SQTalk  

Go Back   SQTalk > Singapore Airlines > All About Singapore Airlines

Old 19th September 2017, 10:20 AM   #91
SQ025
SQTalk Elite Gold

SQ326 has had sluggish loads since it was introduced. But without SQ326 there is no SQ325. The evening departure out of FRA is quite popular and sees much better loads. I would reckon if SQ would cut that flight, they would would loose quite some customers to LH and other European airlines.
Connections from SQ326 are actually not to bad. Provided that Inbound flight is on time, its actually still quite good to connect.

I guess SQ306 has a similar problem with the loads?
SQ025 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 19th September 2017, 10:30 AM   #92
SQ025
SQTalk Elite Gold

Quote:
Originally Posted by Metropolitan Airlines View Post
Why not SIN-ARN-OSL? I think this enable the like minded countries and cultures being on the same route to Singapore, with a short hop and they are in Samui or Phuket. Wouldn't that will be more attractive?
This might be the better option, even I think it is getting a bit crowded in OSL. TG has 6 flights per week plus EK and QR with a daily.

IMHO SQ has a disadvantage with their hub being too far south compare to TG and ME3. That is limiting their ability to offer an attractive network out of europe. And leisure travelers tend to be more price sensitive and SQ has also a disadvantage there.
SQ025 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 19th September 2017, 10:49 AM   #93
SQ_326
SQTalker

Programs: Krisflyer Elite Gold

Quote:
Originally Posted by Metropolitan Airlines View Post
Well. I wonder whether the low loading of SQ326 is due to the following factors:

1. Connectivity with Australian flights: SQ212 cannot connect SQ326, which is a big con. Whilst SQ 218 and SQ 246 passengers will need to wait for half a day to connect with this flight which makes it unpopular.

2. Connectivity with European flights: When SQ326 arrives in Europe it is already 8pm. Plus at least 1-2 hours time to clear customs and transfer, what kind of European flights can it connect to without arriving my final destination close to midnight local time, or I would be forced to stay at FRA overnight?

Therefore if SQ doesn't want SQ326 to continue struggling, they should make the departure time earlier to accommodate more European connections.

Adding VIE will undoubtedly lure away some connecting passengers at FRA, however, I think VIE has excellent land transport connections that is suitable for either a Red Eye or Morning or early afternoon departure from Singapore.

(Of course this needs to take into consideration of Australian and NZ flight arrival times since any European service ex-SIN will be dead without AU, NZ, MY and HK passengers connecting through Singapore.
SQ326 and 318 are for those who dislike redeye flights to Europe. I can't sleep at all in redeye which makes the flight rather edgy. After it landed, i would stayed at airport hotel for night and timing was right, 9pm+ for a sleep after 12 to 13 hours flight. Transit on the next day and the journeys were more comfortable. 12 hours loss wasn't a big deal...
SQ_326 is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
flughafen düsseldorf, singapore airlines, summer 2016