SQTalk  

Go Back   SQTalk > Singapore Airlines > All About Singapore Airlines

Old 8th August 2018, 03:20 AM   #1
Buster CT1K
SQTalk Elite Silver

Default SIN-FRA SQ 26

Q1: We are flying in suites. I am being offered two book the cook options under Japanese: "Japanese Meal" and "Kyo Kaiseki." What's the difference?

Q2: Is there still security re-screening at FRA for passengers going on to JFK? The January 2018 Singapore-EU one stop security agreement should have eliminated re-screening at FRA but I do not know if that has been enhanced yet.

Last edited by Buster CT1K; 8th August 2018 at 03:53 AM..
Buster CT1K is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 8th August 2018, 09:53 AM   #2
WBT
SQTalker

Quote:
Originally Posted by Buster CT1K View Post
Q2: Is there still security re-screening at FRA for passengers going on to JFK? The January 2018 Singapore-EU one stop security agreement should have eliminated re-screening at FRA but I do not know if that has been enhanced yet.
A few months ago the re-screening was gone at FRA. Flying SQ26 again in a few days so I'm hoping it hasn't been reinstated!
WBT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 8th August 2018, 10:08 PM   #3
9V-SKU
SQTalk Elite Silver

Programs: PPS Club

Quote:
Q1: We are flying in suites. I am being offered two book the cook options under Japanese: "Japanese Meal" and "Kyo Kaiseki." What's the difference?

I wouldnít recommend the Japanese or Kyo Kaiseki meals unless your flight departs Japan. Itís always been disappointing for me outside of Japan including on SQ26.
9V-SKU is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11th August 2018, 11:25 PM   #4
alian
SQTalk PPS Club

Programs: SQ PPS

Quote:

I took SQ26 from JFK to SIN recently technically no security re screen in FRA but you must be ultra careful once you disembark from the plane to take the stairs down to the departure gates (esp biz passengers on upper deck) if you take the steps out the doors they will be very strict and ask you to re screen.

But then in all honesty if you do make that mistake it just another 5 min annoyance just walk straight thru to security screening and then take the stairs down don’t waste time trying to argue with the security especially after recent security lapse in FRA

Last edited by alian; 12th August 2018 at 06:32 PM..
alian is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12th August 2018, 09:03 AM   #5
SQ228
SQTalk Life Solitaire PPS

Programs: KFEG

Quote:
Originally Posted by alian View Post
I took SQ26 from JFK to SIN recently technically no security re screen in FRA but you must be ultra careful once you disembark from the plane to take the stairs down to the departure gates (esp biz passengers on upper deck) if you take the steps out the doors they will be very strict and ask you to re screen.

But then in all honesty if you do make that mistake it just another 5 min annoyance Judy walk straight thru to security screen, chrome and then take the stairs down donít waste time trying to argue with the security especially after recent security lapse in FRA
Never argue with German security personnel!
SQ228 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12th August 2018, 11:28 AM   #6
Jumbojet Lover
SQTalk PPS Club

Programs: Krisflyer, TrueBlue, Flying Blue, AAdvantage

Quote:
Originally Posted by alian View Post

But then in all honesty if you do make that mistake it just another 5 min annoyance Judy walk straight thru to security screen, chrome and then take the stairs down don’t waste time trying to argue with the security especially after recent security lapse in FRA
I flew JFK-FRA-SIN return twice last year and there was security screening only when flying to the U.S., so at FRA after arriving from SIN continuing to JFK. There was no screening after JFK-FRA before continuing to SIN.
Jumbojet Lover is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 13th August 2018, 12:56 AM   #7
WBT
SQTalker

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jumbojet Lover View Post
I flew JFK-FRA-SIN return twice last year and there was security screening only when flying to the U.S., so at FRA after arriving from SIN continuing to JFK. There was no screening after JFK-FRA before continuing to SIN.
Just got off SQ 26 at JFK and the security screening at FRA is not required, same as two months ago.
WBT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 13th August 2018, 03:37 AM   #8
Jumbojet Lover
SQTalk PPS Club

Programs: Krisflyer, TrueBlue, Flying Blue, AAdvantage

Quote:
Originally Posted by WBT View Post
Just got off SQ 26 at JFK and the security screening at FRA is not required, same as two months ago.
Ahh ok. I would appreciate that, except that my next flight from NYC is the non-stop via EWR so I don't know when I'll fly JFK-FRA-SIN again.
Jumbojet Lover is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 17th August 2018, 05:55 AM   #9
Buster CT1K
SQTalk Elite Silver

Quote:
Originally Posted by WBT View Post
Thank you, WBT!
Buster CT1K is offline   Reply With Quote