 9V-SWW) was delayed til 10PM Monday? I discovered lots of flights were also delayed (SIN-HKG) as well. Is it weather related? Because I could not find any news articles citing anything related to the weather in HKG, it must have been dry that day.

Comment

• Also, SQ825 (Operated by 9V-SWN) is delayed and FR24 indicates that it has not yet departed PVG. Anybody know why?

Comment

• most of the delays are tech issues rather than weather as a fair number of SQ's aircrafts are older and reaching 10 years and more and even above 15 years old, while there are some teething tech issues with some of the new A350s.

Comment

• Originally posted by flyguy View Post
                    most of the delays are tech issues rather than weather as a fair number of SQ's aircrafts are older and reaching 10 years and more and even above 15 years old, while there are some teething tech issues with some of the new A350s.
                    I understand but HKG flights, quite a lot were delayed so it could be a weather issue.

Comment

• interesting but HKG weather since 2 weeks was fairly hot and at one time went up t record 38C but no heavy rain or typhoon since then up to now.

Comment

• Originally posted by SQfanatic View Post
                        Anyone know why SQ2 (Operated by 9V-SWW) was delayed til 10PM Monday? I discovered lots of flights were also delayed (SIN-HKG) as well. Is it weather related? Because I could not find any news articles citing anything related to the weather in HKG, it must have been dry that day.
                        T1 yesterday and upgraded to a T3 this morning.

Comment

• Originally posted by SINFJ View Post
                          T1 yesterday and upgraded to a T3 this morning.
                          So it is weather related, and from what you're saying it is a typhoon and signal number. Just googled and seen a few sources regarding that.

Comment

• SQ825 has still not left according to FR24. Also, according to iCargo, it says it is expected to arrive at midnight tonight.

UPDATE: FR24 says it's estimated to arrive sometime past midnight.
                            Last edited by SQfanatic; 7 June 2018, 10:58 PM.

Comment

• Originally posted by PPSFlyer View Post
                              I think he meant the weather in Singapore. Weather in Singapore on Saturday morning was crazy. Flights were delayed. Someone I knew on SQ876 was stuck for slightly more than an hour on the ground as there was a huge queue of planes waiting to take off.
                              Yes, I got that - my point was that the plane was already at LHR 2 hours before scheduled departure and it went 3 hours late apparently. We've all sat on the Changi tarmac while the weather clears, it's such fun(!) It always happens when I am a short flight and no chance to catch up much time.

Funnily enough, although not really funny, we flew from Tours to Stansted last week (29 May) with Ryanair, and the incoming flight was almost 2 hours late due to a massive thunderstorm around London, unusual back in Blighty this time of the year.

Comment

• Originally posted by Bytor View Post
                                Yes, I got that - my point was that the plane was already at LHR 2 hours before scheduled departure and it went 3 hours late apparently. We've all sat on the Changi tarmac while the weather clears, it's such fun(!) It always happens when I am a short flight and no chance to catch up much time.
                                SQ308 arrives in LHR at 1540 and doesn't depart as SQ321 until 2205. So a delay of about or under 5 hours on SQ308 wouldn't really affect SQ321's departure schedule-wise.

Speaking of which, SQ308|11JUN (SIN-LHR; 9V-SKL) today is delayed as well. 9V-SKR had some engineering issues, resulting in an aircraft change.

STD: 0900
                                ETD: 1130
                                ATD: 1229
                                Singapore Airlines - A great way to fly...

Comment

Working...
                                X