SQ B777 withdrawal thread

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by 9V-SPL View Post
    9V-SVA flew to Alice Springs from SIN a few days ago.
    How bizarre, ASP of all places.

How did you find this out? flightradar24 no longer recognises it.

Comment

• Originally posted by 9V-SPL View Post
      9V-SVA flew to Alice Springs from SIN a few days ago.
      Alice Springs has a boneyard which just opened last year. It's the right kind of place to store or part out a 777.

Comment

• Originally posted by SQ228 View Post
        How bizarre, ASP of all places.

How did you find this out? flightradar24 no longer recognises it.

Comment

• Originally posted by leops1984 View Post
          Alice Springs has a boneyard which just opened last year. It's the right kind of place to store or part out a 777.
          Yep, it fits the image of the Alice perfectly lol.

Comment

• Originally posted by 9V-JKL View Post
            I can find that flight on fr24 but it doesn't list a specific aircraft. I'm just wondering how we can be sure it was SVA other than it being fairly probable, given fr24 delisted SVA and we know it was still with SQ. icargo shows no record of the flight so my sources are used up.

Comment

• http://flightaware.com/live/flight/9VSVA

Comment

• According to FR24, the 773 of 9V-SYI and 9V-SYF has not been operated for several weeks. In terms of SIA 15-16 financial year report, one of seven 773s will be left. Does it mean one of these two will be left?

Besides, SQ212 and SQ 806 has been operated by 77W(9V-SWT) today temporarily.

Comment

• Originally posted by heninkk View Post
                  According to FR24, the 773 of 9V-SYI and 9V-SYF has not been operated for several weeks. In terms of SIA 15-16 financial year report, one of seven 773s will be left. Does it mean one of these two will be left?

Well spotted, I hadn't been keeping watch on the 773s for a while. In addition to SYF and SYI, SYK has also been out of the air for over a week.

Flightaware provides a 2 week history- according to it SYF has only been out of action since 15DEC, SYK since 13DEC, but SYI has been over two weeks.

If I recall correctly, two 773s were meant to be returned to lessors. It is well known that SYK is leased but nobody seems to be sure of which 773 is the other leased plane.

Regular 773 flights to SYD, MEL, HND and CGK have been getting ad hoc replacements with 77W (non-refitted).

Three out of seven 773s out of action definitely indicates something but I'm going to wait and see. If specific flights had switched from all 773 to all 77W I would be more certain, but the replacements are random. Two will definitely go this financial year but taking out three could really slow down the ability to perform 77W refits.

Comment

Well spotted, I hadn't been keeping watch on the 773s for a while. In addition to SYF and SYI, SYK has also been out of the air for over a week.

Flightaware provides a 2 week history- according to it SYF has only been out of action since 15DEC, SYK since 13DEC, but SYI has been over two weeks.

If I recall correctly, two 773s were meant to be returned to lessors. It is well known that SYK is leased but nobody seems to be sure of which 773 is the other leased plane.

Regular 773 flights to SYD, MEL, HND and CGK have been getting ad hoc replacements with 77W (non-refitted).

Three out of seven 773s out of action definitely indicates something but I'm going to wait and see. If specific flights had switched from all 773 to all 77W I would be more certain, but the replacements are random. Two will definitely go this financial year but taking out three could really slow down the ability to perform 77W refits.
                    According to the 14-15 Annual Report, 1 777-300 would be returned in 15/16 another one in 16/17. Similarly, 1 non refit 777-200ER would be returned in 15/16 and another in 16/17.

For the 777-300, as noted above, SYK is known to be leased. According to Planespotters, it will be 11 years old in March 2016. It therefore looks to be the prime candidate to leave the fleet early next year in accordance with the guidance given in the annual report. Another unknown 777-300 will leave the fleet the following year, leaving 5 777-300s. It will be interesting to see what SQ does with these aircraft as it is a relatively small subfleet aged between 12-15 years.

In terms of the non refit 777-200ER, SVO and SVH appear to be the leased aircraft. I would speculate SVO will leave in March 2016 when it turns 12 and SVH in June 2016 when it turns 14. This will mean that SVF will be the single non refit 777-200ER in the fleet from mid next year.

SVF together the SRJ and SRL would be the last of non refit 777s left. There is still the possibility of SRL going to NokScoot as it has not year reached 14 years. Anyone have any ideas what the plan for SRJ and SVF might be? I guess its unlikely that one of them would be the frame that was sold to Delta?

Speaking of the frame to Delta, Scoot's last 777 OTC could be another candidate as it is past 18 years now.

For completeness, the Annual Report also indicated that 4 A330s would leave in 15/16 and another 4 in 16/17. For 15/16, STP and STS have already been returned. STI looks like the next to leave as it has been out of use since 6 December and would turn 6 in early Feb. Based on deliver dates, STK is likely to be the 4th A330 returned this financial year.

For 16/17, STM and STN appear to be 2 of the 4 aircraft being returned in April and May 2016. They are currently listed as for lease from these dates based on FleetIntel, which is when they will turn 6.

Comment

• Originally posted by heninkk View Post
                      According to FR24, the 773 of 9V-SYI and 9V-SYF has not been operated for several weeks. In terms of SIA 15-16 financial year report, one of seven 773s will be left. Does it mean one of these two will be left?

I hope when I catch SQ 212 next month we can see B77W or B77WN replacing B773 aircraft for a better passenger's experience

Comment

• Originally posted by vasqflyer View Post
                        Another unknown 777-300 will leave the fleet the following year, leaving 5 777-300s. It will be interesting to see what SQ does with these aircraft as it is a relatively small subfleet aged between 12-15 years.
                        My guess is they will end up serving CGK until they eventually leave the fleet. CGK is pretty much SQ's strongest market for the regional F cabin, which has seen them previously keep other old 777s in service past their use-by date. Some flights are covered by 77Ws with gaps between longer hauls but likely the majority of flights will be old 773s shuttling back and forth. I think SQE reached its 16th birthday flying to CGK 3x daily.

Comment

• 9V-SYF operated SIN-CGK route this morning (Singapore Time). While SYK and SYI is still out of action.

While 9V-SWT has been operated SQ 237 SIN-MEL instead of 773 yesterday. The fr24 initially showed the aircraft would operate SQ 806 yesterday. So it seems few possibility to change the aircraft from 773 into 77W in PEK SQ801/806 from late March next year. I just flew with SQ 801 early bird recently in J. The occupancy rate is quite well in Business and Economy class.

I guess one of the main reason they postponed to do aircraft operational change especially for 77W in some relative less popular route is that the retrofitted for 77W is going on slowly. And it could more or less depend on how many A350s will replace the 77W route in the future.

As to 777-200, with some 330s will be returned to the lessor next year, I guess there is heavy going for SQ to withdraw their old 772s.

Comment

My guess is they will end up serving CGK until they eventually leave the fleet. CGK is pretty much SQ's strongest market for the regional F cabin, which has seen them previously keep other old 777s in service past their use-by date. Some flights are covered by 77Ws with gaps between longer hauls but likely the majority of flights will be old 773s shuttling back and forth. I think SQE reached its 16th birthday flying to CGK 3x daily.
                            Thanks. Had not thought of that. It will be interesting to watch the changes that occur.

Comment

• SYI has returned to service as of two days ago and is now operating SQ211 to Sydney.

Comment

• SVO looks to be out of service so should leaving soon.

Comment

Working...
                                X