KrisWorld smart phone connection

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• KrisWorld smart phone connection

I remember Panasonic releasing a statement a while back announcing a new mobile phone/ tablet to KrisWorld wireless connection. Seems like a sweet idea! On a recent flight I noticed the pairing option, which just said "coming soon" when tapped. SQ just posted a pic on Instagram with a tablet seemingly linked to KrisWorld. Cool things to come!

Fly well,
    Travel safe,
    And have a pleasant journey.

Originally posted by SQ747 View Post
    I remember Panasonic releasing a statement a while back announcing a new mobile phone/ tablet to KrisWorld wireless connection. Seems like a sweet idea! On a recent flight I noticed the pairing option, which just said "coming soon" when tapped. SQ just posted a pic on Instagram with a tablet seemingly linked to KrisWorld. Cool things to come!

Indeed. SIA just updated the SingaporeAir Android app over at the app store, which says the features are already available for the new A350s.

Comment

Wow nice! Things are looking good!

Comment

Some more info about it here:

http://beta.singaporeair.com/jsp/cms...916-160303.jsp

To make use of the app, customers can install the SingaporeAir tablet application on their device prior to the aircraft’s departure. Once on board, they can link their device to the IFE system using the aircraft’s in-flight WiFi network. Connecting to KrisWorld, the Airline’s award-winning IFE system, will then allow for movies, TV shows or music to be launched on the seat monitor, directly from their list of favourites or from the entire media list.

Linking the app to the IFE system also enables the personal device to be used as a remote control, to pause, play, or skip through media content. SIA will be the first airline in the world to enable this on a Panasonic in-flight entertainment system. Customers will be able to multi-task, thereby maximising their experience of KrisWorld, such as by browsing through the index of KrisWorld content on their device while watching a movie on the seat monitor. Customers can even access real-time information on the flight progress and flight path without interrupting their movie viewing.
        On the A350s now, will be rolled out to other aircraft in the future.

Comment

Bringing up an old thread for the only reference I could find...….

I was on the A350 the week before last, to HKG, and couldn't get the App to sync with the seat. I could connect to the plane's WiFi but there was no link to Connect. Can be done from WiFi right, and not a cable?

I wasn't logged into a WiFi internet account since not in J or PPS, though connected, but was Y as KFG.

Comment

This happens to me sometimes. My phone shows that I am connected to the wifi, but I am unable to get to the log in page. It just shows a blank page and despite refreshing or restarting my phone, I am still not able to get to the log in page.

Comment

Originally posted by PPSFlyer View Post
              This happens to me sometimes. My phone shows that I am connected to the wifi, but I am unable to get to the log in page. It just shows a blank page and despite refreshing or restarting my phone, I am still not able to get to the log in page.
              If this happens try to go to neverssl.com - It should kick it into life.

Comment

Originally posted by PPSFlyer View Post
                Happen to me to. In the silverkris or krisworld magazine is the entertainment section on internet connectivity there is url to type if you are not automatically connected. Can’t recall but I do rembember it’s there.

Comment

Originally posted by FN-GM View Post
                  If this happens try to go to neverssl.com - It should kick it into life.
                  Thanks. I will try it next time.

Originally posted by alian View Post
                  Happen to me to. In the silverkris or krisworld magazine is the entertainment section on internet connectivity there is url to type if you are not automatically connected. Can’t recall but I do rembember it’s there.
                  Thanks for the info. Shows how much I flip their magazines.

Comment

I get a login page for internet but I'm not going to pay and don't have free access. From memory I connect through the app okay but cannot link to the seat.

Comment

Tried it. Didn't work. Typical SIA, their IT stuff tend to be half baked.

Comment

Originally posted by Boy View Post
                        Tried it. Didn't work. Typical SIA, their IT stuff tend to be half baked.
                        Half bake ? ... more like missing the oven

Comment

Working...
                        X