SIN Airport Guide

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

How to claim refund on SIN airport tax?

I recall that you can apply for refund of airport tax if you are in SIN < 24 hours and paid the tax on ticket. I cannot find where and how to apply. Any idea?

Comment

Originally posted by TerryK View Post
      How to claim refund on SIN airport tax?

I recall that you can apply for refund of airport tax if you are in SIN < 24 hours and paid the tax on ticket. I cannot find where and how to apply. Any idea?
      I don't know if you can....

If both tickets are on the same PNR then the tax is not paid... however if on different PNR's I think you need to pay.

Would be happy to be proved wrong!
      matt_will_fix_it

Comment

I am transiting Singapore but through checked onto My Final Destination what is the procedure for those of us wishing to leave the airport for a few hour between flights but be back in time for our onward connections.I have six hours between flights and coming home from Vietnam.Also on an Australian Passport If that helps.

Arrival and Connecting Onwards Details are listed below:

SQ175 HANOI TO SINGAPORE arriving 5:55pm

Connecting to

SQ269 SINGAPORE TO ADELAIDE departing 11:50pm

Any help would be most welcome

Comment

Originally posted by SQADL333 View Post
          what is the procedure for those of us wishing to leave the airport for a few hour between flights but be back in time for our onward connections.
          I'm not sure exactly what information you're after ? The general procedure goes like this:

1 Fill out an immigration landing card.

2 On arrival, go through immigration and customs - show your passport and landing card. Remember to have your onward boarding pass and passport with you.

3 Take a taxi, the MRT (subway) or bus from the airport to where you want to go.

4 Keep an eye on your watch. Allow plenty of time to backtrack and go back to the airport.

5 Return to the airport. Pass from landside to airside by showing your BP and/or passport.

6 Wait for flight. Find the gate. Pass through security and board when requested to do so. Leave Singapore!

But seriously, is there anything more specific you want to know ?

Comment

Where are some locations in T2 airside to spot some planes? Especially at night?
            Singapore Airlines - A great way to fly...

Comment

Originally posted by 9V-SPL View Post
              Where are some locations in T2 airside to spot some planes? Especially at night?
              E11, F42 and the sunflower garden at F50.

Comment

Any ideas when the latest check-in time would be for Tiger Airways at the Budget Terminal? 1 hour or 1.5 hour before departure?

Comment

hopefully I can get an answer from this old thread. Travelling to NRT with connecting time of about 22 hours. Scheduled to arrive at around 11am, and departs the next day 9am. I booked Airport's hotel (airside), and I want to go out of the airport. Just wondering, will they allow me to go out as soon as my flight landed, returning several hours later, while my flight is for the next day. FYI: I will already hold the onwards boarding pass when I cleared the Immigration to enter Singapore, and as stated, all of those who hold boarding pass can clear immigration back to airside, but I am concerned that I have such a long connecting time, and they might not allow me in to check-in at Airport's hotel.

Comment

Originally posted by 726 View Post
                    but I am concerned that I have such a long connecting time, and they might not allow me in to check-in at Airport's hotel.
                    We've had members here going in twice as early for their flight than you

Comment

Originally posted by SilverChris View Post
                      ahhhh. thx for the info. I thought you are saying going in twice.

Comment

Originally posted by SilverChris View Post
                        At NRT or at SIN? At SIN, you can check in for SQ 48 hours in advance and go airside. However, you cannot do this for USA carrier flights to USA due to security, which I've been told is a TSA rule.

At NRT, AFAIK you cannot check in so early, although I'm not sure what the rules are and they probably depend on the airline and the route.

Why not stay in one of the airport hotels near NRT in you don't want to go into Tokyo for less than 24 hours. You could amuse yourself seeing Narita Village, possibly eating there rather than in th hotel. There's some sort of bus service.

Comment

Originally posted by MSPeconomist View Post
                          At NRT or at SIN? At SIN, you can check in for SQ 48 hours in advance and go airside. However, you cannot do this for USA carrier flights to USA due to security, which I've been told is a TSA rule.

At NRT, AFAIK you cannot check in so early, although I'm not sure what the rules are and they probably depend on the airline and the route.

