New SKL in LHR T2

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by MAN Flyer View Post
    In here now, and I do like the F side. I have banged on enough about my dislike of windowless/dark lounges, no matter how good the facilities, but this place has huge floor to ceiling windows and is very bright and airy. It does get the sun shining straight in during the afternoon so they have got blinds as well.

There are four or five staff serving in here, which was a bit much initially as I was the only one in for a while. There is a number of hot and cold food items and they also give you a TPR style menu where you can order stuff from the kitchen.

Slightly bizarrely there is a (wo)manned bar in the J side but not in the F side, although that is covered by all the staff who get the drinks for you. There is a small 'island' with the buckets containing white wines, prosecco and champagne, which is Laurent Perrier for those who care about these things.
    I could not agree more - such a pleasant lounge! great views, lovely shower with decent toiletries, the familiar laksa and btw the gin is Hendricks for those who care about these things!

Comment

Originally posted by 9V-SIA View Post
      We shared the Full English Breakfast, which was very good. The quality is there.

I should add that the menu stresses that their raw materials come from specific farms.

I like that transparency in view of some recent revelations of fast food joints

The chicken we had wanted to try was only available from 10am. Next time!
      Does the cafe serve his famous tipsy toast? I'm dying to have it again

Comment

Had a chance to use the new SilverKris Lounge at Heathrow Terminal 2B.

I put my short video clips and pictures into this video/pic compilation. Enjoy!
        http://youtu.be/4rV8Q54raSk

Comment

Originally posted by Guitarsingapore View Post

I put my short video clips and pictures into this video/pic compilation. Enjoy!
          http://youtu.be/4rV8Q54raSk
          Nice video thanks!

Comment

Originally posted by Guitarsingapore View Post
            Thanks for the review! Did your video feature any part of the first class section?

Comment

Originally posted by grignard View Post
              Thanks for the review! Did your video feature any part of the first class section?
              Unfortunately not. I wasn't flying in First, so I don't think they would have let me in!

Comment

Time to find an excuse for a trip back to LHR. Nice one, GuitarSingapore!

Comment

Originally posted by CarbonMan View Post
                  Time to find an excuse for a trip back to LHR. Nice one, GuitarSingapore!
                  Thanks. Pretty cool lounge.

Comment

Not 100% sure it's him but if not the guy currently in the SKL F side sure looks a lot like President Tony Tan, and with the official looking people hanging around if not him it's someone who seem to be important......

Comment

Not 100% sure it's him but if not the guy currently in the SKL F side sure looks a lot like President Tony Tan, and with the official looking people hanging around if not him it's someone who seem to be important......
                      He was in France this past week, this we know, but in LHR?

Comment

Originally posted by 9V-JKL View Post
                        He was in France this past week, this we know, but in LHR?
                        It was definitely him, I asked the dragon on the way out.

Comment

How could you not recognise him with his signature swept back white hair. Met him on a flight once, he's quite friendly.

Comment

Originally posted by CarbonMan View Post
                            How could you not recognise him with his signature swept back white hair. Met him on a flight once, he's quite friendly.
                            Am surprised he was in the SQ lounge, or even in the commercial/public side of the airport for that matter - like any major airport, I suppose LHR has an dedicated pavilion for officials ?
                            Unless he was on a private visit after official trip to France...

Wondering what's the Istana travel policy like ? fly First class only above 4 hours ?

Comment

Originally posted by Durian View Post
                              Am surprised he was in the SQ lounge, or even in the commercial/public side of the airport for that matter - like any major airport, I suppose LHR has an dedicated pavilion for officials ?
                              Unless he was on a private visit after official trip to France...
                              Indeed, his official itinerary did not state London. Like many of us, he may have mixed business with pleasure.

Originally posted by Durian View Post
                              Wondering what's the Istana travel policy like ? fly First class only above 4 hours ?
                              Well, we need to be thankful that Singapore didn't invest in some lux private jet like its neighbour.

Comment

Wondering what's the Istana travel policy like ? fly First class only above 4 hours ? [/QUOTE]

IIRC think it's FC by default for PM/President etc. since it's easier to secure a smaller cabin.

Comment

Working...
                                X