Clear All

Who has designed the current suites?
    Singapore Airlines fan in Sweden.

Comment

Originally posted by SQavgeek View Post
      Who has designed the current suites?
      Jean-Jacques Coste

Comment

If it is the real design for the coming A380, and according to the windows assignment, I may guess there will be 3 single suites (K side)+ 1 double suite(A side) and a dining table

Comment

Originally posted by sutrakhk View Post
          If it is the real design for the coming A380, and according to the windows assignment, I may guess there will be 3 single suites (K side)+ 1 double suite(A side) and a dining table
          But sources have confirmed 6 suites in the new cabin.

Comment

HERE SHE IS!!!! Noticed how the window blinds are closed in the new suites?

Comment

The new cabin products will be revealed in less than a month! What are your expectations? Do you think there will be a new KrisWorld?
              Singapore Airlines fan in Sweden.

Comment

Originally posted by SQavgeek View Post
                The new cabin products will be revealed in less than a month! What are your expectations? Do you think there will be a new KrisWorld?
                My educated guess is that the cabin will have the same KrisWorld as you see in the 77WR, albeit I heard a few 77WR still contain the older UI (not the black UI). I think it'll have the same black UI as the 77WR and A350. Maps, I think should be the same as the 77WR and 350 as well as the Wifi (Assuming).

Comment

Didn't SQ announce around a year ago they had a deal with Thales for IFE? Maybe it will go in the A380?

Comment

Originally posted by FN-GM View Post
                    Didn't SQ announce around a year ago they had a deal with Thales for IFE? Maybe it will go in the A380?
                    Initially I thought it'd be the 350 and 787-10 but if you are sure it'll be on the A380s then it might be a source someone pointed out

Comment

Originally posted by SQfanatic View Post
                      Initially I thought it'd be the 350 and 787-10 but if you are sure it'll be on the A380s then it might be a source someone pointed out
                      Im not sure, I am just guessing here and recalling from memory.

Comment

Originally posted by djsflynn View Post
                        Patience, young Jedi!

SQ plays its cards very close to its chest in matters such as these - the launch of the current 'next-gen' F and J had pretty much zero leakage if I recall, although there was also quite some time between the reveal and their first appearance in the air.

The current deal is that the media launch will take place mid-morning of Thursday Nov 2 – and there may be an embargo in place for a coupla hours, as this was the case for the previous 'next gen' launch. I'll share more info as and when I can.
                        Dear SQ experts -- any advice on this please?

I am preparing to try and secure 2 x SQ Suites awards for Oct/Nov 2018. The three routes I am considering are SIN-LHR, SIN-CDG and SIN-ZRH.

I am wanting to experience the existing product. This is because it won't be around forever of course -- also because I doubt SQ will release much/any F space in their new A380 F cabin once it is released/retrofitted!

So what do you all think about likely timeframe for the new A380 F cabin to come into force on those above routes? Do you think I have any chance of the existing suites actually still being in operation, based on my timeframe?

If you think that the new SQ F product will be completely in place on all a380 routes by then ... do you think that SQ would then still honour 2 x F awards in the new (six suite?) A380 F cabin? Or do you think they would downgrade me to J ? (As you will all appreciate, that would be a complete heartbreaker if it happened )

Any advice obviously would be greatly appreciated to help me plan what I should be doing

Comment

If you're ticketed and the plane changes to the new F/Suites, it will be honored.

Happened to many of us back in the late-2000s when the then-new seats came into service

Comment

Fantastic -- thanks for letting me know about this, much appreciated and obviously very reassuring!

Comment

Originally posted by calafprive View Post
                              Dear SQ experts -- any advice on this please?

I am preparing to try and secure 2 x SQ Suites awards for Oct/Nov 2018. The three routes I am considering are SIN-LHR, SIN-CDG and SIN-ZRH.
                              I'd be completely amazed if the whole A380 fleet is refitted by that time. They will take longer than the 77Ws because of the complexity or working with two decks and switching classes between them. It's also not yet obvious which order SQ will decide to refit in. Starting with SKF and working through to SKT might seem like a sure thing but other factors will come into play- maintenance schedules lining up with a refit is ideal so if a random A380 is due for a major overhaul, it could get selected at that time; also, if both current variants are to be refitted to have the same layout, they could decide that they have two all upper-J layouts too many and refit them first to address J vs Y demand on an existing route.

LHR- often gets new products early, but with 2 daily A380 flights, hard to pick which one, or maybe even both. Again the J vs Y mix may affect the decision too.

ZRH- probably won't get the new product too early on as it seems to be a route that can actually fill the whole upper deck of J of the SKL-T series.

CDG- this is a bit of a gamble. They're replacing the A380 this year during Oct/Nov with 77Ws. So what if they did the same thing next year while pushing through a bunch of refits? Your redemption could suddenly become two F seats on a 77W.

I offer no guarantees, but I'd go with either LHR or ZRH. You're bound to end up still on an A380 that way. I'd avoid CDG if it were me.

Comment

At one point there was 4 A380 configs when they did the PEY upgrades so I wouldn't be shocked if they did them in random order.

Are they all likely to be refitted with all the same config or will we have 2 in the end?

Comment

Working...
                                X