Why not stay in one of the airport hotels near NRT in you don't want to go into Tokyo for less than 24 hours. You could amuse yourself seeing Narita Village, possibly eating there rather than in th hotel. There's some sort of bus service.
                          Now I am getting confused.... My flight will be SQ12, which is bound to USA via Narita. My final destination is Narita, not USA. Am I subject to this rule? I will be in transit, and usually they checked me in a day before from the airport of departure upon departing that airport. The difference is that I will not be staying at Singapore's city centre, but staying at Airport's hotel at night (though I plan to go to city centre during the day), though by that time, I will be holding the boarding pass already issued from the airport of departure

Comment

Which transfer desk ?

[QUOTE=Jubilee777;7683][FONT="Trebuchet MS"]Departing

Which terminal is your flight departing from?

Terminal 3 Airlines
                            China Eastern Airlines
                            Qatar Airways
                            Jet Airways
                            United Airlines
                            Singapore Airlines
                            (For flights to USA*, Canada, Australia, New Zealand, Japan*,China, Hong Kong, Taiwan, South Korea, UK, France, Spain, Italy, Greece, Switzerland, Denmark, Germany and Netherlands)

*Flights SQ626 and SQ632 to Tokyo and Osaka via Bangkok and SQ62 to Moscow and Houston will operate from Terminal 2.

Terminal 2 Airlines
                            Etihad Airways
                            Lufthansa German Airlines
                            Malaysia Airlines
                            Philippine Airlines
                            Royal Brunei Airlines
                            Silkair
                            Singapore Airlines
                            (For flights to UAE, Saudi Arabia, India, Pakistan, Maldives, Sri Lanka, Bangladesh, Thailand, Indonesia, Malaysia, Vietnam, Philippines, Egypt, South Africa, Brunei, Russia, Turkey and Houston)

Budget Terminal Airlines
                            Cebu Pacific
                            Tiger Airways

All other airlines in Terminal 1

Departing

Lounges

Terminal 1

Emirates Lounge
                            SATS Premier Club (For SATS handled airlines)
                            Qantas / British Airways Lounge
                            Thai Airways / Northwest Lounge
                            Skyview Lounge (CIAS handled airlines and Cathay Pacific)
                            ANA/EVA Air Lounge
                            Rainforest Lounge (Pay to Use lounge)

Terminal 2

SIA Silver Kris Lounge
                            MAS Golden Lounge
                            SATS Premier Club (SATS handled airlines and Star Alliance Gold lounge)
                            DBS Treasures Lounge (For DBS customers only)
                            Plaza Premium Lounge (Pay to Use lounge)

Terminal 3

SIA Silver Kris Lounge
                            Krisflyer Gold Lounge (For Star Alliance Gold members)

Food and Beverage Outlets

Plenty. Some listed below:

Post Bar By Fullerton Hotel
                            Hard Rock Cafe
                            Guylian Chocolate Bar
                            Prima Taste - Local food
                            ToastBox
                            Senses Bistrol
                            Brewerks
                            Chen Fu Ji Chinese
                            Breks - Italian

Departure Immigration Forms
                            The departure form is attached to the arrival form. Just fill up the portion before handing it to the Immigration officer.

Airport Tax
                            Included on your ticket price. Passengers on one single ticket transiting in Singapore within 24hrs need not pay the airport tax.

Free Internet
                            Plenty. Wifi is also available free of charge. You will need to register on the main page of your screen for access to the free Wifi provided by StarHub.

How strict are they with hand luggage here?

Reasonable.

Security – Laptops out? Shoes off? Tips? Any No-Liquid restrictions?

LAGS restriction applies. Laptops must be taken out and placed separately.

Can I smoke in this airport? Where?
                            There are smoking rooms in the lounges and smoking areas in the terminal (airside).

Transfering through Changi
                            Proceed to the respective transfer counters at the Terminal of the next departing airline and check in there. If a onward boarding pass is given, check the departing gate and proceed to the gate 1hr before flight departure.

Transfer A: Singapore Airlines (all flights including T2 flights) and Qatar Airways.
                            Transfer B: All T3 airlines (including T2 SIA flights)
                            Transfer C: All T1 airlines except Northwest and Continental.
                            Transfer D: All T1 airlines except United Airlines, Swiss International.
                            Transfer E: All T2 airlines (including T3 SIA flights)
                            Transfer F: Singapore Airlines (including T3 SIA flights) and Silkair
                            I shall be arriving on SQ921 & departing on SQ322 so which transfer desk do I need ?

