Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by ek&sq View Post
    According to the Flight Global article, the delivery schedule is:
    Sorry looks like I miss read the dates from the article.
    This makes more sense.

Comment

• Originally posted by SQ228 View Post
      I tend to agree, purely because we saw the first batch of A350s primarily replace the 77W on European routes, instead of the 772ER as had been previously expected.
      Just on top on my head, sorry if it is wrong, as far as I know the only European route that get A350 is AMS which used to be on 772ER.

DUS is new destination. Likewise DME-ARN.

Which European destination that used to be on 77W got repalce by A350?
      visit my blog

Comment

• Originally posted by lingua101 View Post
        Which European destination that used to be on 77W got repalce by A350?
        BCN, MXP, MAN, MUC

Comment

• Originally posted by ek&sq View Post
          So we should expect the first three A35Rs this year, and a fleet of 15 by the end of 2020 (assuming these are calendar years). The gap in A350 deliveries in 2021 is interesting. Perhaps SQ is leaving open the option to upgrade the last 10 to A35Ks as 77W replacements? It just seems to me there are way too many regionally configured planes coming in, even after accounting for fleet renewal.
          Will there be a fleet of 15 A350 regionals or more or less or a combo with more long haul?
          According to banx007. there's 8 regionals to be received till June '19.

Like you, I wonder if SQ has plans for 64 regional aircraft.

Comment

Based on these figures, taking into account the 7 A350 ULRs arriving shortly, the A350 regional would be a very small subfleet until 2021. Something about that doesn't quite add up.
            The delivery tally in the FG link only shows the 29 Boeing aircraft to be delivered to SQ in 2021. However they stated that a total of 43 aircraft will be delivered that year... this certainly means that there will also be 14 Airbus A350 aircraft arriving that year (which wasn’t included in the delivery breakdown).

Comment

• Originally posted by FN-GM View Post
              Although the 77W does have F they only have 4 seats SQ has been reducing the F count for many years. Besides aircraft replacements never have an identical seat count.

The 77X is a much bigger aircraft than the 77W. Its more likely the 77X will replace the A380s.

As well as this the 77X order isn't a firm order so I am not sure if those figures above include this.
              The A380 is a much, much bigger aircraft than the 779. I can see Singapore Airlines configuring their 779s with ~320 seats at most, which is far below the number of seats SQ is standardizing their A380 configuration in (471).

Comment

• Updated overview of the 772ER SV-series fleet usage:

Current remaining in service- SVB, SVC, SVE, SVJ, SVM, SVN

Current assigned flights:
                SQ213/226 PER
                SQ265/266 BNE
                SQ297/298 CHC
                SQ392/391 IST

From 01DEC, BNE will go A330 until 06JAN19. No information currently available after this date. Returning to 772ER would be the default position but not to be assumed.

From 28NOV, the 772ER will cover the 3x weekly additional CHC flight, SQ295/296, but from 07JAN19, the A359 will replace the 772 on the daily service, SQ297/298. When the additional flights end by 10FEB19, the 772 will no longer fly to CHC.

Aside from the above, these planes are seeing very little ad hoc usage filling in for regional craft when they break down. The above list of four currently assigned flights could easily be covered by 4 planes as IST and PER can interwork, even if IST was daily. From 10FEB19 they could get by easily with just SVB/C/E, removing all the others with old Y cabins.

Comment

Updated overview of the 772ER SV-series fleet usage:

Current remaining in service- SVB, SVC, SVE, SVJ, SVM, SVN

Current assigned flights:
                  SQ213/226 PER
                  SQ265/266 BNE
                  SQ297/298 CHC
                  SQ392/391 IST

From 01DEC, BNE will go A330 until 06JAN19. No information currently available after this date. Returning to 772ER would be the default position but not to be assumed.

From 28NOV, the 772ER will cover the 3x weekly additional CHC flight, SQ295/296, but from 07JAN19, the A359 will replace the 772 on the daily service, SQ297/298. When the additional flights end by 10FEB19, the 772 will no longer fly to CHC.

Aside from the above, these planes are seeing very little ad hoc usage filling in for regional craft when they break down. The above list of four currently assigned flights could easily be covered by 4 planes as IST and PER can interwork, even if IST was daily. From 10FEB19 they could get by easily with just SVB/C/E, removing all the others with old Y cabins.

Good counting. Well, that fits quite nicely with the fleet plan laid out for this FY which says we will be left with 3x 772ERs end of those FY. Unless the long haul A359 allocation changes to avail an extra craft to do IST, the remaining 772ERs will probably have to stick around awhile longer. Not sure which type will be suitable for the load of the IST flights after that though.

Comment

• Small trivia... ALL 6x 772ERs are in the air now. Fully utilised! Hahaha, not often do we see this.

Comment

• Former 9V-SVD & 9V-SVF are now with LATAM to cover for out of service 787s.

Comment

• Originally posted by a340-313x View Post
                        SQJ is actually quite a bit older than the rest of the birds so I'm guessing that's the one to go.
                        Saw SQJ without the titles at parking bay 300, remote stand today. It’s on its way out.

Comment

• Originally posted by ell3 View Post
                          Small trivia... ALL 6x 772ERs are in the air now. Fully utilised! Hahaha, not often do we see this.
                          And I was on 9V-SVB at the time of your post!

Comment

• I just learnt that the runway at WLG is only 2081m Long. I’m surprised a fully loaded 777 can take off from that?
                            Is that perhaps a reason why SQ flies only it’s 772Rs there? Not even a 77E (the SIN-CBR/MEL-WLG has never ever been substituted with a 77E)
                            Anyone understands this?

Comment

I just learnt that the runway at WLG is only 2081m Long. I’m surprised a fully loaded 777 can take off from that?
                              Is that perhaps a reason why SQ flies only it’s 772Rs there? Not even a 77E (the SIN-CBR/MEL-WLG has never ever been substituted with a 77E)
                              Anyone understands this?
                              Well, the flight goes WLG-MEL-SIN (WLG-CBR-SIN previously) on the return, so it is probably not fully loaded.
                              Singapore Airlines - A great way to fly...

Comment

I just learnt that the runway at WLG is only 2081m Long. I’m surprised a fully loaded 777 can take off from that?
                                Anyone understands this?
                                I believe the original reason for using the regional variant was to provide more J seats in the hope that there would be a demand for them between CBR and WLG. Clearly there wasn't though.

Comment

Working...
                                X