Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Changes coming to TPP, and...? (now announced along with new PPS rewards & benefits)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by steeltrader View Post
    Additional PPS Club tier benefits

In addition to the existing PPS Club privileges, principal Solitaire PPS Club members will also enjoy these additional benefits from 1 June 2017:

- Non-expiry of miles. Now, your KrisFlyer miles will not expire as long as you remain a PPS Club member.

- Priority redemption. You will be given priority to Saver Awards flight availability.

- Preferred seating. Enjoy complimentary Preferred Seats when you fly in Premium Economy Class or Economy Class on Singapore Airlines, and Economy Class on SilkAir.

- Priority immigration. Fast track your way through selected airports. Eligible members from participating countries under the APEC Business Travel Card scheme will also be able to be reimbursed for the cost of the card.
    Clarification: All of the above is for all PPS members not just Solitaire.

Comment

Well, from my humble perspective, all the said 'enhancements' have long been accorded to PPS Club pax, just not set in stone. I have been cleared saver redemption on overbooked flights when just booking the day before and giving a call to Krisflyer. Also, if I'd ask for a preferred seat they'd usually gladly give it and Silkair usually blocks the first two rows of Y as well. Priority immigration etc...I doubt we'll see any use or implementation in Changi whereas outstation, just *G will usually do the trick.

I'd say the only 'enhancement' would be the spend incentives but given how high the thresholds are set for a small token like double points etc in return...not sure how much worth it'll be.

All in all, it's always a good thing they didn't remove any benefits And I think it's definitely positive that they're allowing existing TPPs to continue requalifying for 25k...in this case, retaining old TPPs and gaining new ones. But...it remains to be seen if the number of TPPs will swell and eventually, dilute the program's 'exclusivity' and put all these enhancements to waste. Priority waitlist, preferred seating etc will only be as effective as the number of people entitled to them is kept limited.

Comment

New PPS Club Benefits and Rewards

Dear Ms X,

We are pleased to introduce new enhancements to the PPS Club programme aimed at delivering greater rewards and recognition to our most valued members. These include the introduction of PPS Rewards, a series of milestone travel awards, and the addition of more PPS Club tier benefits.

Introducing the new PPS Rewards

From 1 June 2017, you'll be rewarded with the following milestone travel awards for each of the respective PPS Values you earn:

PPS Value earned
        during membership
        year (S$) PPS Reward
        30,000 Double KrisFlyer Miles Rewards
        Receive two vouchers, each of which allows you to earn twice the miles for a single flight segment.
        40,000 50,000 KrisFlyer Miles Redemption Discount
        Enjoy a 50,000 miles discount on your next award flight or one-cabin class redemption upgrade.

Additional PPS Club tier benefits

In addition to your existing PPS Club privileges, you will also enjoy these additional benefits from 1 June 2017:

- Non-expiry of miles. Now, your KrisFlyer miles will not expire as long as you remain a PPS Club member.

- Priority redemption. You will be given priority to Saver Awards flight availability.

- Preferred seating. Enjoy complimentary Preferred Seats when you fly in Premium Economy Class or Economy Class on Singapore Airlines, and Economy Class on SilkAir.

- Priority immigration. Fast track your way through selected airports.

Changes to Solitaire PPS Club qualification and requalification criteria

From 1 June 2018, we will also be making adjustments to the qualification and renewal criteria for Solitaire PPS Club membership. Members who accrue S$50, 000 PPS Value in a membership year will qualify into the Solitaire PPS Club. To requalify, members will similarly need to accrue S$50, 000 PPS Value a year. Changes will also be made to the validity period of PPS Reserve Value from 1 June 2018. With this change, it will now be faster for you to qualify into the Solitaire PPS Club.

Solitaire PPS Club membership
        For Solitaire PPS Club members who attain Solitaire status before 1 June 2018
        (current membership structure) For Solitaire PPS Club members who attain Solitaire status on/after 1 June 2018
        (new membership structure)
        PPS Value required for qualification S$250,000
        over a maximum of 5 consecutive years S$50,000
        in 1 year
        PPS Value required for renewal S$25,000
        in 1 year S$50,000
        in 1 year
        Reserve Value validity period 6 years
        3 years

These changes are part of our commitment to continually enhance our PPS Club programme to make it even more rewarding for our most valued members. Thank you for your continued support and we hope to welcome you onboard our flights soon.

Learn more with this link:
        http://www.singaporeair.com/en_UK/sg...S_Club_Refresh

What do you guys think of the new enhancement?

Comment

I think all the lower life forms (KFEG/ES and below) will hardly get to redeem any long-haul Suites

First the QPPS use their advance upgrade vouchers, then all the PPS redeem based on the priority saver redemption.

Remember, the PPS will also have more miles given the 2x double miles vouchers and 1x 50,000 miles off voucher.

Comment

Originally posted by WBT View Post
            I don't think you can. I recall reading this in a FAQ on the SQ website (see the link alian posted upthread, but I can't find it anymore.)
            I don't think it's answered in any of the FAQs...

Here's an illustration, assuming the new qualification scheme has kicked in.

Example: As a QPPS i spend $35k in this year, and therefore requalify as QPP, with a $10k reserve value. In the subsequent year, do I need to just spend $40k (plus $10k reserve) to hit $50k to become Solitaire? Or do I need to actually spend $50k within that year? If it's the latter, what happens to my PPS Reserve value??

Comment

Originally posted by pokfur View Post

Example: As a QPPS i spend $35k in this year, and therefore requalify as QPP, with a $10k reserve value. In the subsequent year, do I need to just spend $40k (plus $10k reserve) to hit $50k to become Solitaire? Or do I need to actually spend $50k within that year? If it's the latter, what happens to my PPS Reserve value??