Comment

[QUOTE=bishop9011;221477]
                              Originally posted by Jubilee777 View Post
                              [FONT="Trebuchet MS"]Departing

Which terminal is your flight departing from?

Terminal 3 Airlines
                              China Eastern Airlines
                              Qatar Airways
                              Jet Airways
                              United Airlines
                              Singapore Airlines
                              (For flights to USA*, Canada, Australia, New Zealand, Japan*,China, Hong Kong, Taiwan, South Korea, UK, France, Spain, Italy, Greece, Switzerland, Denmark, Germany and Netherlands)

*Flights SQ626 and SQ632 to Tokyo and Osaka via Bangkok and SQ62 to Moscow and Houston will operate from Terminal 2.

Terminal 2 Airlines
                              Etihad Airways
                              Lufthansa German Airlines
                              Malaysia Airlines
                              Philippine Airlines
                              Royal Brunei Airlines
                              Silkair
                              Singapore Airlines
                              (For flights to UAE, Saudi Arabia, India, Pakistan, Maldives, Sri Lanka, Bangladesh, Thailand, Indonesia, Malaysia, Vietnam, Philippines, Egypt, South Africa, Brunei, Russia, Turkey and Houston)

Budget Terminal Airlines
                              Cebu Pacific
                              Tiger Airways

All other airlines in Terminal 1

Departing

Lounges

Terminal 1

Emirates Lounge
                              SATS Premier Club (For SATS handled airlines)
                              Qantas / British Airways Lounge
                              Thai Airways / Northwest Lounge
                              Skyview Lounge (CIAS handled airlines and Cathay Pacific)
                              ANA/EVA Air Lounge
                              Rainforest Lounge (Pay to Use lounge)

Terminal 2

SIA Silver Kris Lounge
                              MAS Golden Lounge
                              SATS Premier Club (SATS handled airlines and Star Alliance Gold lounge)
                              Plaza Premium Lounge (Pay to Use lounge)

Terminal 3

SIA Silver Kris Lounge
                              Krisflyer Gold Lounge (For Star Alliance Gold members)

Food and Beverage Outlets

Plenty. Some listed below:

Post Bar By Fullerton Hotel
                              Hard Rock Cafe
                              Guylian Chocolate Bar
                              Prima Taste - Local food
                              ToastBox
                              Senses Bistrol
                              Brewerks
                              Chen Fu Ji Chinese
                              Breks - Italian

Departure Immigration Forms
                              The departure form is attached to the arrival form. Just fill up the portion before handing it to the Immigration officer.

Airport Tax
                              Included on your ticket price. Passengers on one single ticket transiting in Singapore within 24hrs need not pay the airport tax.

Free Internet
                              Plenty. Wifi is also available free of charge. You will need to register on the main page of your screen for access to the free Wifi provided by StarHub.

How strict are they with hand luggage here?

Reasonable.

Security – Laptops out? Shoes off? Tips? Any No-Liquid restrictions?

LAGS restriction applies. Laptops must be taken out and placed separately.

Can I smoke in this airport? Where?
                              There are smoking rooms in the lounges and smoking areas in the terminal (airside).

Transfering through Changi
                              Proceed to the respective transfer counters at the Terminal of the next departing airline and check in there. If a onward boarding pass is given, check the departing gate and proceed to the gate 1hr before flight departure.

Transfer A: Singapore Airlines (all flights including T2 flights) and Qatar Airways.
                              Transfer B: All T3 airlines (including T2 SIA flights)
                              Transfer C: All T1 airlines except Northwest and Continental.
                              Transfer D: All T1 airlines except United Airlines, Swiss International.
                              Transfer E: All T2 airlines (including T3 SIA flights)
                              Transfer F: Singapore Airlines (including T3 SIA flights) and Silkair
                              I shall be arriving on SQ921 & departing on SQ322 so which transfer desk do I need ?
                              I'm not sure where you got this information from. It is extremely out of date. Houston via Moscow no longer exists and large numbers of SQ destinations have moved from T2 to T3. Please verify information before you post it.

Comment

Confusing layout

Could anyone tell me where B31 is in Changi T2 & Row 4/Door 3 Gate B7 is in T3 please.I have tried to look myself, but found the layout very confusing

Comment

Working...
                                X