SQTalk  

Go Back   SQTalk > Singapore Airlines > SQ Catering and Amenities > Singapore Airlines Catering

Old 7th February 2019, 06:10 PM   #451
SQ228
SQTalk Life Solitaire PPS

Programs: KF Pleb

Quote:
Originally Posted by bishop9011 View Post
I thought that most airlines had banned the use of metal cutlery especially in Economy because of safety reasons and due to the fact that passengers are not allowed any metal objects in their hand-carry
I always have metal objects in my carry-on luggage. One of them is my phone. Another is my watch. I believe from time to time I may also have keys or coins with me as well.

All my cutlery on all my recent SQ flights has been metal. This includes all the flights sitting in Y. Are you suggesting that people in economy are more likely to act unsafely with metal cutlery compared to passengers in the premium classes?
SQ228 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 7th February 2019, 08:26 PM   #452
yflyer
SQTalk Life Solitaire PPS LPP3

Programs: Krisflyer/Star Gold, Qantas Gold/Oneworld Sapphire

Quote:
Originally Posted by bishop9011 View Post
I thought that most airlines had banned the use of metal cutlery especially in Economy because of safety reasons and due to the fact that passengers are not allowed any metal objects in their hand-carry
SQ still uses metal cutlery in Y, and I haven't flown EK recently but when I did a couple of years back, they used metal cutlery in Y too.

If there was a rule banning metal cutlery, it should apply to all cabins, not just Y...

Also, metal objects are fine in hand carry as long as they aren't perceived as dangerous.

(On the other hand, a bottle of water is perceived as dangerous...)
yflyer is offline   Reply With Quote