Hi pokfur, I don't think so. Based on the information, the $50k spend has to be done 'in 1 year'. So theoretically, failing to meet the $50k threshold by spending only $35k in a particular qualifying year would mean that you're back to $0 at the end of the year in terms of TPP qualification and you have to start all over again.

Otherwise, it'll be just like the old system where you have 5 years to spend $250k and it doesn't matter if you spent $0 or $250k in one and you can take as long as you'd like to hit $50k so long as your reserve value doesn't expire, which will be quite 'easy' to qualify for TPP. Pretty much a 1/5 reduction in qualifying criteria.

Your PPS value would still be relevant in counting towards your next year of QPP requalification in that case.

Comment

Originally posted by wdranne View Post
                Hi pokfur, I don't think so.

You have completely misunderstood what he is asking.

It is an excellent, and yet concerning, question. If they don't allow reserve value to contribute towards future years' TPPS qualification value then this is a horrible change to the program. Why would they not address such a critical point in their FAQs? Unless it is in there and I have missed it. However, I just can't see it being this way because they would effectively be removing the concept of reserve value under the new structure. I may call to clarify but I don't think any of their agents will know.

Comment

The reserve value is just meant to provide a cushion if you fail to re qualify for the current status (either QPPS or TPPS). Lets say you are QPPS but made just 15k in your qualifying year, but you have still 10k reserve value you will get another year QPPS. Same would apply if you would be TPPS and you are short of PPS value.

Under the current scheme, the reserve value is not counted for TPPS qualification if your current status is QPPS. So to me there will be no change to the current system.

So coming back to your example: You require 50k to qualify for TPPS regardless of your current reserve value. If you would do 40K, 15K would be added to the 10K you already got and you would be QPPS for another year an your reserve value would increase to 25K. You could skip for qualification for next year as your reserve value would be enough to maintain status for another year.
                  Last edited by SQ025; 31 May 2017, 09:52 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by SQ025 View Post
                    The reserve value is just meant to provide a cushion if you fail to re qualify for the current status (either QPPS or TPPS). Lets say you are QPPS but made just 15k in your qualifying year, but you have still 10k reserve value you will get another year QPPS. Same would apply if you would be TPPS and you are short of PPS value.

Under the current scheme, the reserve value is not counted for TPPS qualification if your current status is QPPS. So to me there will be no change to the current system.

So coming back to your example: You require 50k to qualify for TPPS regardless of your current reserve value. If you would do 40K, 15K would be added to the 10K you already got and you would be QPPS for another year an your reserve value would increase to 25K. You could skip for qualification for next year as your reserve value would be enough to maintain status for another year.
                    Thanks for explaining it so eloquently in a way that I could never have without being misunderstood

Comment

Originally posted by SQ025 View Post
                      Ooooo mindblown. Although definitely disappointing. Thanks SQ025 for the explanation.

I estimate my spending to be $35k-40k per year, and if reserve value doesn't add to TPP qualification, it's quite likely I will swing my spending to other alliances once I hit the $25k for QPPS. (Good to diversify eh?)

I don't find accruing reserve value a particularly compelling reason to fly beyond $25k yearly, and neither are the new $30k and $40k PPS Rewards milestones.

I think that's something that SQ could/should consider too.

Comment

While posting onto the forum here, I had also emailed SQ with the same query as above, and SQ025's illustration above has proven to be correct.

Excerpt from the email:

"To elaborate on this, an existing PPS Club member needs to achieve current PPS Value of S$50,000 within his or her PPS Club membership year to be upgraded to the Solitaire PPS Club membership.

The Reserve Value's function is to aid a PPS Club member in membership renewal within the same membership tier, hence Reserve Value saved from the previous PPS Club membership years cannot be counted towards this S$50,000 PPS Value qualification criteria for an upgrade in membership status to the Solitaire PPS Club.

We seek your understanding thus for the given scenario, you will be unable to achieve Solitaire PPS Club membership by combining your current PPS Value earned within the next membership period with the mentioned S$10,000 Reserve Value, saved at the end of your current PPS Club membership period."

I must say that SQ025 really explained it a lot better (and more succinctly) than the SQ agent did! Hehe. But all's clear now. Guess I'll take my excess spending elsewhere...

Comment

Originally posted by Unionruler View Post
                          I think all the lower life forms (KFEG/ES and below) will hardly get to redeem any long-haul Suites

First the QPPS use their advance upgrade vouchers, then all the PPS redeem based on the priority saver redemption.

Remember, the PPS will also have more miles given the 2x double miles vouchers and 1x 50,000 miles off voucher.
                          Even when you're flying enough miles to earn KFEG, the miles you end up with are lucky to get you a regular Y redemption in low season on a long haul. Nothing is ever available in or out of MEL when I fly as an upgrade, so I guess it will affect more those members based in SIN or nearby ports.

I see the benefits of KFEG as extra luggage, lounge access and priority queues and for me that's worth it. The odd upgrade wouldn't go astray though...

Comment

http://www.sqtalk.com/forum/showthread.php?t=15765
                            HUGE AL

Comment

Threads merged.

Comment

This is likely a first step change. The next stage (may in 2020?) will be to equalise all at 50,000 PPS Value renewal. Once people get over the current change, having two categories of Solitaire with equal benefits is not sustainable. This is a different strategy to that used in 2007 when we moved from sectors to amount spent and will be smoother than that. But later?

Comment

Working...
                                X