SQ to move to T3 at Jakarta

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by SQ957 View Post
    Out of topic, but couldn’t find a better thread for this.

CGK is getting the A350 Regional from 18 Dec on SQ964/965. Filling in gaps between ADL flights.
    Is there such thing A350 regional and non regional?

What is ADL flights?
    visit my blog

Comment

• Originally posted by lingua101 View Post
      http://www.sqtalk.com/forum/showthre...14697&page=145

Originally posted by lingua101 View Post
      What is ADL flights?
      I'm guessing ADL = Adelaide

Comment

What is ADL flights?
        ADL is Adelaide.

Comment

What is ADL flights?
          Yes. By December there will be three types of SQ A350:
          1. The standard "long haul" A350-900 (42J 24W 187Y), of which SQ has 21, with a MTOW of 275 tonnes
          2. The A350-900ULR (67J 94W), of which SQ will receive 7, with a 280t MTOW
          3. The A350-900 Regional (40J 263Y) with a reduced MTOW of 250 tonnes.

ADL = Adelaide.

Comment

• now confirm that SQ will move to T3 CGK on Nov 28th as the local news reported

Comment

• wonder which lounge will they use
              saphire plaza premium lounge near gate 4? or GA lounge

Comment

• Yup, baring last minute unforseen, confirm to move to T3. Saw the notice on check-in counter this morning. This is bad news. I dislike T3. Even until today, T3 is still a mess and the layout make no sense. Also, I asked about the lounge and it appears SQ will not have it's own dedicated lounge anymore after the move. At least for the time being.

Comment

• Originally posted by benlee View Post
                  Also, I asked about the lounge and it appears SQ will not have it's own dedicated lounge anymore after the move. At least for the time being.
                  At least this may be good news for Gold members as the T2 lounge (Pura Indah) is pretty bad compared to other lounge options in the region.

Comment

• Apparently, Gold members flying economy would not have lounge access anymore with the move to T3. They will instead be given meal vouchers to be redeemed at select restaurants.

Business, First and PPS passengers will have access to Saphire Plaza Premium Lounge near gate 5 (not to be confused with Saphire Lounge near gate 7).

https://mainlymiles.com/2018/11/20/k...-t3-next-week/

Comment

• Bad news for *G members but its necessary as the Saphire Plaza Premium Lounge won't be able to handle the entire crowd. I think its arguably the best lounge in CGK and I do enjoy spending time there. Hope SQ's gate won't be too far from the lounge and catering holds up with the influx of SQ pax starting next week. Still, fingers crossed SQ can successfully negotiate a lounge of their own in the (near) future!

Comment

• Originally posted by worldrally View Post
                        Bad news for *G members but its necessary as the Saphire Plaza Premium Lounge won't be able to handle the entire crowd. I think its arguably the best lounge in CGK and I do enjoy spending time there. Hope SQ's gate won't be too far from the lounge and catering holds up with the influx of SQ pax starting next week. Still, fingers crossed SQ can successfully negotiate a lounge of their own in the (near) future!
                        can SQ really do that?
                        visit my blog

Comment

• Originally posted by benlee View Post
                          Yup, baring last minute unforseen, confirm to move to T3. Saw the notice on check-in counter this morning. This is bad news. I dislike T3. Even until today, T3 is still a mess and the layout make no sense. Also, I asked about the lounge and it appears SQ will not have it's own dedicated lounge anymore after the move. At least for the time being.
                          me too. I despise this terminal. ANA is unfortunately using this terminal now. Guess how long it takes from getting out the plane to the car? Normally, it takes 30 mins or less in T2. Now that is (or was) a luxury. Just today, it took me 1.5 hours. No queue in immigration (though that new passport machine is also terrible, asking me to get out and repeat). No help either from the staffs.
                          Baggage was also quick. But why did it take 1.5 hours? A long walk, plus another long walk to car park, and waiting for the driver to come to pick me up. Complete blockage, and bad parking/car management. I wonder how will they cope when SQ moves with its 8 daily flights?

Coupled with the regular traffic jam, it took from 4pm (landing time) to 8.30 pm to my intended destination. Halfway of my flight from HND.

I never been to the international departure, but for domestic, they have those lounge which everybody can see who is inside. We've become an attraction like in zoo.

Pura Indah is a rather decent lounge with good food in my opinion, though. Tried to ask whether they will move to T3, but they did not know. I knew that my departure on 10 Nov with ANA would be my last in T2, so I took this chance to ask. My next departure will be with SQ from (unfortunately) T3.

Comment

• I am flying to Jakarta tomorrow, which is supposedly the first day of operations at T3. I am willing to be opened minded, but I am afraid that the experience will be a step down from T2.

Comment

• Originally posted by Short Final View Post
                              I am flying to Jakarta tomorrow, which is supposedly the first day of operations at T3. I am willing to be opened minded, but I am afraid that the experience will be a step down from T2.
                              It will definitely be a step down. SQ check-in counters are right smack in the middle of the terminal (Door 3). SQ’s counters C14-C20 and D1-3 are actually 100 meters apart. You can expect long walks to security/immigration and also to the gates.

On arrival, expect more (unnecessary) long walks and getting picked up in Terminal 3 is always a circus.

Comment

• Originally posted by Bon View Post
                                It will definitely be a step down. SQ check-in counters are right smack in the middle of the terminal (Door 3). SQ’s counters C14-C20 and D1-3 are actually 100 meters apart. You can expect long walks to security/immigration and also to the gates.

On arrival, expect more (unnecessary) long walks and getting picked up in Terminal 3 is always a circus.
                                fully agreed on this. long walks everywhere

Comment

Working...
                                X